+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 687 of 922 FirstFirst ... 187587637677685686687688689697737787 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,870 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

And there's more!

As the Fishing industry moans about lost business, other industries want to know if Boris Johnson’s promised “compensation” for fishing losses means a huge subsidy in perpetuity for this less than 0.2% sliver of the economy? Because the problems exploding in one industry after another, in less than three Brexit weeks, are not going away.

Friction is the new normal. As the chief EU negotiator, Michel Barnier said firmly last week, things have “changed for good”. UK choices mean “mechanical, obvious, inevitable consequences when you leave the single market and that’s what the British wished to do”. It’s not French revenge, or bloody-minded Brussels, but ordinary life as a third country.

The plight of the fishers is just a vivid emblem for the great blow that is falling on exporting parts of the economy. Michael Gove’s December warnings of “bumpy moments” upped an octave in the first week of this year, to Britain should prepare for “significant border disruption”.

The Sun warns of Brexit’s threat to the Cheltenham Festival: last year 180 Irish horses ran, but this year, “Brexit leaves Irish racehorse trainers fearing ‘colossal’ tax bill”. Likewise, the cost of taking UK showjump horses across the Channel is prohibitive for their British owners. Motorsport faces similar fees for cars shipped to EU races.

Look at the Sunday Times report on the crisis in a car industry that’s worth £42bn in exports, employing 823,000 people, where car-part delays are halting production at some factories. Yet still, most economically deadly is the unseen slipping away of invisibles, where that 80% of the economy in services is already leaking tax revenues. Bloomberg keeps up its grim recording of no likely progress: “City of London’s plight laid bare as Brexit deal hopes fade,” it reports.

And then there is the unfolding Northern Ireland disaster. Stena Line ferries has diverted its Great Britain-Northern Ireland sea crossings to the Rosslare-to-Cherbourg route instead. The Times headline reads “Doldrums ahead in shipping forecast as Brexit complicates customs”.

of course some of these issues "may" get sorted out, well made more efficient, the costs and red tape will still be there of course and in the meantime who knows what export markets will be lost?

Still we can always do a deal with Trump in the USA...oh no we can't ah well it is nice to get comments each week from firms I helped to avoid this ****storm and its even nicer looking at my bank balance and think you Brexit ****ers voted for this

I'm watching a documentary at the moment, unfortunately SkyNet fights back, god help us when 1997 arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I'm watching a documentary at the moment, unfortunately SkyNet fights back, god help us when 1997 arrives!
    Boris Johnson- "come with me, if you want to live"

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    And there's more!

As the Fishing industry moans about lost business, other industries want to know if Boris Johnson’s promised “compensation” for fishing losses means a huge subsidy in perpetuity for this less than 0.2% sliver of the economy? Because the problems exploding in one industry after another, in less than three Brexit weeks, are not going away.

Friction is the new normal. As the chief EU negotiator, Michel Barnier said firmly last week, things have “changed for good”. UK choices mean “mechanical, obvious, inevitable consequences when you leave the single market and that’s what the British wished to do”. It’s not French revenge, or bloody-minded Brussels, but ordinary life as a third country.

The plight of the fishers is just a vivid emblem for the great blow that is falling on exporting parts of the economy. Michael Gove’s December warnings of “bumpy moments” upped an octave in the first week of this year, to Britain should prepare for “significant border disruption”.

The Sun warns of Brexit’s threat to the Cheltenham Festival: last year 180 Irish horses ran, but this year, “Brexit leaves Irish racehorse trainers fearing ‘colossal’ tax bill”. Likewise, the cost of taking UK showjump horses across the Channel is prohibitive for their British owners. Motorsport faces similar fees for cars shipped to EU races.

Look at the Sunday Times report on the crisis in a car industry that’s worth £42bn in exports, employing 823,000 people, where car-part delays are halting production at some factories. Yet still, most economically deadly is the unseen slipping away of invisibles, where that 80% of the economy in services is already leaking tax revenues. Bloomberg keeps up its grim recording of no likely progress: “City of London’s plight laid bare as Brexit deal hopes fade,” it reports.

