+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 653 of 922 FirstFirst ... 153553603643651652653654655663703753 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    We won't even be able to have scotch eggs if Sturgeon gets her way
    I think they will still want to sell stuff to us, otherwise they will be ****ed!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don’t worry about us MA, we’ll all be living off Scotch Eggs...they are after all...a ‘substantial meal’.
    Kirky has been officially informed that a pizza counts as a "substantial meal" so, as soon as Derby's Covid rating is tier 2, he will be opening up and serving Pizza and Ale in, what is likely to be, 2 hour pre booked slots.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Kirky has been officially informed that a pizza counts as a "substantial meal" so, as soon as Derby's Covid rating is tier 2, he will be opening up and serving Pizza and Ale in, what is likely to be, 2 hour pre booked slots.
    I can't be arsed to go to a pub just for a drink with the current faff. Have been out for three meals since the first lockdown but on the whole I've avoided being indoors in close proximity to others.

I think you may have missed my point, being in the Netherlands. Michael Gove has pronounced that a Scotch Egg constitutes a substantial meal and Matt Hancock was completely confused earlier today when asked if he thought it was acceptable for wet trade pubs to get round the rules by accepting take away deliveries from MacDonalds thus enabling them to stay open.

You’re better off where you are, MA...here we’re not only ruled by idiots but half the country seems more concerned with getting round the rules than exercising common sense and getting through it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I think you may have missed my point, being in the Netherlands. Michael Gove has pronounced that a Scotch Egg constitutes a substantial meal and Matt Hancock was completely confused earlier today when asked if he thought it was acceptable for wet trade pubs to get round the rules by accepting take away deliveries from MacDonalds thus enabling them to stay open.

You’re better off where you are, MA...here we’re not only ruled by idiots but half the country seems more concerned with getting round the rules than exercising common sense and getting through it.
    To be fair tho rA the rules aren't based on evidence and straightforwardness are they? Since the last lockdown ended I've just ignored whatever *******s the government has said, it changes from day to day and frankly its relevance to me is minimal. And since Cummings broke the guidance and Johnson and other Ministers backed him up, its no surprise that many are pissed off with a government preaching what to do and then condoning colleagues who do the opposite.

I follow my own instinct on these matters and as I avoid others most of the time (apart from shopping) have no impact on others.

Where I am we entered lockdown in tier 1 and have come out of it into tier 2, there is absolutely no logic for that as far as i can see and its again hardly surprising if people can't see the logic then they wont follow the guidance.

Perhaps that half of the country who feel its *******s are right? That actually you can't believe a word that this government says and they have lives, jobs and other health conditions to deal with that are going to impact on them greater than corona virus will?

Gove was scaremongering about hospitals being full, nationally the occupancy is no higher than for a "normal" November and a relative of mine who works in a hospital up in the North West reports the same.

Those that want to isolate themselves or hide away, fine, but there are many preaching about this on social media and my immediate reaction is "get a life" look out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    To be fair tho rA the rules aren't based on evidence and straightforwardness are they? Since the last lockdown ended I've just ignored whatever *******s the government has said, it changes from day to day and frankly its relevance to me is minimal. And since Cummings broke the guidance and Johnson and other Ministers backed him up, its no surprise that many are pissed off with a government preaching what to do and then condoning colleagues who do the opposite.

I follow my own instinct on these matters and as I avoid others most of the time (apart from shopping) have no impact on others.

Where I am we entered lockdown in tier 1 and have come out of it into tier 2, there is absolutely no logic for that as far as i can see and its again hardly surprising if people can't see the logic then they wont follow the guidance.

Perhaps that half of the country who feel its *******s are right? That actually you can't believe a word that this government says and they have lives, jobs and other health conditions to deal with that are going to impact on them greater than corona virus will?

Gove was scaremongering about hospitals being full, nationally the occupancy is no higher than for a "normal" November and a relative of mine who works in a hospital up in the North West reports the same.

