+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 648 of 921 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650658698748 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Indeed there is MA.
    All seems a bit like DCFC, to be just going from bad to worse. I honestly can’t remember being so despondent about the nation’s future since the early eighties.
    I wouldn't worry too much, rA, we won't leave without a deal, though it will be a piss poor one compared to remaining in the Customs Union, but hey the perception of sovereignty is apparently worth more having hassle free interaction between Europe and us!

Sorry Swale, I’d love you to be right, but I’m just listening to Gove on the ‘Marr Show’...Jesus wept...and he’s more cohesive that bumbling Boris.

Sorry Swale, I’d love you to be right, but I’m just listening to Gove on the ‘Marr Show’...Jesus wept...and he’s more cohesive that bumbling Boris.
    I wouldn't believe a word they say, they certainly dont!

With Cummings and Cain apparently on their way - and not before time - what does this suggest about Brexit?

A change of strategy acknowledging that now is not the time to embark on ‘going it alone’ or a case of ‘job done’?

If it’s the former, doubtless it’ll lead to more thoughts from the ‘King of Europe’ and his ghoulish image dominating our screens again.

With Cummings and Cain apparently on their way - and not before time - what does this suggest about Brexit?

A change of strategy acknowledging that now is not the time to embark on ‘going it alone’ or a case of ‘job done’?

If it’s the former, doubtless it’ll lead to more thoughts from the ‘King of Europe’ and his ghoulish image dominating our screens again.
    Well he is leaving at Christmas, so not a change of strategy, (always assume they had one other than leave the EU!) he finds the process of Government boring (you know the tedium of actually dealing with real issues and delivering solutions) as against campaigning whereby if you pump out enough lies there is more than half a chance that the gullible within a population will believe them.

Then as we see with Trump, despite 4 years whereby he has shown not to have delivered what he promised to the blue collar workers (the return of manufacturing jobs, etc.) but has delivered tax cuts and benefits for the rich, and then without evidence (and indeed before the election actually started) waffled on about votes being stolen the dumb ****s still believe him!

As for Brexit, as I posted before, we will reach a deal, an infinitely poorer one than we could have reached months ago, but it will be spun by Johnson and the Tories as an amazing one. Then the Brexiteers will celebrate the Uk shooting itself in both feet as a triumph!
    Last edited by swaledale; 13-11-2020 at 10:32 AM.

rA "With Cummings and Cain apparently on their way - and not before time - what does this suggest about Brexit?"

To me it suggests nothing about Brexit. It suggests people moving on in life, reviewing their work life balance, considering career options.

I k ow I did a number of times and I imagine you did too. I can't somehow imagine you stuck in the same school for 25vyears?

I think you might be getting your hopes up about any change in path. My man (well, bag-carrier) on the inside (and yes Swale, if you are reading this, I DO have someone who walks the stinking halls of Whitehall and occasionally DS and who shares the odd titbit), there are dozens of folk of Cummings' ilk (OK maybe not all so evil-looking) to pick up whatever baton he may be dropping. Other hate-figures will appear from the woodwork in due course...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    rA "With Cummings and Cain apparently on their way - and not before time - what does this suggest about Brexit?"

To me it suggests nothing about Brexit. It suggests people moving on in life, reviewing their work life balance, considering career options.
    Really? Seems odd to me that two individuals who played such a part in the ‘Leave’ campaign and hold/held such extraordinary and unelected power within government should choose now to depart.
    Surely if the deal is done they’d want to be around to ‘celebrate’ it and if it isn’t they’d need to be around to get it over the line.
    Not given to conspiracies but something seems to be going on.

Really? Seems odd to me that two individuals who played such a part in the ‘Leave’ campaign and hold/held such extraordinary and unelected power within government should choose now to depart.
    Surely if the deal is done they’d want to be around to ‘celebrate’ it and if it isn’t they’d need to be around to get it over the line.
    Did you not work in the public sector for a while? There's ALWAYS something going on!

Ok rA why do they need to be around to get it over the line? Anyway as I've pointed out Cummins will be there to get it over the line as he doesn't leave until Christmas, it will be signed sealed and delivered by then! The guy who is leaving now Cain, is Director of Communications and this is partly due to the appointment of the Press Secretary and partly due to tension within No 10 about the power that Cain had as Johnson's most trusted aide.

Those two were really only interested in the "project" which was Brexit.

Your right something is going on, Brexit is nearly done unless you can enlighten me as to how that isn't the case? As I've said before a deal will be done we will leave on 31 December. Not sure the architects need to be in their current posts to celebrate that, in fact it might be in their interests to be paddling away from the "scene of the crime" before reality strikes!

When he became PM, Johnson promptly installed Cummings as the most powerful aide in No 10, and appointed a large number of Cummings’ Vote Leave colleagues to run policy, and everything else, in Downing Street. In many respects it was a Vote Leave administration more than a Conservative administration. Cummings has never been liked by the party he was a means to an end, that end has been achieved, unless you can come up with a scenario whereby Brexit won't happen?

Of course Johnson has to shift the agenda, as a government largely elected on Brexit, he needs to try and get through Covid-19 and re*****ise the party before he gets shafted by the Tory grandees, which is likely to happen long before the public get a chance to vote again.

Page 648 of 921 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650658698748 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)