+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 779 of 922 FirstFirst ... 279679729769777778779780781789829879 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,790 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

I love this one, an actual trucker, not a Guardian reading expert on Transport, gives his two pennies worth.

THIS IS SO TRUE
    Isn’t it ironic that now truck drivers are in short supply that everyone is falling over themselves to try and make our life better,
    Why !
    Because it’s affecting the general public’s way of life,
    Well here’s some of the reasons why you the public can’t get your precious
    Mc Donald’s milk shake or your favourite bottle of beer from the Supermarket,
    For decades the majority of hauliers have suppressed the wages of drivers, expecting a 60 to 70 hour working week for a take home pay of around the £500 to £600 mark,
    For decades the well-being of most drivers have never been taking into consideration, asking for the simple things like a fridge or even a night heater in the truck would result in the company saying,
    Well if you don’t like it you know where the door is, we can soon replace you,
    Most hauliers ( not all ) still expect us to do 3 x 15 hours days on the trot with a measly 9 hours off, that’s 45 hours of work in 3 days and yes it’s legal for us to do that,
    That’s more than you the general public do all week,
    Fancy a bit if that do you ?
    I think not,
    Asking to get home for a reason would often result in them giving you an impossible task on that day,
    A lot of hauliers even to this day won’t pay for overnight parking in a truck stop or a Motorway Services because of the cost of parking that’s in the region of £20 to £40 a night that’s why we have to park in a lay-by or an industrial estate with no facilities for the driver for 9 to 11 hours so when you the general public unfortunately stumble across a driver having a piss, don’t knock him for doing a natural bodily function that you can do in the comfort of your home,
    As for delivering / collecting from customers,
    A lot of the time we are late, not our fault most of the time but we get the flack so we feel that we have to go cap in hand to try and get tipped but often met with
    YOUR LATE !
    you’ll have to wait until we can fit you in or you’ll have to get it re-booked,
    Well sorry old pal but you should be ****ing grateful that you’ve actually got your stuff here, not give us attitude because we have upset your 8 hour shift routine,
    As for actually driving a 44 tonne truck,
    Why oh why nowadays do you the car driver on a 70 mph road with good driving conditions sit there at 50 to 55 mph ���� getting tangled up with us trucks that are limited to 56 mph
    You shouldn’t be anywhere near us, we shouldn’t be catching you up like we seem to nowadays,
    We shouldn’t be put in a situation to have to overtake you, you shouldn’t be anywhere to be seen, so when you sit behind us in the overtaking lane, annoyed because I’m holding you up the chances are that I’m overtaking a **** in a car who think the A64 is a country lane to bumble along on, so swear at him not us,
    Overall this is just the tip of the iceberg of what’s wrong with this haulage industry, I could go on forever with what needs changing,
    Why do I still do it after 39 year’s ?
    Because it’s in my blood, it’s a part of my life, I still have passion for the job that’s why, but rest assured it’s going to get worse as the average age of a truck driver is 55 years old now and rising,
    I personally don’t think this is a Brexit thing, this is all down to decades of suppression of the HGV driver by the hauliers, basically treating us like ****,
    You the hauliers have put yourselves in this situation and I’m glad to see that it’s come back to bite you lot on the arse.

Of course the flood of cheap labour for decades, driving down the wages with supply and demand and pushed this over the edge.
    Add in the 40 000 HGV tests cancelled last year and boooooooooooooooooom

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Of course RA, it's all down to Brexit. Everything is Brexit
    Bloody Coronaxit

Neil Howard is feeling puzzled.
    9tSa ohnsdoreds ·
    So, after seeing the news last night about fuel shortages, I popped in to Tesco at 0530 when I should have been sleeping! I spoke to a very nice tanker driver who was rather informative and told me that the boats carrying fuel are arriving daily at Plymouth, the two depots in Plymouth are extremely well stocked and there is no shortage of drivers. His only concern was news articles misleading the public. He finished by explaining that it is only BP who have issues. Back to bed....
    That is the whole point though isn’t it? I haven’t said anything about it being down to Brexit...indeed no one on here, other than you, has even mentioned petrol shortages. It may well be the case that Brexiteers from you to Grant Schapps and the employees of your beloved ‘Foxhole’ see Brexit as the second coming, but don’t come the ‘rA blames everything on Brexit’ because I haven’t.

Beyond that...if you want a sensible debate - and I’ll put the important words in capitals to make it easier for you - there can be NO DOUBT that Brexit has CONTRIBUTED towards the CURRENT shortage of lorry drivers in the UK. Also NO ONE on this forum, OTHER THAN YOU, has intimated that there is a shortage of fuel, although there is little point, from the consumers p.o.v, in having plenty of stock if there are INSUFFICIENT drivers to deliver it. The impact is much the same isn’t it?