Those that want to isolate themselves or hide away, fine, but there are many preaching about this on social media and my immediate reaction is "get a life" look out for yourself.
    I very much agree with much of what you’ve said and I too rely on common sense more than instructions from a Government who break their own rules and are made up of individuals I don’t trust anyway.

Having said that, I was in a part of Southern Europe which had a particularly low incidence of Covid during September and early October - yes I did follow the rules about self isolation scrupulously when we returned - and noticed an enormous difference in terms of mask wearing compliance over there compared with Derbyshire. It was also very noticeable that our QR codes were checked thoroughly on entry to Europe and not at all upon our return to the UK.

I despair of that and of the variations between the way pubs are/were adhering to the rules prior to Lockdown 2. Probably only been in four but while some are excellent others don’t appear to care. I also despair of those who seem to think that being caught is a greater problem than actually breaking the rules. I was in a restaurant the week before Lockdown 2 where the owner was full of tales of the dishonest extremes people will go to to try and get around the restrictions on numbers.

It would help is all of the rules made sense. Many don't.

It would help is all of the rules made sense. Many don't.
    Very true MA, but basic common sense suggests social distancing, proper hand washing and mask wearing all help enormously.
    Shouldn’t stretch people’s imagination too much to recognise that mixing as carefully as possible with as small a number of people as possible are the keys until the vaccines have an impact.

I fear, just as there’ll be a marked rise in the USA following last week’s Thanksgiving holiday there’ll be another major spike following the Christmas/New Year break.

I couldn't agree more rA in that the typical british joe public seems to delight in finding ways round rules. Its easy to say they are confusing, dont make sense to some people etc but the reality is people are not breaking the hard to understand ones. Rules say "wear masks in shops" with a few medical grounds for exemption. Not difficult, not confusing, simple clear - yet people dont do it. Its not because they dont understand the rules, its because they cant be arsed. The man in shorts in December mentality that I have referenced before.

I don't know how confusing the rules are in other European countries myself, except that I know Greeks and Italians who say they aren't crystal clear. These two nationalities are mostly experts at bending rules (I know a sweeping generalisation) and their governments are not best known for precision in rule making, but the people do follow the simple and obvious things to the letter: eg mask wearing, hand sanitising etc. We dont

I'm not saying this to defend the government who do seem to have over complicated some things and been guilty of muddled thinking, but I honestly feel that even if there were straight forward things (like masks, distancing and cleanliness) spelled out in plain english as the only rules, these ****tish brits would still not obey them almost on a point of principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I couldn't agree more rA in that the typical british joe public seems to delight in finding ways round rules. Its easy to say they are confusing, dont make sense to some people etc but the reality is people are not breaking the hard to understand ones. Rules say "wear masks in shops" with a few medical grounds for exemption. Not difficult, not confusing, simple clear - yet people dont do it. Its not because they dont understand the rules, its because they cant be arsed. The man in shorts in December mentality that I have referenced before.

I don't know how confusing the rules are in other European countries myself, except that I know Greeks and Italians who say they aren't crystal clear. These two nationalities are mostly experts at bending rules (I know a sweeping generalisation) and their governments are not best known for precision in rule making, but the people do follow the simple and obvious things to the letter: eg mask wearing, hand sanitising etc. We dont

I'm not saying this to defend the government who do seem to have over complicated some things and been guilty of muddled thinking, but I honestly feel that even if there were straight forward things (like masks, distancing and cleanliness) spelled out in plain english as the only rules, these ****tish brits would still not obey them almost on a point of principle.
    Well that makes a welcome change...agreement.
    The biggest difference between Spain and the UK was that masks were mandatory in public places - except peculiarly beaches. Compliance was at least 90%. Even motorcyclists and cyclists wore them although horse riders, possibly because of their extra height, seemed exempt.
    The worst offenders seemed to be Brits, of about our age or older, on their way back from restaurants when inane grins replaced masks.

Page 653 of 922 FirstFirst ... 153553603643651652653654655663703753 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)