+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 637 of 922 FirstFirst ... 137537587627635636637638639647687737 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,370 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

People, including me, don’t actually know how many ‘medium and high skilled’ jobs have been lost to the EU...tell people and change minds.
    Swale can'y help you rA, at best its anecdotes, and it is a bit of a feature that you seem to lap up Swale's anecdotes and ignore others, including often mine, which give a different viewpoint. There will be winners and losers in Brexit (Swale appears to be a winner, so on balance amongst us Brexit looks like a good thing), there will be winners and losers in Covid, what everyone SHOULD be doing is 'their bit' which unfortunately is a forlorn hope

Do you know what, I typed a response to this, but I can't be arsed, as know what the response to it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Do you know what, I typed a response to this, but I can't be arsed, as know what the response to it would be.
    At least you could turn your response into a song

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Au contraire, Parky...it’s not a question of ‘what I wanted to hear’...I’d like to hear that Brexit will create no job losses, but that seems unlikely.

All you’ve suggested is that in your experience, and in the specific area of maritime insurance, you’ve heard of no job losses. You, quite reasonably expect those, like me, who don’t know otherwise to believe you and yet you, and one or two others, pour scorn on Swale when he speaks from the point of view of his experience.

I also didn’t ‘ask’ anything.
    That's fine. I really dont give a flying **** what you chose to believe as you have returned to tail gunner mode on this point. mummy, mummy, that big boy told me..........

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Apologies rA, I thought from your previous post you wanted to be told about the job scenario impact of Brexit by way of examples. I guess my example was not what you wanted to hear. My example was very specific, not anecdotal and relates solely to the area I work in. if you dont want to learn about Brexit job related issues, dont ask unless you are prepared to hear something that may not suit your agenda. None so blind as those who dont want to see
    So you build an example from one tiny corner of commerce that you know about .but choose to ignore the dire warnings of business leaders ,the city, the governor of the bank of England ,Even ex Tory ministers . It's not case of people not wanting to learn about Brexit job related issues Just get out into the real world Geoff and talk to the people who it is going to effect .

That's fine. I really dont give a flying **** what you chose to believe as you have returned to tail gunner mode on this point. mummy, mummy, that big boy told me..........
    Calm down Parky, no need to get worked up.

I’ve actually no idea what Adi is talking about and I don’t know why you think I need Swales’ ‘help’ - or he mine, AF. Not sure what the ‘mummy, mummy’ comment means either GP...but something’s obviously led to you chucking your toys out of the pram.

My point is...Swale makes a point and it is regularly dismissed, in some quarters, as having no ‘provenance’ or it being a generalisation that cannot be proved or disproved.

I’m not disbelieving of anyone’s opinion, unless it is clearly based on prejudice and falsehood. I completely accept that AF knows infinitely more about the situation in the Balearics than I do and that GP is our resident expert on ‘maritime insurance’...what I don’t subscribe to is there appearing to be one set of rules for the accounts and suggestions of some and an altogether different set for Swale.

When Swale supports his assertions with verifiable examples, then I will give credence to them. At the moment he's like the bloke down the pub who got told by a mate that he'd heard from someone who works at.....

PS Mista - I accepted in my post that there will be Brexit job losses, but just gave an example of an industry that the doom merchants had said several years ago would be crucified by brexit but which got off its ass and sorted things out with no discernible change.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    So you build an example from one tiny corner of commerce that you know about .but choose to ignore the dire warnings of business leaders ,the city, the governor of the bank of England ,Even ex Tory ministers . It's not case of people not wanting to learn about Brexit job related issues Just get out into the real world Geoff and talk to the people who it is going to effect .
    I think that's a pretty similar group who warned of impending doom, if we didn't take the euro..

As stated by some, there will be winners and losers, but we should have more control and a decent government should be able to take us forward.

When Swale supports his assertions with verifiable examples, then I will give credence to them. At the moment he's like the bloke down the pub who got told by a mate that he'd heard from someone who works at.....
    ...aren’t we all? It’s a forum. We’re nor writing dissertations with a need for a bibliography.

Most of us have areas of expertise and varying degrees of common sense, then it’s just a case of working out who’s anecdotes are worth listening to about what and giving other opinions the respect they deserve...imo!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-08-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I think that's a pretty similar group who warned of impending doom, if we didn't take the euro..

As stated by some, there will be winners and losers, but we should have more control and a decent government should be able to take us forward.
    Yes Ram When we have a decent government .
    I've just watched a five minute video of Andrea Leadsom saying they lied about jobs being lost in the run up to the last election. Only someone with zero intelligence would believe a word that this shower tell you

Page 637 of 922 FirstFirst ... 137537587627635636637638639647687737 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)