+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 773 of 922 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773774775783823873 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,730 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

I have to go and see a potential new client in Woking today. rA, can you give me a few tips on how to interact in your brave new world? I don't want an entire part of suburban Surrey to take umbrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I have to go and see a potential new client in Woking today. rA, can you give me a few tips on how to interact in your brave new world? I don't want an entire part of suburban Surrey to take umbrage.
    Wtf is it ‘my brave new world’? I’m simply pointing out that censorship over how we behave and what we’re allowed to watch and see has been with us for a while. It’s those who are shocked by this revelation who need to get out more.

Just a quickie as this isn't really thread specific, but why are you so against social injustice in any nook and cranny? By my estimate you are probably in the above average "privileged" class, so why the passion for "justice". Where does it stem from?

This is a serious question. I imagine we shared the same political stances when at university (from what you've said) but most of my contemporaries have, like me, long since abandoned the cause as we survive, grow and "better ourselves". But for you the passion still burns?

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39869172]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Errrrrrrrrrrrrm read what I wrote. "Councils" deciding who/what theatres can allow to show.
    Since when was this free society of ours censored, because "woke" individuals decided what's allowed and what isn't?
    You yourself come across as such, that folk shouldn't be allowed to watch such terrible things and I'm stopping you from doing so.
    Was your mum Mary Whitehouse and do you hanker for the Victorian values days? [\QUOTE]

Tricky...for crying out loud...councils/the authorities have always exercised their powers in this way and ‘this free society of ours’ has always been censored.
    What do you think the 9.00 ‘watershed’ is all about or film classification?
    Even this site is censored, as I’ll attempt to demonstrate, hopefully without getting banned. When was the last time anyone was allowed to use the word ‘c**t’ on here...a term of greeting I believe CB uses most evenings. When was the last time you saw an e**** p**** on TV or even full penetrative ***, no matter how ***** to the plot?
    Blimey even those responsible for the presentation of sports programmes sometimes censor what we see eg...Harvey Elliott’s injury last week and the attention seeking streaker who ‘invaded’ so many cricket matches last summer but never appeared on our screens.

So...no, I don’t hanker after Victorian values or Mary Whitehouse but I am sufficiently grown up to recognise that the authorities do need to sometimes exercise some degree of control over what is available for us to see. Whether your mate ‘poor’ Chubby fits into that category I have no idea but I don’t think fif**** people protesting outside a theatre is going to make much difference.

P.S. Well ****** me...we can’t even spell out 15 on here. See what I mean?
    Yes I get that. But the general public can walk into this public forum and read it. You get into a Chubby Brown concert by buying a ticket. It has a rating and warning for the easily offended.
    Which part of choice and free speech of that do you not understand?

TV IS A GENERAL PUBLIC VIEWING.
    Cinemas have a rating and if you are not old enough, you don't get in!
    Also films rated as in appropriate don't get shown, as they break decency laws. If Chubby Brown doesn't do that(break the law) in his shows, then he is being selectively victimised by a moralistic few, who are deciding what's allowed.
    Do you not see the comparison here or what?
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 18-09-2021 at 01:36 PM.

[QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;39869258]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Yes I get that. But the general public can walk into this public forum and read it. You get into a Chubby Brown concert by buying a ticket. It has a rating and warning for the easily offended.
    Which part of choice and free speech of that do you not understand?

TV IS A GENERAL PUBLIC VIEWING.
    Cinemas have a rating and if you are not old enough, you don't get in!
    Also films rated as in appropriate don't get shown, as they break decency laws. If Chubby Brown doesn't do that(break the law) in his shows, then he is being selectively victimised by a moralistic few, who are deciding what's allowed.
    Do you not see the comparison here or what?
    Pointless continuing Tricky. I know virtually nothing about Chubby Brown and you simply want to turn him into some sort of ‘free speech martyr’.
    I have no idea whether he’s being ‘victimised by a moralistic few’ or not...but he isn’t the first and he won’t be the last to be banned.
    CB apart, I don’t know where you’re going with this. Your argument seems to be...if people choose and can afford to buy a ticket then they can watch whatever they like. I think maybe not on that one.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-09-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Just a quickie as this isn't really thread specific, but why are you so against social injustice in any nook and cranny? By my estimate you are probably in the above average "privileged" class, so why the passion for "justice". Where does it stem from?

