+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 923 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

I said 'about turn'...'about face' is a bit too unpleasantly 'Goveish'...wouldn't ever accuse you of that.

'The people' haven't really spoken have they?

Aim for 600 for me and have the last hour at them. Meant to be much more overcast for Jimmy in his home conditions tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Shssss.. Don't tell Swaley.

Don't tell him what? That Cameroon and the remain lot were pathetic, resorting to overhyped and unrealistic portents of doom!! I already know that and have said so many times on this thread!! Though Tricky obviously didn't read it as he referred to my friend cameroon over and over again!

Aye the turbulence in the economy may not be all bad, unfortunately the ones that will suffer will be a large proportion of those who voted for Brexit, imagine voting and winning and thinking that all what you wished for would come true, only to find nothing has changed, there are still thousands of immigrants in your town and £360 million hasn't been spent on the NHS...nightmare!!!

Anyway 89 to go, though I've heard this new Forum does not stop at 500!!

We did beat Walsall though, not that it matters

Doesn't really matter Rog, but more encouraging than losing to Grimsby which is what I recall we'd just done this time last year.

Back OT...just seen Paddy Ashdown on Andrew Marr talking about a new political movement...MoreUnited.uk...not keen on the name - obviously - but it seems worth looking into. Made more sense than my bumbling MP - McLoughlin - anyway.

I thought Ashdown was dead! Maybe I am confusing him with another pointless liberal MP of the era.

Looks pie in the sky - trendy crowd funding based party? I cant see the great British public putting their hands in their pockets to pay for it. Especially a centrist party - the extremes tend to attract the lion's share of the money - which is why the Liberals were in the doldrums for so long.

Merkel is pretty centrist and she hasn't done so badly. Blair, although discredited over Iraq, achieved quite a lot too. The extremes might attract money and that certainly helps, but it hasn't done UKIP or the BNP much good and equally there isn't vast support for the British Communist Party (if it still exists).
    The two party system is, imo, what did for the Liberals but with Labour so totally split and the Tories only likely to hold things together during 'Maggie May's' honeymoon period, before they all start stabbing each other in the back again over the eventual terms of something only vaguely resembling 'Brexit', I can see a scenario developing which will see a new era of politics ushered in.
    With all the current chaos in the World these are dangerous times and I fear we could see an upsurge in extremist politics. On the other hand it might be the time for the emergence of a centrist, common sense, compassionate party (CCCP).

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Merkel is pretty centrist and she hasn't done so badly. Blair, although discredited over Iraq, achieved quite a lot too. The extremes might attract money and that certainly helps, but it hasn't done UKIP or the BNP much good and equally there isn't vast support for the British Communist Party (if it still exists).
    The two party system is, imo, what did for the Liberals but with Labour so totally split and the Tories only likely to hold things together during 'Maggie May's' honeymoon period, before they all start stabbing each other in the back again over the eventual terms of something only vaguely resembling 'Brexit', I can see a scenario developing which will see a new era of politics ushered in.
    With all the current chaos in the World these are dangerous times and I fear we could see an upsurge in extremist politics. On the other hand it might be the time for the emergence of a centrist, common sense, compassionate party (CCCP).

Extremist parties wont do well over here, sure UKIP got a fair few votes, but surel;y that was more to dow ith people feeling put up on rather than any support for their overall views? The Lib Dems ****ed it up by going into coalition with the Toires then trading no increase in tuition fees for a rfeendum on alternative voting which the Tories outsmarted them on - they willbe back when they can sort themselves out.

I can forsee the right of the labour party splitting off and joining up with like minded liberals

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Doesn't really matter Rog, but more encouraging than losing to Grimsby which is what I recall we'd just done this time last year.

Back OT...just seen Paddy Ashdown on Andrew Marr talking about a new political movement...MoreUnited.uk...not keen on the name - obviously - but it seems worth looking into. Made more sense than my bumbling MP - McLoughlin - anyway.
    Ah good old Patrick, mind you havent had a decent MP since they got rid of Matthew Paris, who for a Tory talked a modicum of common sense!

I'm in Europe at the moment.. They still love us..
    Official..

Page 42 of 923 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142542 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)