+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 774 of 922 FirstFirst ... 274674724764772773774775776784824874 ... LastLast
Results 7,731 to 7,740 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

rA I think TTR's point is that the content of CB's "comedy" is not illegal and therefore shouldn't be banned by the "politically correct" mob.

With regard to rap/drill rap, might some of the lyrics be promoting violence? In that case they possibly DO break the Law and a ban may well be appropriate.

As they say.... Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    rA I think TTR's point is that the content of CB's "comedy" is not illegal and therefore shouldn't be banned by the "politically correct" mob.

As they say.... Just sayin'
    I know what his point is, MA, although I don’t really know why the Brexit thread has been hijacked by Chubby Brown.
    My points are that the banning of certain performers is, rightly or wrongly, hardly unprecedented and that, for those looking for a martyr to the cause of ‘free speech’, a potty mouthed ‘blue’ comedian is probably the wrong ‘offering’.
    Personally I don’t really care...his mentor Bernard Manning I did think was out of order because he was racist and divisive...I don’t know enough about CB’s content to comment, but Sheffield City Hall isn’t the only place to ban him and for all those desperate to see him, there will probably be an equal number happy to hear that his performance isn’t going ahead in their town or city.
    As you say...’just sayin’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I know what his point is, MA, although I don’t really know why the Brexit thread has been hijacked by Chubby Brown.
    I'd say its because its relevant, and going back to my long-held belief, many of those who voted Brexit did so as much by way of protest as anything, a protest against constantly being told what was good for them

PS if you want an example of wokeness, check out Sir Ed Davey's stomach-turning failure to defend women in his interview with Andrew Marr earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'd say its because its relevant, and going back to my long-held belief, many of those who voted Brexit did so as much by way of protest as anything, a protest against constantly being told what was good for them

PS if you want an example of wokeness, check out Sir Ed Davey's stomach-turning failure to defend women in his interview with Andrew Marr earlier.
    Hmmm...thought you always denied that Brexit was nothing more than a ‘protest vote’.
    We’re always being told what is good for us, Andy...how fast we can drive, how much we can drink, how many calories to take in, never to smoke, how much time to spend in the sun, what type of petrol to use, how old we must be to engage in a variety of activities etc... and never more so than during the last twenty months or so, when one of the things you and I have agreed on is the stupidity of those who have ignored being told what to do via government/ scientific advice surrounding Covid.

I’ve no idea what Ed Daley said...never take much notice of him anyway...but I suspect Mr. Vasey has nothing to do with Brexit other than being another excuse for Tricky to have another stupid ‘snowflake’ rant.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-09-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Who is Ed Daley? I cannot even google a good answer as the only one I find have been dead for years?

As for Royston, I've never seen him, but is he any worse than Jimmy Carr or Frankie Boyle in his politically incorrect approach to making people laugh. I suppose he is - Royston has never been seen on TV, the other two are regulars, Royston spent his early years in borstal and jail, the other two at university....... Ah such is the equality of opportunity we all crave

I remember being mighty pissed off when at university myself when Birmingham City Council banned The Tubes from performing and my tickets had to go back (replaced by seeing Captain Beefheart as it happens). It was extremely annoying and I've always objected to such nanny state censorship ever since.

Its not the same thing as maximum driving speeds etc examples that you cite rA - the examples you cite do not mean that you cannot do them- its just that there could be consequences if you do. You cannot attend a comedian's performance or a gig if some council official bans it. it simply wont happen. Same with censoring Lolita, Lady Chatterley's Lover, Spycatcher to name but a few examples closer to your territory.

Hmmm...thought you always denied that Brexit was nothing more than a ‘protest vote’.
    We’re always being told what is good for us, Andy...how fast we can drive, how much we can drink, how many calories to take in, never to smoke, how much time to spend in the sun, what type of petrol to use, how old we must be to engage in a variety of activities etc... and never more so than during the last twenty months or so, when one of the things you and I have agreed on is the stupidity of those who have ignored being told what to do via government/ scientific advice surrounding Covid.

I’ve no idea what Ed Daley said...never take much notice of him anyway...but I suspect Mr. Vasey has nothing to do with Brexit other than being another excuse for Tricky to have another stupid ‘snowflake’ rant.
    Jesus wept can you hear youself?
    Fast driving- Legal limits, so break them at your peril
    Drink, not illegal, only advisory and there is no prohibition
    Calories? eat what you like, not illegal but it will harm you, so advisory
    Smoking, not illegal, may kill you so your choice
    Have they banned you from any of those things? NO THEY BLOODY WELL HAVEN'T

So call this a snowflake rant if you want, because that is exactly what it is.
    Snowflakes like you, defending people who decide what I/or anyone else can/cannot do.
    That's the whole point of Chubby Brown. You've said yourself you don't care and don't like him. So would it give YOU the right to stop him performing?

You are the epitomy of exactly why I rant.
    QED

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

I remember being mighty pissed off when at university myself when Birmingham City Council banned The Tubes from performing and my tickets had to go back (replaced by seeing Captain Beefheart as it happens). It was extremely annoying and I've always objected to such nanny state censorship ever since.
    Probably the same tour when I saw the Tubes briefly at De Montford Hall and Fee Waybill fell off stage onto some fellahs from Uttoxeter thus breaking his leg. A great band, all 50 of them (or so it seemed, never seen so many people on the stage)

1977 White Punks on Dope tour

I agree with GP that the examples you give aren't compaable, but my spin is that all the things you've listed have a demonstrable and unarguable (apart from by nutters) beneficial impact on health, the presence of Roy Chubby Brown in a private setting with optional attendance does not.

DAVEY not Daley. I thought you voted Lib Dem?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    1977 White Punks on Dope tour
    No, it was the 1978 tour. Widely reported as happening in London, Fee fell off stage in Leicester, there is (or was, I cant find it atm) even a vid of it happening as The Tubes were subject of a US documentary at the time

Page 774 of 922 FirstFirst ... 274674724764772773774775776784824874 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)