This is a serious question. I imagine we shared the same political stances when at university (from what you've said) but most of my contemporaries have, like me, long since abandoned the cause as we survive, grow and "better ourselves". But for you the passion still burns?
    Much more intriguing would be...what changed you?
    Were we similar throughout University...I wouldn’t know. Politically speaking I was left wing but never extremely so. It was more about having a good time and making it last as long as possible which, in my case, went on for a fantastic five years.
    Maybe it’s to do with me having done English and History and you being all about numbers...or maybe it’s the different circles we’ve worked in since.
    I made a point of working with the disadvantaged in deprived areas. It’s what I wanted to do. You’ve worked with the wealthy and - probably in a number of cases - helping those who want to avoid putting more than they need to into the system. I’ve also always had a healthy hatred of bullies and bullying, and to me racism, ***ism etc are just extensions, sometimes state sanctioned, of bullying.
    Ultimately I’d like to see a fairer and better society for my old age, my children and my grandchildren. I’ve certainly bettered myself and I believe in people being able to do that. I just don’t want to see others downtrodden in the process. Nothing very unusual in that stance amongst my circle of friends.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39869271]

Pointless continuing Tricky. I know virtually nothing about Chubby Brown and you simply want to turn him into some sort of ‘free speech martyr’.
    I have no idea whether he’s being ‘victimised by a moralistic few’ or not...but he isn’t the first and he won’t be the last to be banned.
    CB apart, I don’t know where you’re going with this. Your argument seems to be...if people choose and can afford to buy a ticket then they can watch whatever they like. I think maybe not on that one.
    Listen, my point is, Chubby Brown is an adult commedian. His act has never changed in 30 years. He has also, has a number 3 record,been on tv in many shows. But his stage show is advertised as strictly adult only. Lots of swearing and crude jokes.
    My point is- who gets to decide, WHAT YOU AND I, CAN/CAN NOT WATCH?
    No one forces you to go. If you don't pay for his show, you cannot attend to be offended.
    Making any offence you may have, after being warned, irrelevent.
    The fact you don't understand this, concerns me.

Let me put it another way. I wouldn't attend a rap concert or drill music concert if you paid me.
    Not only do I find it mundane crap, it is also full of references of gun violence and degredation of women.
    But it is my choice, NOT to listen to it or attend.
    So by the definition of the action you are defending, why aren't the said concerts banned?

[QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;39869552]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Listen, my point is, Chubby Brown is an adult commedian. His act has never changed in 30 years. He has also, has a number 3 record,been on tv in many shows. But his stage show is advertised as strictly adult only. Lots of swearing and crude jokes.
    My point is- who gets to decide, WHAT YOU AND I, CAN/CAN NOT WATCH?
    No one forces you to go. If you don't pay for his show, you cannot attend to be offended.
    Making any offence you may have, after being warned, irrelevent.
    The fact you don't understand this, concerns me.

Let me put it another way. I wouldn't attend a rap concert or drill music concert if you paid me.
    Not only do I find it mundane crap, it is also full of references of gun violence and degredation of women.
    But it is my choice, NOT to listen to it or attend.
    So by the definition of the action you are defending, why aren't the said concerts banned?
    I know what your point is and I’m unsurprised that you’re a Chubby Brown fan...but you’ve still to answer my question...if people have access to and can afford a ticket does that mean they can watch what they like?
    Sure we’ve been here before with that idiot Bernard Manning...and yes I would have had him banned...for being an offensive tw@t. You probably admired him too.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39869662]

I know what your point is and I’m unsurprised that you’re a Chubby Brown fan...but you’ve still to answer my question...if people have access to and can afford a ticket does that mean they can watch what they like?
    Sure we’ve been here before with that idiot Bernard Manning...and yes I would have had him banned...for being an offensive tw@t. You probably admired him too.
    Wow a lot of assumptions there. I saw Chubby Brown when I was 22. Full works outing.
    I thought he was funny, but I haven't seen him since. Never seen Bernard Manning in my life.

So yes, if you buy a ticket for a private, why should you not be allowed to do so?
    I gave you an example, on rap/drill music(assuming you know what that is). Hate the pap, but if it folks want it, fine. Just keep it away from my ears.

How far do you want to go?
    Choudary was spouting racist bile, in public for years and no one had the guts to take him down. Yet the council can ban a comedian?
    The internet, is probably/surely full of stuff you or I don't approve of. From terrorist videos to sheep shagging lol.
    But it goes on.

So what you are suggesting, is a fascist sate then? Or a communist one?
    The party/state decides what is good for you? Because believe me, that's how you sound.

Probably only how I sound to you and as I said before there’s little point in continuing.
    I actually couldn’t care less about Chubby Brown...you like him and are angry at him being banned...but ultimately there always has been censorship of one sort or another.
    I’m not sure why you’ve brought Choudary up...as you know I despise all fundamentalists, he’s a far cry from Chubby Brown and, as far as I know, has never appeared on stage in Sheffield.
    You can bang on as much as you like about fascist and communist states, but I’ve already shown you how censorship exists and the fact that you don’t recognise the dangers of people being able to watch what they like in private so long as they can afford it makes me think you haven’t really thought this through. As for CB...for about the fourth time...I don’t know or care enough to judge.

Page 773 of 922 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773774775783823873 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)