And then there is the unfolding Northern Ireland disaster. Stena Line ferries has diverted its Great Britain-Northern Ireland sea crossings to the Rosslare-to-Cherbourg route instead. The Times headline reads “Doldrums ahead in shipping forecast as Brexit complicates customs”.

of course some of these issues "may" get sorted out, well made more efficient, the costs and red tape will still be there of course and in the meantime who knows what export markets will be lost?

Still we can always do a deal with Trump in the USA...oh no we can't ah well it is nice to get comments each week from firms I helped to avoid this ****storm and its even nicer looking at my bank balance and think you Brexit ****ers voted for this
    Yawn!

Likewise, the cost of taking UK showjump horses across the Channel is prohibitive for their British owners. Motorsport faces similar fees for cars shipped to EU races.
    No its not. Don't let your bias get you carried away. Yes there's a cost in terms of £ and time for showjumping (for instance) and motorsport (for another instance), but as most international teams already travel outside EU to compete its really just more of the same. And yes I do have recent experience in both, equestrian (what you quaintly call showjumping) especially. Note also that the 'powers that be' on the EU side are frantically trying to reduce cost and red tape in an effort to preserve/replicate the Europe-centric focus of the 2020 season (as a fan I'd love that).

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No its not. Don't let your bias get you carried away. Yes there's a cost in terms of £ and time for showjumping (for instance) and motorsport (for another instance), but as most international teams already travel outside EU to compete its really just more of the same. And yes I do have recent experience in both, equestrian (what you quaintly call showjumping) especially. Note also that the 'powers that be' on the EU side are frantically trying to reduce cost and red tape in an effort to preserve/replicate the Europe-centric focus of the 2020 season (as a fan I'd love that).
    And you have had experience post Brexit? No i thought not, though as usual you ae sweating the small stuff trying to find a chink of light rather than understanding what a **** up this all is!

And I pointed out that some of this stuff would be sorted, though one would have thought a competent Government would ahve done so beforehand!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Yawn!
    Typical Leaver response to the unpleasant truth, mind you I guess they believed the lies told, so why would they accept reality?

Typical Leaver response to the unpleasant truth, mind you I guess they believed the lies told, so why would they accept reality?
    We have the morons saying 'I told you so' less than 3 weeks, yes 3 weeks, into the transition. That's what I call losers grabbing at straws whilst they're still there. Come back with sensible arguments after a sensible period of time.

Let me tell you a story, back in 1985, myself and my wife really stretched ourselves, possibly overstretched ourselves, to buy a detached house in need of a bit of tlc. Friends called us mad and for a couple of years, it was a struggle and we put off starting a family. For those couple of years, we had a few 'I told you so' comments. I look back on that purchase as the best decision we ever made and we wouldn't be in the position that we're in today, if we hadn't made it.

Brexit is another one of those decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    We have the morons saying 'I told you so' less than 3 weeks, yes 3 weeks, into the transition. That's what I call losers grabbing at straws whilst they're still there. Come back with sensible arguments after a sensible period of time.

Let me tell you a story, back in 1985, myself and my wife really stretched ourselves, possibly overstretched ourselves, to buy a detached house in need of a bit of tlc. Friends called us mad and for a couple of years, it was a struggle and we put off starting a family. For those couple of years, we had a few 'I told you so' comments. I look back on that purchase as the best decision we ever made and we wouldn't be in the position that we're in today, if we hadn't made it.

Brexit is another one of those decisions.
    Congratulations on your 1985 vision. We had more or less exactly the same experience two years earlier...it wasn’t unusual with property in the early eighties or, on occasions, since...but how do you know ‘Brexit is another of those decisions’ and where is the evidence of anything other than wishful thinking?

And you have had experience post Brexit? !
    Don’t need it, in the few areas I have any sort of involvement in there has been quite a bit of forward planning and as I’ve stated, although there will be a bit of extra admin and a bit of extra cost, life will go on pretty much as before

Now I will admit that I don’t have your skill in bull****ting about stuff I know absolutely nothing about, I think we all here appreciate that special attribute, so please soothsay away to your heart’s content

Page 687 of 922 FirstFirst ... 187587637677685686687688689697737787 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)