+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 632 of 922 FirstFirst ... 132532582622630631632633634642682732 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

An interesting time for the EU, they have got to sort out the financial rescue package for those countries most affected by covid. But the big question will be "who pays for it?"

Take Greece for example, a country already struggling financially, who would feel they coped well with covid, would not be happy to fork out for other countries who didn't.

There in lies a big issue with the EU, its great that there is a big organisation backing up individual countries in time of need, but then other countries may feel that why should they bother to keep their own house in order, only to subsidise others who don't seem to give a damn.

Ironically, if the UK does come out of Covid worse affected, then this could have been a pay back time for all of the years of net contributions we have made. No doubt, the EU would have prevented this in some way, though, maybe I'm just a bit cynical?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    An interesting time for the EU, they have got to sort out the financial rescue package for those countries most affected by covid. But the big question will be "who pays for it?"

Take Greece for example, a country already struggling financially, who would feel they coped well with covid, would not be happy to fork out for other countries who didn't.

There in lies a big issue with the EU, its great that there is a big organisation backing up individual countries in time of need, but then other countries may feel that why should they bother to keep their own house in order, only to subsidise others who don't seem to give a damn.

Ironically, if the UK does come out of Covid worse affected, then this could have been a pay back time for all of the years of net contributions we have made. No doubt, the EU would have prevented this in some way, though, maybe I'm just a bit cynical?
    Not sure who you’re thinking of when you say, ‘others who don’t seem to give a damn’, Ram.

We may not know as much about what goes on in other countries as ourselves, but as far as preventative measures are concerned the English don’t exactly seem to be leading the way imo.

RA how do you know Greece would not be happy to fork out for countries that have not After all no country has been bailed out by the EU more than Greece

I think, rA, Ram is referring to ........

Greece where very few pay tax in the first place and those that do use every loophole going to pay as little as possible. The "unfinished house" scam being one. New houses are built but never completed, they remain at 99.9% complete or thereabouts. That means they don't have to pay their version of "rates" on the property. They don't have enough tax inspectors to wade through the mountains of paper that are the tax returns. If they tried to employ enough and push through on the tax laws they have there would be riots.

Italy where they also simply don't pay taxes. It's a sort of national sport. Take the Euro, for instance. When the criteria were published for entry to the Eurozone, Italy was miles off meeting them. Come "E Day" some 18 months later and Italy qualifies comfortably thanks to some very creative accounting. Spain, Greece, Portugal and others idem ditto.

Many EU countries have a record of saying yes to everything to keep the rest happy and then only carrying out the bits they like. The rest gets ignored. Spain and France and fishing quota for one.

They say of the Greeks that the rich don't pay tax, the poor can't pay tax and those in the middle are squeezed like lemons until the juice runs down their leg. Company tax - get real. I have a handful of Greek corporate clients and not one of them is registered in Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    They say of the Greeks that the rich don't pay tax, the poor can't pay tax and those in the middle are squeezed like lemons until the juice runs down their leg. Company tax - get real. I have a handful of Greek corporate clients and not one of them is registered in Greece
    All be sorted by October, Boris will prevaricate then agree to a deal which is the opposite to what he promised, as he did with the withdrawal agreement which was basically May's but described differently.

There will then be a load of spin as to how its a great deal that nobody else could ahve done and roughly 40% of the country will be duped into believing him!

In the spirit of Ram’s desire to keep political and football threads separate - and before the return of the YouTubing Tree - a serious question for Ram and MoP.

As the most notable Brexit supporters on here, do you not recognise a certain irony...that those who subscribed to the meaningless slogan, ‘take back control of our borders’ are now whinging that the French aren’t apparently doing that job for us as well as they were?

Seems unsurprising to me...but do you really continue to believe that pressing ahead, over the next four already horribly complex looking months, with Brexit will be in any way beneficial?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    In the spirit of Ram’s desire to keep political and football threads separate - and before the return of the YouTubing Tree - a serious question for Ram and MoP.

As the most notable Brexit supporters on here, do you not recognise a certain irony...that those who subscribed to the meaningless slogan, ‘take back control of our borders’ are now whinging that the French aren’t apparently doing that job for us as well as they were?

Seems unsurprising to me...but do you really continue to believe that pressing ahead, over the next four already horribly complex looking months, with Brexit will be in any way beneficial?
    I

Hmmm the silence is deafening !

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I

Hmmm the silence is deafening !
    The silence is deafening? After a whole 22 minutes?

Come on Mista, some of us do have a life that doesn't revolve around this board.

In short, I do believe that as a seperate country, we will be able to return these people back to the EU. The EU is failing in their responsibilities to protect and offer shelter to these people, which is against international law. When we are no longer part of the EU, then we will be entitled to return the refugees. As it is, we have shared obligations, as we are part of one body.

Border officials throughout the world return people to where they've come from, if they don't have the correct paperwork.

I still believe that the greater fluidity of decision making, will benefit us, over the long drawn out decision making that the EU is famous for, during the hoped for recovery.

Sorry, I wasn't on the ball Mista. lol.

The silence is deafening? After a whole 22 minutes?

Come on Mista, some of us do have a life that doesn't revolve around this board.

In short, I do believe that as a seperate country, we will be able to return these people back to the EU. The EU is failing in their responsibilities to protect and offer shelter to these people, which is against international law. When we are no longer part of the EU, then we will be entitled to return the refugees. As it is, we have shared obligations, as we are part of one body.

Border officials throughout the world return people to where they've come from, if they don't have the correct paperwork.

I still believe that the greater fluidity of decision making, will benefit us, over the long drawn out decision making that the EU is famous for, during the hoped for recovery.

Sorry, I wasn't on the ball Mista. lol.
    Glad to hear you have a life Ram I must get one . My only interest is this forum 😃😃

Page 632 of 922 FirstFirst ... 132532582622630631632633634642682732 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)