+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 646 of 922 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656696746 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    A brilliant post from an ER nurse in the US...

"Anyone out there who can tell me what our end game is with the covid 19?

What is the magic formula that is going to allow us to sound the all clear?

Is it zero cases?

The only way that will happen is if we just stop testing and stop reporting.

Is it a vaccine?

It took 25 years for a chicken pox vaccine to be developed.

The smallpox inoculation was discovered in 1796 the last known natural case was in 1977.

We have a flu vaccine that is only 40 to 60% effective and less than half of the US population choose to get one, and roughly 20,000 Americans will die of the flu or flu complications.

Oh, you'll mandate it, like other vaccines are mandated in order to attend school, travel to some foreign countries, etc.

We already have a growing number of anti vaxxers refusing proven, tested, well known vaccines that have been administered for decades but aren’t necessarily safe!

Do you really think people will flock to get a fast tracked, quickly tested vaccine, whose long term side effects and overall efficacy are anyone's best guess?

How long are we going to cancel and postpone and reconsider?

You aren't doing in person school until second quarter?

What if October's numbers are the same as August's?

You moved football to spring?

What if next March is worse than this one was?

When do we decide quality of life outweighs the risks?

I understand Covid can be deadly or very dangerous for SOME people, but so are strawberries and so is shellfish.

We take risks multiple times a day without a second thought.

We know driving a car can be dangerous, we don't leave it in the garage.

We know the dangers of smoking, drinking and eating fried foods, we do it anyway.

We speed, we don't buckle our seatbelts, we take more than directed.

Quite a few people don't think twice about unprotected ***, they just hop right to it.

Is hugging Grandma really more dangerous than rush hour on the freeway?

Is going out with friends after work more risky than 4 day old gas station sushi?

Or operating a chainsaw?

When and how did we so quickly lose our free will?

Is there a waiver somewhere I can sign that says, "I understand the risks, but I choose a life with Hugs and Smiles, and the State Fair and Concerts and Homecoming."

I understand that there is a minuscule possibility I could die, but I will most likely end up feeling like crap for a few days.

I understand I could possibly pass it to someone else, if I'm not careful, but I can pass any virus onto someone else.

I'm struggling to see where or how this ends.

We either get busy living or we get busy dying.

When God decides it's your time, you don't get any mulligans, so I guess I would rather spend my time enjoying it and living in the moment and not worrying about what ifs and maybes, and I bet I'm not the only one."

Mm on the face of it a fair enough assessment, though with caveats, these are the same people who think having millions of guns in public circulation has no relevance on the number of mass shootings that happen. That view the provision of basic health care by the government as a commie plot threatening their freedom! Who think working long hours for low pay and 15 days holiday a year is being "free"!

Sounds to me Thicky like you'd best get your green card asap and enjoy the reality of living in the land of the free. Better hope you find a job earning in excess of $50,000 per year though as I'm not really sure you'd like the lifestyle earning less than that gets you - no trips to Thailand for a start!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    A brilliant post from an ER nurse in the US...

"Anyone out there who can tell me what our end game is with the covid 19?

What is the magic formula that is going to allow us to sound the all clear?

Is it zero cases?

The only way that will happen is if we just stop testing and stop reporting.

Is it a vaccine?

It took 25 years for a chicken pox vaccine to be developed.

The smallpox inoculation was discovered in 1796 the last known natural case was in 1977.

We have a flu vaccine that is only 40 to 60% effective and less than half of the US population choose to get one, and roughly 20,000 Americans will die of the flu or flu complications.

Oh, you'll mandate it, like other vaccines are mandated in order to attend school, travel to some foreign countries, etc.

We already have a growing number of anti vaxxers refusing proven, tested, well known vaccines that have been administered for decades but aren’t necessarily safe!

Do you really think people will flock to get a fast tracked, quickly tested vaccine, whose long term side effects and overall efficacy are anyone's best guess?

How long are we going to cancel and postpone and reconsider?

You aren't doing in person school until second quarter?

What if October's numbers are the same as August's?

You moved football to spring?

What if next March is worse than this one was?

When do we decide quality of life outweighs the risks?

I understand Covid can be deadly or very dangerous for SOME people, but so are strawberries and so is shellfish.

We take risks multiple times a day without a second thought.

We know driving a car can be dangerous, we don't leave it in the garage.

We know the dangers of smoking, drinking and eating fried foods, we do it anyway.

We speed, we don't buckle our seatbelts, we take more than directed.

Quite a few people don't think twice about unprotected ***, they just hop right to it.

Is hugging Grandma really more dangerous than rush hour on the freeway?

Is going out with friends after work more risky than 4 day old gas station sushi?

Or operating a chainsaw?

When and how did we so quickly lose our free will?

Is there a waiver somewhere I can sign that says, "I understand the risks, but I choose a life with Hugs and Smiles, and the State Fair and Concerts and Homecoming."

I understand that there is a minuscule possibility I could die, but I will most likely end up feeling like crap for a few days.

I understand I could possibly pass it to someone else, if I'm not careful, but I can pass any virus onto someone else.

I'm struggling to see where or how this ends.

We either get busy living or we get busy dying.

When God decides it's your time, you don't get any mulligans, so I guess I would rather spend my time enjoying it and living in the moment and not worrying about what ifs and maybes, and I bet I'm not the only one."
    Can't even post it on the right thread illiterate ijut!!

As I still live in the EU, I didn't expect to get many, if any, negative effects. Got my first negative effect in the post this morning. As I don't live in the UK anymore, my UK bank will HAVE to close my account. An account I've had for 50 years.

Move it to the same bank but their Jersey branch. Job done

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    As I still live in the EU, I didn't expect to get many, if any, negative effects. Got my first negative effect in the post this morning. As I don't live in the UK anymore, my UK bank will HAVE to close my account. An account I've had for 50 years.

Wait until we charge you for a visa each time you enter the country!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Mm on the face of it a fair enough assessment, though with caveats, these are the same people who think having millions of guns in public circulation has no relevance on the number of mass shootings that happen. That view the provision of basic health care by the government as a commie plot threatening their freedom! Who think working long hours for low pay and 15 days holiday a year is being "free"!

Sounds to me Thicky like you'd best get your green card asap and enjoy the reality of living in the land of the free. Better hope you find a job earning in excess of $50,000 per year though as I'm not really sure you'd like the lifestyle earning less than that gets you - no trips to Thailand for a start!
    Better hope he's not black as well

Wait until we charge you for a visa each time you enter the country!
    Still got a UK passport so that isn't a concern.

I wouldn't be so sure, not with this lot in charge, could soon find your citizenship revoked, after all it seems no law, no principle or right is sacred if it is perceived to be an obstacle to the "grand plan" of Brexit!

I wouldn't be so sure, not with this lot in charge, could soon find your citizenship revoked, after all it seems no law, no principle or right is sacred if it is perceived to be an obstacle to the "grand plan" of Brexit!
    I'll vote against them........ oh, hang on, they took that away from me in 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I'll vote against them........ oh, hang on, they took that away from me in 1999.

While it is quite amusing to see this incompetent government now propose a Bill that on the face of it, breaks international law and looks very much like an attempt to renege on the withdrawal agreement that BOJO claimed as a good deal and fought an election on it, I suspects its just posturing, before the inevitable climbdown that is required in order to reach a deal with the EU.

As I've said before, this will then be presented to the gullible public as a "fantastic deal" only possible because of BOJo's brilliance. Te Government will then hope that nobody notices that actually most of the so called red lines have been quietly forgotten!

You couldn't make this up, though this Government does a good job of trying!

Page 646 of 922 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656696746 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)