+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 636 of 922 FirstFirst ... 136536586626634635636637638646686736 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I presume you mean quoting things that have no provenance? He’s been at it on here for a decade

For someone who quotes their own narrow personal perspective as "provenance constantly thats quite funny!

Mm well if you choose to ignore reality thats entirely your own choice I've noticed many people are more comfortable in a world where they believe what suits them whatever makes you happy i suppose but it doesn't change the facts!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I wasn’t being critical, Swale. Just assumed, from your other comments, that your income came from elsewhere.

As I say, I agreed with your post and was impressed with it.
    Brexit rA provided unexpected income from working with companies to relocate all or part of their operations so their activities wouldn't be stymied by a "no deal" Brexit. So ironically even though i think the whole thing is a cluster****, it has given me 4 plus years of work I never expected to have.

But that does demonstrate that the world we inhabit and the way humans conduct their activities is not black and white as many would seem to assume.

If people knew how many jobs, both medium and high skilled have been relocated to the EU and of course the economic activity and tax revenues they generate that has also been lost, they might be less sanguine about the Uk's post Brexit future.

Their complaints appear reasonable. If the rules and regs aren't being adhered to and there is little or no communication from the Home Office then I see no reason to be upset by their complaints.

They say themselves that they have made friends in the community. It's not Derby or the Derbeians they are complaining about but that the rules and regs aren't being adhered to. The process is taking way longer than it's supposed to. Some of their fellow refugees are anti social.

When, Tricky, will you learn that your weak attempts to raise hackles are doomed to failure and just bugger off back to your own board..... that seems to have its most recent post way back when Pontius was a pilot?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    ...and your point is?

[QUOTE=swaledale;39555546] I also suspect you’re the most knowledgeable on here...again as regards Brexit.

...and thats just an insult to folk who may well know better (with either view or a balanced one) and yet keep their own council.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 19-08-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Ah but that would mean dealing in facts, not generalisations that can't be proved or disproved.....

In my little part of the city, in maritime insurance, I am not aware of a single lost job due to brexit even when various companies have reorganised to accommodate the cessation of passporting.

Covid - Well that may be different longer term, but hey, that can now be blamed on Brexit by those who pedal that bike, and vica versa by those that don't.

Not disputing that there may be job losses from Brexit elsewhere: just observing that I haven't seen any in my little microcosm of the service sector.

Perhaps there are job losses in Burnley or Fulham?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ah but that would mean dealing in facts, not generalisations that can't be proved or disproved.....

In my little part of the city, in maritime insurance, I am not aware of a single lost job due to brexit even when various companies have reorganised to accommodate the cessation of passporting.

Covid - Well that may be different longer term, but hey, that can now be blamed on Brexit by those who pedal that bike, and vica versa by those that don't.

Not disputing that there may be job losses from Brexit elsewhere: just observing that I haven't seen any in my little microcosm of the service sector.

Perhaps there are job losses in Burnley or Fulham?
    Seems to me that, when Swale gets anecdotal it’s just a ‘generalisation that can’t be proved or disproved’ but when you, amongst others, do the same thing then for some reason it has to be taken as ‘gospel’.

If you’re ‘not disputing that there may be job losses from Brexit’ then surely you’re in agreement with Swale over what should be a source of concern, but instead you’re sitting on the fence again and resorting to ridicule of the unimportant mistake he made last night.

Apologies rA, I thought from your previous post you wanted to be told about the job scenario impact of Brexit by way of examples. I guess my example was not what you wanted to hear. My example was very specific, not anecdotal and relates solely to the area I work in. if you dont want to learn about Brexit job related issues, dont ask unless you are prepared to hear something that may not suit your agenda. None so blind as those who dont want to see

Au contraire, Parky...it’s not a question of ‘what I wanted to hear’...I’d like to hear that Brexit will create no job losses, but that seems unlikely.

All you’ve suggested is that in your experience, and in the specific area of maritime insurance, you’ve heard of no job losses. You, quite reasonably expect those, like me, who don’t know otherwise to believe you and yet you, and one or two others, pour scorn on Swale when he speaks from the point of view of his experience.

I also didn’t ‘ask’ anything.

Page 636 of 922 FirstFirst ... 136536586626634635636637638646686736 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)