P.S. Coincidentally I filled up with fuel earlier today and petrol has risen here from €1.36 to €1.46 per litre overnight. No...before you get all excited again...I’m obviously not blaming Brexit, but I think that’s as high as I’ve ever known it down here about as far as you can go in Southern Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Quelle surprise. former teacher who is devoted to fighting the spirit of the 2016 Referendum makes the case against Brexit. Who’da thought?

How about you stop using DCM as a depository for your left wing material and come up with something objective that you’ve perhaps thought through yourself.
    Except for...a) I wasn’t making a case against Brexit.
    b) I’m not the one who brought Brexit up in the context of the unavailability of petrol.
    c) I never reproduce ‘left wing material’ on here.
    d) I don’t rely on others to formulate the opinions I put forward.

But apart from that!
    Stick to accounting GP...it’s what you’re good at.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 24-09-2021 at 08:50 PM.

Well well, none of the local petrol stations around me have any fuel....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Well well, none of the local petrol stations around me have any fuel....
    Wow...well don’t worry...your mate says there’s nothing to bother about...and he’s spoken to a real lorry driver and everything!
    Also Johnson’s bringing in a system of foreign visas to run up to Christmas Eve I believe...so it’s obviously got nothing whatsoever to do with the ’Brexodus’ of foreign truckers, and woe betide anyone who suggests there might be even the tiniest of links. Perish the thought...pure coincidence...nothing to do with it...obviously...sorry to have even raised the possibility...silly of me.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wow...well don’t worry...your mate says there’s nothing to bother about...and he’s spoken to a real lorry driver and everything!
    Also Johnson’s bringing in a system of foreign visas to run up to Christmas Eve I believe...so it’s obviously got nothing whatsoever to do with the ’Brexodus’ of foreign truckers, and woe betide anyone who suggests there might be even the tiniest of links. Perish the thought...pure coincidence...nothing to do with it...obviously...sorry to have even raised the possibility...silly of me.
    lmao, I wonder why there is no fuel?
    Could it be morons, rush buying/filling the car up and jerry cans?
    Perhaps you still have 500kg of toilet paper in the garage?
    I passed 3 local ones today and the traffic queues were a 100 yards long.

I know, lets all turn our heating on fUll blast and see what happens?
    Don't worry though RA, I'm sure though, that in your head, the EU will rush to everyones aid with free gas
    Hang on a minute, they don't have any do they? Well Russia will then.
    You really are hillarious in your hysterical bitterness.

Does this mean that, the morons needlessly filling at the pumps, aren't the majority of the electorate?

Don't worry though RA, I'm sure though, that in your head, the EU will rush to everyones aid with free gas
    Lol, ‘my hysterical bitterness’!

You really do need to consider who writes what.
    Yes...the problem has been compounded by panic buying...as it always seems to be, but who introduced the shortage of tanker drivers into the argument in the first place? You did.
    Who’s stupidly introduced the EU ‘rushing to everyone’s aid’? You have.

My simple point is that, Brexit has CONTRIBUTED to the shortage of delivery drivers and that shortage is the source of a number of problems from delivery of food stuffs to refuse collection and now to petrol.
    Now, what is this pro Brexit Government’s response to the problem? Bring in foreign workers. You really couldn’t make it up which I suppose explains your own obvious irritation.

BTW...absolutely no shortage of milk, fruit, vegetables or petrol over here. Funny that. Jeez...even one of the articles you have reproduced holds Brexit partly to blame for the UK HGV driver shortage. Is that ‘hysterical bitterness’ too?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-09-2021 at 08:36 AM.

So over the in the EU they are having these issues with Gas prices? (no) Petrol shortages? (No) Food and supply chain issues? (nowhere near the extent that we are) Covid infections? (most EU countries lower infection rates, the same vaccination rates and their entry requirements simpler and less bureaucratic than the Uk's).

Of course Covid is having an impact everywhere, but only the UK has a self inflicted Brexit on top of that, and as the EU has correctly stated it was the UK government that chose a particularly hard Brexit and in doing so chose third country status, creating barriers and regulations and costs and problems that have created the chaos we see today.

If your aBbrexiteer and cannot even understand, or as is more likely choose to ignore in the face of the actual evidence, what the nature and style of Brexit chosen by this incompetent ideological government then hats off to you as clearly you are just the sort of ignorant fool that the real governing rich elite are depending upon to become even richer at your expense!

Jeeze Thicky the more you post, the more I realise you aren't just thick, but pig **** thick!

Page 779 of 922 FirstFirst ... 279679729769777778779780781789829879 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)