+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 780 of 921 FirstFirst ... 280680730770778779780781782790830880 ... LastLast
Results 7,791 to 7,800 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Gas price in NL. My supplier's gas price was 80 cents a m3 last January. It wil be €1 from Jan 1st 2022.

Name:  gasprijs.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  37.7 KB
    Last edited by MadAmster; 26-09-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    So over the in the EU they are having these issues with Gas prices? (no) Petrol shortages? (No) Food and supply chain issues? (nowhere near the extent that we are) Covid infections? (most EU countries lower infection rates, the same vaccination rates and their entry requirements simpler and less bureaucratic than the Uk's).

Of course Covid is having an impact everywhere, but only the UK has a self inflicted Brexit on top of that, and as the EU has correctly stated it was the UK government that chose a particularly hard Brexit and in doing so chose third country status, creating barriers and regulations and costs and problems that have created the chaos we see today.

If your aBbrexiteer and cannot even understand, or as is more likely choose to ignore in the face of the actual evidence, what the nature and style of Brexit chosen by this incompetent ideological government then hats off to you as clearly you are just the sort of ignorant fool that the real governing rich elite are depending upon to become even richer at your expense!

Jeeze Thicky the more you post, the more I realise you aren't just thick, but pig **** thick!

Don't play the working class hero game with me closet.
    You pretend to be on the front line, but we all know you're as hypocritical as Starmer and the rest of them.
    The fact is, oinks like you, like the fact that cheap labour helps your life and screw the working class. That's a fact.

https://news.sky.com/story/supply-cr...ed-to-12418458

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Don't play the working class hero game with me closet.
    You pretend to be on the front line, but we all know you're as hypocritical as Starmer and the rest of them.
    The fact is, oinks like you, like the fact that cheap labour helps your life and screw the working class. That's a fact.

https://news.sky.com/story/supply-cr...ed-to-12418458
    I don't have to "play" working class hereo, I would wager I've done more in my lifetime to improve peoples life chances, protect their wages and working conditions than you have done in a week.

You on the other hand seem to see it a badge of honour to demonstrate exactly how thick, self centred and utterly clueless you are.

Lets just be clear shall we, one can pay any job as much salary as one wishes, but if there isn't the labour there to do it, it won't increase the labour force and moreover, paying wages over a certain level for one role will result in higher costs for the rest of the "working class" who aren't getting those wages.

All the research has shown that immigration not resulted in low wages, even in unskilled jobs the impact was less than 2%, yes some modern management has resulted in worse working conditions and poor job security - thats exactly the model which the Tories have been following for over a decade, yet working class suckers like you vote for them..mm Turkeys and Christmas comes to mind.

As I've said many times before - you clearly don't understand demographics. But it is rather ironic that the very people who like you moan about immigrants "taking jobs" and "lowering wages" are the very ones now exacerbating a fuel distribution problem by panic buying petrol!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I would wager I've done more in my lifetime to improve peoples life chances, protect their wages and working conditions than you have done in a week.
    If I’d written that I’d expect to be laughed out of town, get an editor for Gods sake
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 27-09-2021 at 09:02 AM.

I’m out of it all at the moment with my car, and hopefully still 3/4 of a tank of fuel, stashed at Heathrow for a while longer...but from what I read, supplies are going to be concentrated on the M-way filling stations and it’ll take three weeks from when the army get involved for things to get back to normal.
    If true, under those conditions can we really describe the situation as ‘panic buying’? Doubtless the less responsible elements of the press will have inflamed the situation and doubtless some people will have behaved selfishly but, with such warnings as those above, aren’t most people just trying to ensure that they can get to work etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    If I’d written that I’d expect to be laughed out of town, get an editor fir Gods sake
    It says the exact opposite of what I think he was trying to say.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news...WodA_P1eTyZelg

Paper the cracks, but fix the problem sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

from what I read

can we really describe the situation as ‘panic buying’?
    ...and that touches on the cause of all this - what 'you' ('we') have 'read', ie been fed by the media. Totally irresponsible of them to have whipped this up as they have, and incidentally I say the same about whoever leaked the original briefing paper. My friend Tony works as a tanker driver round Lincoln and he's livid about this, his observation is that even around Lincoln/Lincolnshire there are regularly four or five stations on his route that are out of diesel, petrol or occasionally both, and its usually no big deal, now he's got drivers hassling him because he's delivering agricultural diesel, not the 'proper stuff - like its him adding the dye to it! Suddenly something gets leaked, someone decides there's papers to be sold/TV or internet news space to be filled, and 'we' fall for it despite all the reassurance (and for that matter, logic).

And yes, its panic buying and its a bit pathetic. There was a (maybe) 200 car queue for Costco fuel on friday but I drove through Castle Donington and the BP garage there had pumps unoccupied

With perfect timing we sold our hybrid on friday and went back to petrol...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    ...and that touches on the cause of all this - what 'you' ('we') have 'read', ie been fed by the media. Totally irresponsible of them to have whipped this up as they have, and incidentally I say the same about whoever leaked the original briefing paper. My friend Tony works as a tanker driver round Lincoln and he's livid about this, his observation is that even around Lincoln/Lincolnshire there are regularly four or five stations on his route that are out of diesel, petrol or occasionally both, and its usually no big deal, now he's got drivers hassling him because he's delivering agricultural diesel, not the 'proper stuff - like its him adding the dye to it! Suddenly something gets leaked, someone decides there's papers to be sold/TV or internet news space to be filled, and 'we' fall for it despite all the reassurance (and for that matter, logic).

And yes, its panic buying and its a bit pathetic. There was a (maybe) 200 car queue for Costco fuel on friday but I drove through Castle Donington and the BP garage there had pumps unoccupied

With perfect timing we sold our hybrid on friday and went back to petrol...
    Of course you’re right to an extent about the media, I’m sure...but the fact that you describe a ‘200 car queue for Costco fuel’ isn’t make believe. That’s real, and so long as people see such evidence then they’re going to go in search of petrol - aka ‘panic buying’ - to enable them to continue their essential journeys/lives.

What sort of duckwit would hassle a tanker driver I’m not sure...but this is what happens in so many walks of life...working conditions for many have deteriorated and there will be a shortage. Nurses, teachers, police officers and refuse collectors will be amongst the next, if they aren’t already, and all, like truckers, are under appreciated by both Government and the public alike until suddenly they’re not there.

Out of interest, having taken that step, why ditch the hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Out of interest, having taken that step, why ditch the hybrid?
    It was a Mitsubishi Outlander and an excellent ‘around town’ vehicle with its 20 miles I reckon my petrol spend has only been around £400 in the year I’ve had it, BUT (and this matters to a music and news fiend like me) the radio was the worst I’ve had in any car ever, losing station on all wave bands all the time, and the owners club forums basically say ‘yes if you get a bad one (it’s random) it can’t be cured so live with it or change cars’…

So I did

Enjoy your break if it is such

Page 780 of 921 FirstFirst ... 280680730770778779780781782790830880 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)