+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 659 of 922 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660661669709759 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah yes, sorry I forgot...we’ll have complete sovereignty (maybe) over the 0.1% of our economy that fishing represents...although, as you say, that will be reduced due to increased tariffs. Thanks Nigel...what a helluva guy.
    To be fair it was (call me Dave) Cameron we have to blame! first for calling the referendum just to sort out the Tory party's divisions, then not setting a threshold for the vote to be mandatory, then running such a lack lustre campaign and finally for ****ing off when he lost instead of taking responsibility for sorting out the mess he had created.

Farage is just a **** stirring opportunist with no idea beyond spreading lies, any half decent intelligent politician could and should ahve made mincemeat of him.

Mind you I ahve little sympathy for those who voted Brexit, and then voted for Johnson if the **** show hurts them, as ye shall sow so shall ye reap!

Agreed...Cameron must take a huge share of the blame, but without Mr. Mirage’s populist nonsense and the opportunist Johnson lumbering on to the bandwagon things would never have come to what we have now.

Ooh it's like a remoaner love in here today!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So the upsides of Brexit are what exactly

Here are a few Brexiteer quotes that no doubt the Leavers will have conveniently forgotten!

"There will be no downside to Brexit" - David Davis MP

"The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want" Michael Gove MP

"The free Trade Agreement that we will do with the EU should be one of the easiest in human history" Liam Fox MP

"Trade relations with the EU could be sorted out in an afternoon with a cup of tea" Gerard Battern (UKIP)

“We won’t know the full economic consequences for a very long time. The overwhelming opportunity for Brexit is over the next 50 years.” Rees-Mogg MP

“By 2030 we should come out about even”. Andrew Lilico, the executive director of the analyst Europe Economics and a leave campaigner

“I think Britain in 100 years’ time will thank God they came out.” Digby Jones former Director General of the CBI

"The last time we went through line by line and challenged quite a lot of the legal basis of these things, and we'll continue to do that referring to rumours of a £40bn bill) They sort of made that up" David Davis

“there will be no forms, no checks, no barriers of any kind [between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK].” Boris Johnson

“There will continue to be free trade and access to the single market” – Boris Johnson

"We have an "oven ready" deal - Boris Johnson

”We will maintain a free flowing border at Dover. We will not impose checks in the port." Chris Grayling

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I was about to comment as such haha.

Nothing like an echo chamber. Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post

Apart from it now being a few working days away, there being absolutely no ‘oven ready’ deal, it being anything but the ‘easiest deal in human history’ and a ‘No Deal’ looking ever more likely...you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I was about to comment as such haha.

Other than we now have actual proof that the leaver's were lying and are still lying and if that doesn't make those who voted for Brexit and Johnson think they might have got it wrong, then clearly they are either stupid or completely blind to the real world.

I think the point about the echo chamber is valid, although its not as bad here as elsewhere on social media - folk simply repeating the same old **** for the attention of folk who think the same way, and debate closed down by ostracising, insulting or shouting down those with an alternative view

Tbf...I’m on safe ground with Swale with Brexit, and people moan, justifiably, when we fall out. We rarely do over Brexit, but it’s a tad unreasonable to actually criticise us for agreeing.
    The point about the ‘echo chamber’ isn’t valid either imo. Things have changed...the whole (imo) disaster that is Brexit - let’s remind ourselves which way Andy and GP voted and thus what they presumably believe/d - is much more imminent and, for those who didn’t believe us at any point in the last four and a half years, isn’t it now patently obvious that the claims of the Brexiteers were lies?

I’m not sure we should be criticised for consistency and accuracy, but I am sure - Andy, Adi and GP - that you would have ‘stuck to your guns’ had this ‘debate’ been about matters relating to DCFC or any of the other matters we have ‘discussed’ recently. Nothing wrong with that and as for the ‘Remoaners’ nonsense...much too easy...but I’d suggest a great many more will be moaning (and suffering) if we end up, despite all the promises, with a ‘No Deal’.

Page 659 of 922 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660661669709759 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)