+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 711 of 922 FirstFirst ... 211611661701709710711712713721761811 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,110 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Have either of you ever stopped to think that this idiotic spat between you is the one of the reasons some posters have disappeared and no new blood appears to be arriving? Or is ruining the board the reason behind it?
    Utter *******s, this Forum consists mainly of narrow minded right wing old farts talking crap, with a couple of leftish leaning commentators and the odd neutral.

Take a look at the other moribund forums on here the only thing stirring is the tumble weed! DerbyMad has been in slow decline for years and its demise can't be that far off, it will be dead before the rams get to the prem in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Utter *******s, this Forum consists mainly of narrow minded right wing old farts talking crap, with a couple of leftish leaning commentators and the odd neutral.

Take a look at the other moribund forums on here the only thing stirring is the tumble weed! DerbyMad has been in slow decline for years and its demise can't be that far off, it will be dead before the rams get to the prem in any case.
    Have to disagree, Swale. Can only think of two ‘narrow minded right wing old farts talking crap’...one seems to have stopped posting altogether and the other comes from Nottingham. I’m quite likely to agree with you, politically, more than most, but most others, especially mac and MA, are intelligently open minded at least.
    People do get pissed off when personal insults start to fly and it does turn people off...you’ve only got to look at the comments from others when sparks start to fly.
    Sure you’re right that forums like this will soon disappear altogether...maybe we should run a book on which comes first...1. Derby in the top flight...2. Derby in League 2...3. A Labour Government elected...4. The Ram Inn ceases to exist.
    My order would be 4, 3, 1...and 2 won’t happen.

P.S. I forgot 5. The electorate belatedly cotton on to the fact that Brexit was based on a pack of lies, has nothing going for it whatsoever and that it’s impact is currently disguised by all the implications of the Covid pandemic. Suspect that’s probably the next ‘biggy’.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-04-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Have to disagree, Swale. Can only think of two ‘narrow minded right wing old farts talking crap’...one seems to have stopped posting altogether and the other comes from Nottingham. I’m quite likely to agree with you, politically, more than most, but most others, especially mac and MA, are intelligently open minded at least.
    People do get pissed off when personal insults start to fly and it does turn people off...you’ve only got to look at the comments from others when sparks start to fly.
    Sure you’re right that forums like this will soon disappear altogether...maybe we should run a book on which comes first...1. Derby in the top flight...2. Derby in League 2...3. A Labour Government elected...4. The Ram Inn ceases to exist.

P.S. I forgot 5. The electorate belatedly cotton on to the fact that Brexit was based on a pack of lies, has nothing going for it whatsoever and that it’s impact is currently disguised by all the implications of the Covid pandemic. Suspect that’s probably the next ‘biggy’.
    Seems I've been relegated. Maybe the era of assessing everything on its merits and forming an opinion based on the resulting knowledge (of the issue AND those pushing it) will die before any of the above. Maybe it's dead already

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Seems I've been relegated. Maybe the era of assessing everything on its merits and forming an opinion based on the resulting knowledge (of the issue AND those pushing it) will die before any of the above. Maybe it's dead already
    Unintentionally. Wasn’t going to go through everyone...I just think you’re more ‘right leaning’ compared with mac and MA. I did describe ‘most’ - and that certainly included you - as ‘intelligently open minded’.
    Nothing personal...just my opinion and I’m simply agreeing with MA that personal attacks, and God knows I’ve experienced a few of those from all sides, are hastening the death of the forum.

Unintentionally. Wasn’t going to go through everyone...I just think you’re more ‘right leaning’ compared with mac and MA. I did describe ‘most’ - and that certainly included you - as ‘intelligently open minded’.
    Nothing personal...just my opinion and I’m simply agreeing with MA that personal attacks, and God knows I’ve experienced a few of those from all sides, are hastening the death of the forum.
    There are only two people that initiate them, do you suggest I ban them?

I think maybe you’ve misunderstood me. I’m not attacking you (or anyone) and it’s not up to me. I’m merely agreeing with MA and disagreeing with Swale as regards the impact of personal ‘spats’ and the latter’s identification of those who make up the forum.

To be clear, not that it really matters, I don’t think most contributors are ‘right wing old farts’ and I have come to appreciate that personal ‘spats’ are detrimental to the forum. Agreement and disagreement is healthy...personalised attacks aren’t...imo.

I think maybe you’ve misunderstood me. I’m not attacking you (or anyone) and it’s not up to me. I’m merely agreeing with MA and disagreeing with Swale as regards the impact of personal ‘spats’ and the latter’s identification of those who make up the forum.

To be clear, not that it really matters, I don’t think most contributors are ‘right wing old farts’ and I have come to appreciate that personal ‘spats’ are detrimental to the forum. Agreement and disagreement is healthy...personalised attacks aren’t...imo.
    Well its a shame there aren't more here who can disagree in a healthy way

Really? So your claiming you ahve never initiated a personal attack? Though I agree its more your style to snipe from the side-lines and post in an ambiguous way hoping none notices your true agenda!

Then you clearly choose to ignore those that aren't as strident or obvious as Thicky. or maybe you just don't notice?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Really? So your claiming you ahve never initiated a personal attack? Though I agree its more your style to snipe from the side-lines and post in an ambiguous way hoping none notices your true agenda!
    Apart from confusing nuanced with ambiguous and elsewhere confusing thick with ‘having a different opinion’ I think you may have half a point

Page 711 of 922 FirstFirst ... 211611661701709710711712713721761811 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)