+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 112 of 922 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Sad that such a generally good debate has degenerated into a bit of name calling because of a spelling mistake.

Back on topic and just out of interest...Mac, what's happened since June 23rd to make you now think Brexit is a good idea? Admire your optimism, not even saying you're wrong...but has anything positive actually happened to change you from 'waverer' to Brexiteer?

I think many who voted remain, are pleasantly surprised that the world has not come to the end, as promised.

I think a litter of spelling mistakes ares down to predictive text on mobile bones, lol.

Apart from DCFC I am generally an optimist and tend to look for positives rather than negatives. My uncle, who was a big influence on me, had no time for negativity and always impressed on his family to 'look for the best' when things are going wonky. Mum and dad were upset when I failed my 11 plus but he said worry not and that he couldn't pass any exam but he just convinced employers he was the best they could employ. He finished up on the Board of Directors at RR!! So once the vote was cast I instinctively welcomed the result in a positive way and am convinced that we will quickly adapt and move forward. Just the way I am I suppose!!

Fair enough...wish I could be a bit more 'glass half full' sometimes too...just your positivity though and not based on any evidence at all?

Ram59...did you really think the 'end of the world' scenario would come about so quickly? The negotiations have barely begun yet.

Swales I suppose I should be grateful I'm just thick Must be terrible to be thick and arrogant like you

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Swales I suppose I should be grateful I'm just thick Must be terrible to be thick and arrogant like you
    If you honestly believe the crap tricky posts and honestly think he has out debated me, then you have demonstrated your thick.

He comes across as a blatant xenophobic, all bleeding foreigners and muslims are inferior to Brits, spouts about how wonderful Gibraltar is, a last bastion of the empire and neglects to mention they voted to stay in the ****ing EU! Of all those who have contributed to the debate, his alone has been unacceptable and in my eyes anyone who actually gives credence to the tosh he has posted is not a person I would have any respect for!

If you really want me to I can list everything he has posted which can be proven to be wrong, but then hey you believe what you want to believe.

Funny how anyone who disputed obvious falsehoods in the face of those who wish to believe what they believe is considered arrogant! Maybe I just have a broader view of things, rather than a very narrow twisted view which you seem to support?

No I don't expect anybody to change their views and thats fine, but theres an awful lot of assumptions being made some of which can be proven wrong now and others will be shown to be wrong in time.

Neither I nor you were taken in by the lies of either side, but many would have been and would have expected major problems immediately after the vote to leave

Yes rA I suppose I find it easier than many to embrace change but if we go into Brexit looking for the positives, and I am sure there are many out there if we open our eyes and use our undoubted ingenuity, and use those positives to our advantage then I see no reason to be negative. In or out there is no reason for despair, whichever way the vote had gone I know we would and will make a success of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    After in excess of 1100 posts, has anybody on here been persuaded to change sides?
    This discussion hasn't, but the general stance of the beaten remainers has made me want to dissociate myself from them. Anna Soubry on the radio this am is a prime example, she just won't let it go, and she as good as admitted that she basically wanted a rerun because she/they hadn't done a good enough job of selling remain. OK Anna, rearrange the Derby/QPR playoff final and I might consider it.

Good one!! We no doubt would'nt score again and poor old Keogh would deflect a shot going 40 yards wide straight into the onion bag!!

Page 112 of 922 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)