+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 680 of 922 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690730780 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The considered view, from all sides, should be ‘its early days’. From what I’ve observed there have been few issues BUT what issues have arisen are biggies, and early Jan is quiet anyway, BUT small issues are being amplified in the media BUT HMG are underplaying early problems. Not sure about 8 years but I think a unit of time that can be measured on a calendar not a stopwatch would be sensible
    Agreed, Andy. Waiting eight years, let alone Rees-Mogg’s half a century is, frankly, more ridiculous than trying to judge after eight days.
    The early signs aren’t good, which comes as no surprise to some of us, but the full impact for many may not be realised until we gain control of the virus and people start to travel again.

Sadly MoP, it’ll be a case of ‘the proof of the pudding...’. I honestly hope now that we Remainers were wrong and that everything you and the Leave campaigners promised will come true. Unfortunately I suspect it’s about as likely as the DCFC takeover going through on Monday and us qualifying for Europe in 2023.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 09-01-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agreed, Andy. Waiting eight years, let alone Rees-Mogg’s half a century is, frankly, more ridiculous than trying to judge after eight days.
    The early signs aren’t good, which comes as no surprise to some of us, but the full impact for many may not be realised until we gain control of the virus and people start to travel again.

Sadly MoP, it’ll be a case of ‘the proof of the pudding...’. I honestly hope now that we Remainers were wrong and that everything you and the Leave campaigners promised will come true. Unfortunately I suspect it’s about as likely as the DCFC takeover going through on Monday and us qualifying for Europe in 2023.
    I see another Rat has left the sinking ship - Douglas Carswell, the Ess@x MP who was so convinced the UK would be better off out of the EU he joined UKIP, has left to live and work in the USA!

Funny how the leasing proponents of Brexit seem very keen to move out of the UK, given that according to them Brexit was a great opportunity for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Has anyone cosidered the EU may not be around in 50 years?
    There are more than enough signs of discontent from outside the UK.
    The picture being painted, is that we will be staring through the window of woe and jealousy, with our rebellion.
    I'm not sure everyone in the EU feels that way. In fact some may already be looking at us that way.
    Again no one will know jack for at least a decade, before the insults start.
    Tell that to the people losing their jobs over the next decade and I'm sure they will be comforted!

Lots of things change in a decade, but rowing back on what a wonderful thing Brexit is by postulating what may happen in 50 years is rather amusing, except for those negatively effected of course.

Just a reminder of some of the promises made by Johnson and his merry men. The timescale was not given as 50 years, or 10 years or indeed 10 months!

THE GOVERNMENTS BREXIT CONTRACT WITH THE BRITISH PEOPLE (as published by them)

1. EU Trade – Exactly the same benefits – Not even close, benefits lost, frictionless trade lost, services not included
    2. Trade Deals signed on Day 1 – they weren’t, other than minor existing deals that have been rolled over they still aren’t!
    3. Money more for public services like the NHS – not the case, in fact Brexit will be more expensive than EU membership!
    4. Northern Ireland no changes to the border – clearly not the case!
    5. Rights, fully protected - Uk citizens have lost freedom of movement within EU, right to work within EU, equivalence of qualifications lost, student exchange schemes lost, health benefits lost, pension benefits lost – clearly not the case
    6. Security all cooperation’s maintained – no access to Galileo (military satellite) no access to EU criminal databases which UK Police use millions of time a year, security clearly compromised
    7. UK integrity of Union maintained – Northern Ireland already different, Scots independence more likely, Brexit has increased the likely hood of the UK breaking up.
    8. Science – partnerships strengthened – NO – weakened by lack of access to EU research programmes, top scientists from around the world relocating in the EU, UK research sector weakened.
    9. Date – fully out in 2019 – we weren’t
    10. Immigration, drastically reduced, nope it will just be a different composition and it will be difficult for many employers to recruit the workers they need.

Oh and nobody in government mentioned the application of VAT on goods bought from the EU, which has pushed the price up for consumers in the UK and the EU - shame that EU consumers may no longer choose to buy Uk goods due to the added expense.

Name:  Trump & Farage.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  97.3 KB

And somebody thinks Farage should have a Knighthood?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Name:  Trump & Farage.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  97.3 KB

And somebody thinks Farage should have a Knighthood?
    You insist on prattling on even when a game’s on?

Or, as regards Brexit, the games over

You know, this Scottish independence thing gets on my tits. Brexit will break us up, sob sob.

The SNP have been seeking a break up since they were formed. We were still a member and they got their vote. Even we have remained, does anyone really believe that they would shut the hell up for the next 25 years?
    Of course not, so stop with the possible blaming.

Just to correct the independence trash, Sturgeon joined the SNP when it was campaigning to get OUT of europe because of all the fish robbing.
    Isn't that rather hypocritical?
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 09-01-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Or, as regards Brexit, the games over

Well I've explained that holding the buggers to account is required so, I guess your memory's going and game over? Nah we are at about half time I reckon.

AF do keep up, the "game" finished before I posted this and frankly wasn't bothered anyway, the FA Cup is a farce this year and once we were playing the game with kids well I expected it to be a non event and so it proved. It also proved that we don't ahve a lot of talent coming through for all the millions spent on the academy and Duncan looks like a waste of time and money.

Page 680 of 922 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690730780 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)