+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 649 of 922 FirstFirst ... 149549599639647648649650651659699749 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,490 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Did you not work in the public sector for a while? There's ALWAYS something going on!
    Not in school AF, nothing changed there!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Ok rA why do they need to be around to get it over the line? Anyway as I've pointed out Cummins will be there to get it over the line as he doesn't leave until Christmas, it will be signed sealed and delivered by then! The guy who is leaving now Cain, is Director of Communications and this is partly due to the appointment of the Press Secretary and partly due to tension within No 10 about the power that Cain had as Johnson's most trusted aide.

Those two were really only interested in the "project" which was Brexit.

Your right something is going on, Brexit is nearly done unless you can enlighten me as to how that isn't the case? As I've said before a deal will be done we will leave on 31 December. Not sure the architects need to be in their current posts to celebrate that, in fact it might be in their interests to be paddling away from the "scene of the crime" before reality strikes!

When he became PM, Johnson promptly installed Cummings as the most powerful aide in No 10, and appointed a large number of Cummings’ Vote Leave colleagues to run policy, and everything else, in Downing Street. In many respects it was a Vote Leave administration more than a Conservative administration. Cummings has never been liked by the party he was a means to an end, that end has been achieved, unless you can come up with a scenario whereby Brexit won't happen?

Of course Johnson has to shift the agenda, as a government largely elected on Brexit, he needs to try and get through Covid-19 and re*****ise the party before he gets shafted by the Tory grandees, which is likely to happen long before the public get a chance to vote again.
    Which I guess is what I’m asking...has there been a change of policy - like for instance an extension in the the light of the pandemic - and a subsequent fall out which they are now starting to ‘paddle away from’? Has it been decided that we’re going to have a ‘No Deal’ Brexit so their work is done...or - outside possibility I know - has the Government seen sense, possibly in the light of best mate Donald’s imminent departure, and decided to row back from the brink with, as I think you have been suggesting for some time, results in a much more benign Brexit which, although nothing like as good as the deal we enjoyed as full EU members, might do less damage?

I did Andy, for thirty years - even met Margaret Beckett - but oddly she didn’t confide in me as regards the workings of the Home Office.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I did Andy, for thirty years - even met Margaret Beckett - but oddly she didn’t confide in me as regards the workings of the Home Office.
    I didn't mean Whitehall politics, I meant The Common Room

Trying to stop the piano teacher pissing the entire drama budget away on the nativity play* in the first term sort of politics?

*Other religions are available

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Trying to stop the piano teacher pissing the entire drama budget away on the nativity play* in the first term sort of politics?

*Other religions are available
    changing the subject but its sad you need to add that even in jest, you'd be a natural for TV or radio news

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I didn't mean Whitehall politics, I meant The Common Room
    ‘Common Room’? You’ve been watching too much Harry Potter.
    Just ’Staffrooms’ where I worked and I don’t imagine internal politics was any more of an issue in the public rather than the private sector.

Just ’Staffrooms’ where I worked and I don’t imagine internal politics was any more of an issue in the public rather than the private sector.
    Sorry, I was at schoool in the70's, so to use the current phraseology, 'outdated' language, and possibly 'offensive', who knows these days

Which I guess is what I’m asking...has there been a change of policy - like for instance an extension in the the light of the pandemic - and a subsequent fall out which they are now starting to ‘paddle away from’? Has it been decided that we’re going to have a ‘No Deal’ Brexit so their work is done...or - outside possibility I know - has the Government seen sense, possibly in the light of best mate Donald’s imminent departure, and decided to row back from the brink with, as I think you have been suggesting for some time, results in a much more benign Brexit which, although nothing like as good as the deal we enjoyed as full EU members, might do less damage?

No rA there hasn't which is what was explained two posts before, plus others dampening your conspiracy theory - for a start Cummins had signalled about 3 months ago he would probably leave at the end of this year. So its not new, its not a surprise change its what was always on the cards and has been in certain media for about a month.

I fear that the benign Brexit has been tossed away, we could have gone down the customs union route, but Cummins and the hard Brexiteers have made sure that won't happen - if Cummins was leaving now, then one might say that was a possibility but he isn't, by the time he leaves it will have been agreed.

We wont leave without a deal, I was always sceptical that we would, but the Pandemic has made that a no no. So we will get a deal, not as good as we could have had but one which is better than no deal.

The other aid leaving is just him being thwarted in becoming Johnsons Chief of Staff, so no impact on Brexit at all.

It was a staff room when I was at school. If you ever felt the urge for a cigarette but no-one had been into town to acquire the statutory "10 Sovereign" or "Number 6" all you needed to do was go stand outside said room for 5 minutes and breathe in the air sneaking out under the door. Mostly Benson & Hedges too, the teachers dealt in a higher quality bifter

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    No rA there hasn't which is what was explained two posts before, plus others dampening your conspiracy theory - for a start Cummins had signalled about 3 months ago he would probably leave at the end of this year. So its not new, its not a surprise change its what was always on the cards and has been in certain media for about a month.

I fear that the benign Brexit has been tossed away, we could have gone down the customs union route, but Cummins and the hard Brexiteers have made sure that won't happen - if Cummins was leaving now, then one might say that was a possibility but he isn't, by the time he leaves it will have been agreed.

We wont leave without a deal, I was always sceptical that we would, but the Pandemic has made that a no no. So we will get a deal, not as good as we could have had but one which is better than no deal.

The other aid leaving is just him being thwarted in becoming Johnsons Chief of Staff, so no impact on Brexit at all.
    I didn’t offer a ‘conspiracy theory’, Swale, never do...I just asked a question and it is maybe one that has acquired more substance seeing as Cummings has actually gone completely during the course of the day.

You speak with great authority and dogmatism about such matters. I do wonder sometimes how you can be so certain...what is it you actually do?

Page 649 of 922 FirstFirst ... 149549599639647648649650651659699749 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)