+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 921 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I started this thread as I'd no idea who should and could run the Country after Cameron stands down, I wondered if there would be a name on this footy board we were all in favour of leading the way for victory, but I can see with no names coming forward that no one thinks that there is a conservative good enough to run the Country.

I wonder if its time for another general election to try and find a candidate who's capable of doing the job.
    Straight answer? Theresa May.

although...I've heard the phrases 'well regarded', 'gravitas' and 'safe pair of hands' used to describe her and that sounds like a deja vu of when Claire Ballantine was approached to be pm and she crashed and burned due to an addiction to internet poker.

But teresa May doesnt have Malcolm Tucker bugging her every move...........

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don't really care who the leader is but my vote would go to such a voice of moderation with policies designed around common sense, compassion and concern for the well being of the whole UK.
    OK Mangara, I'll take the job but I have to reiterate - as Olson Johnson almost said - I'll take the ******* and the ******, but I don't want the Welsh!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Straight answer? Theresa May.

although...I've heard the phrases 'well regarded', 'gravitas' and 'safe pair of hands' used to describe her and that sounds like a deja vu of when Claire Ballantine was approached to be pm and she crashed and burned due to an addiction to internet poker.
    May?

Any politician who advocates that Sharia law is good in this country, when we have a perfectly sound legal system not driven by religious idiocy. Shouldn't be allowed to tie their own shoes, never mind wield power.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    May?

Any politician who advocates that Sharia law is good in this country, when we have a perfectly sound legal system not driven by religious idiocy. Shouldn't be allowed to tie their own shoes, never mind wield power.
    I think you'll find, and I'm hoping the political class have at last got the message, that the tolerant British will only go so far in accommodating other belief systems, and that it stops short of bending over, oiling up and waiting for penetration (to paraphrase from yet another cult classic, my second in this topic). I think ALL the candidates for PM, reluctantly or not, have got that message. If they haven't they now don't have the mealy-mouthed labourites waiting in the wings, they have UKIP.

I'm now quite lost...get Mangara (quite like that) but Claire Ballentine, Malcolm Tucker and Olson Johnson? No idea.
    Job's yours Rog...but the Welsh come with it.

See Farage has 'f****d off', to coin a phrase...that's the first stage of getting our country back!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 04-07-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I'm now quite lost...get Mangara (quite like that) but Claire Ballentine, Malcolm Tucker and Olson Johnson? No idea.
    Job's yours Rog...but the Welsh come with it.

See Farage has 'f****d off', to coin a phrase...that's the first stage of getting our country back!
    Ballentine and Tucker - "The Thick of It"

Olson Johnson - "Blazing Saddles"

May

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    May
    Okay then MoP...you asked the question and ridiculed the answer. Tell us all who you'd prefer.

Like I said I started the thread as I had no idea who could do a job in the conservative party, May wanted to stay in the EU which makes it a bit of a joke IMO.

Appointing a new Prime Minister who wanted to stay in Europe when the majority of it's people voted to leave would be a bit daft!

The next Prime Minister must be a Brexiteer, the candidates left don't look good but I'd have any of the Conservative Brexiteers over May!

Page 3 of 921 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)