+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 737 of 921 FirstFirst ... 237637687727735736737738739747787837 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,370 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    How do you think change comes about Tricky? After all, wasn’t the forty year status quo of EEC/EU membership ended in the first place by you and those of your mindset ‘creating’ (moaning, whinging and crying if you prefer) about bent bananas, litres, centimetres and having to live amongst foreigners?

You answered that one yourself. Was the population moaning about being in the common market/EU for 40 years?
    No it wasn't

It joined, seemed reasonable. Then it morphed without permission into its current form with all the trimmings that came with it.
    The politicians didn't want to listen and ploughed on regardless.
    So the electorate made them listen.
    They certainly didn't spend the first 5 years whinging and crying, demanding "change" as you call it.
    Lol...more deliberate misinterpretation...where have I ever suggested the ‘population moaned’ for 40 years?
    Seeing as you’re not very good at answering questions I’ll tell you...I haven’t.

On the other hand, your ‘Sir Nigel’ founded UKIP in 2006 I believe. By my reckoning that’s ten years of ‘demanding change’ - as I call it - or ‘whinging and crying’ in your terminology, by the time of the Referendum, and God knows it didn’t stop there. He’s still moaning about never being elected.

Then again...if you’re so one eyed as to believe that only Remainers ‘whinge and cry’ while your lot are typified by honest, constructive opinion and integrity then you’ll believe anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just for clarification...I don’t know, how could I? .
    By doing a bit of research like I did and by never trusting any ‘round’ number. Misinformation is the scourge of the internet, you were the latest victim of it

For a more balanced view on the subject check out today’s ‘the briefing room’ on bbc sounds and ido mean balanced not pro one side or another

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    By doing a bit of research like I did and by never trusting any ‘round’ number. Misinformation is the scourge of the internet, you were the latest victim of it

For a more balanced view on the subject check out today’s ‘the briefing room’ on bbc sounds and ido mean balanced not pro one side or another
    Going round in circles, AF. Your ‘research’ was wrong, in so much as you originally stated there was no reference to Brexit. There absolutely was and you’ve been provided with that evidence.
    Whether it was correct or not I don’t know, it was just interesting that a Tory council in a Brexit area should put it out there.
    I have never commented on the rights and wrongs of the statement...I have only commented on what was said by the council in relation to their ongoing inability to provide a proper service...and they (not I) blamed Brexit specifically for the shortage of drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Going round in circles, AF.

Whether it was correct or not I don’t know
    My last post was just intended to point you and others towards a more expert commentary than any of us can

I'm surprised you admit to posting stuff without fact checking though

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Labour won't win an election if it reverts to being purely a working class party, that way lays only failure
    Doesn't that mean they have to become like New Labour, ie like Conservatives?

My last post was just intended to point you and others towards a more expert commentary than any of us can

What is going on with you, Andy? You’ve just become absurdly and stubbornly obtuse over this.

The only ‘fact’ I posted was that DDDC had written and circulated what they did. You know that.
    I have so many better things to do than ‘factcheck’ every statement that is made.
    For the ump****th time my only claim has ever been that Tory controlled DDDC - in a Leave dominated area - saw fit to repeat the local government assertion that the alleged 100,000 shortage of HGV drivers was directly attributable to Brexit.
    I found the motivation for that interesting. I know not whether it is true and you have every right to challenge their suggestion...but absolutely none to question that that is what they said because I’ve sent you an exact copy of their ‘circular’...and you know that too.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 31-07-2021 at 09:03 PM.

As if thats something you never do? Many times your posts contain inaccuracies, biased opinion and in some cases are clearly wrong. Never noticed you row back on any of the occasions these ahve been pointed out to you though.

A small step towards normality and an issue that was being worked independantly of Brexit, my insurers have informed me that Green Cards aare nolonger required for driving in EU (and a number of other european countries)

Doesn't that mean they have to become like New Labour, ie like Conservatives?
    Absolutely not, they just need to make the case for an alternative way of going forward and I would ahve thought post pandemic is the time to do that - though this early before any election there is a risk that the Tories will steal the most popular policies as they have done in the past.

All parties tend to be amalgams

A small step towards normality and an issue that was being worked independantly of Brexit, my insurers have informed me that Green Cards aare nolonger required for driving in EU (and a number of other european countries)
    Interesting use of the word ‘normality’...seeing as pre-Brexit we didn’t need a Green Card to drive abroad. So ‘normality equals ‘pre-Brexit’?

Page 737 of 921 FirstFirst ... 237637687727735736737738739747787837 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)