+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 785 of 921 FirstFirst ... 285685735775783784785786787795835885 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,850 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry Tricky...you’ve just reminded me of Mark Twain’s advice about arguing with an idiot. Life’s too short and your responses have become so nonsensical and unfounded that there’s no point in continuing so I’ll just withdraw and ‘go quiet’.
    Best way really rA, one can't argue with an idiot and Thicky is clearly a died in the wool one, and desperate if he relies on AF or GP to back up his "facts"!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Nor will we, told you that you wouldn't believe me in the first post. You didn't. Predictible.
    Because its complete and utter *******s, and being in possession of a brain rA realises this, still if you insist its true, fair play, Brexiteers still believe the lies told to them when they voted make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Because its complete and utter *******s, and being in possession of a brain rA realises this, still if you insist its true, fair play, Brexiteers still believe the lies told to them when they voted make of that what you will.
    You're a bit late on this spat Swale, We've moved on

Blimey that farmer must have been very rich to bury some barley! Funny when I was involved we'd store barley for 10 months or so then sell it when it was in short supply, but then I probably lived in the real world rather than one based on anecdotes from acquaintances!
    You miss the point, he was paid to destroy it by CAP

Blimey that farmer must have been very rich to bury some barley! Funny when I was involved we'd store barley for 10 months or so then sell it when it was in short supply, but then I probably lived in the real world rather than one based on anecdotes from acquaintances!
    Didn't realise you or your family were farmers too Swale. My Dad used to adopt that philosophy of selling the harvest 8 to 10 months later back in the 70's too. Then he discovered the joys of futures trading an hedging. Problem was if, as often happened, global harvests were too good and the prices remained lwo and you were left with basically having to sell it into intervention - in theory a good way to stabilise prices, but often resulted in destruction of grain to avoid the longer term cost of storage. Just messy

Didn't realise you or your family were farmers too Swale. My Dad used to adopt that philosophy of selling the harvest 8 to 10 months later back in the 70's too. Then he discovered the joys of futures trading an hedging. Problem was if, as often happened, global harvests were too good and the prices remained lwo and you were left with basically having to sell it into intervention - in theory a good way to stabilise prices, but often resulted in destruction of grain to avoid the longer term cost of storage. Just messy
    Not a valid post GP, it’s ‘just an anecdote’ so fails the Swale test

Hey stick around.
    Swale is going to educate everyone on how a quantum vacuum has little effect on the expansion of the universe next.
    I think Google runs through his cerebral cortex , it's the only possible explanation of how the internet works.

My brother still is, well one watched the prices, most of the time we sold to a local mill, none left now of course, except Barley for malting and wheat for bread.

If prices remained low, the mobile feed mix truck was called and we mixed it into feed for cattle and sheep. Only rarely did we have to sell for intervention.

Well I hope to have a good read of the book behind this, from Sir Anthony Seldon.

I think we all knew that Balir was prepared to sell the country down the river for his envisaged jon as EU president(Gibraltar sacrifice as an example).
    But I didn't know Brown was setting himself up as well?

Gordon Brown 'ruined' Tony Blair dream with furious Sarkozy row: 'F*** the Brits!'
    GORDON BROWN "ruined" Tony Blair's career dream after a furious row with then-French President Nicolas Sarkozy, according to a biography.

The final episode of ‘Blair & Brown: The New Labour Revolution’ aired on BBC Two on Monday evening. The five-part series culminated with a look at the deterioration of the relationship between Tony Blair and Gordon Brown as they win a third consecutive General Election. Mr Blair had agreed he would not serve a full third term as Prime Minister, and was pressed for a departure date, before Mr Brown took the reins in Downing Street.

Mr Brown quickly found out leading the country is a totally different ball game to leading the Treasury, and his popularity plummeted over a failure to call an election.

Monday's episode details New Labour’s demise and how the public turned against Mr Brown and his Government.

Mr Brown succeeded Mr Blair as Prime Minister on June 27, 2007. During his tenure, Mr Brown had a frosty relationship with then-French President Nicolas Sarkozy, which ultimately cost Mr Blair his dream job.

In his book ‘Brown at 10’, published in 2010, he claimed an explosive row with Mr Sarkozy meant Mr Blair’s ambition to become the first President of the European Council.

Mr Sarkozy had agreed to support Mr Blair in his bid to become President, but wanted Mr Brown to agree in return that the EU Commissioner for internal markets and City affairs role should be given to a French person.

Mr Brown refused.
    Sir Anthony wrote: “When Brown met Sarkozy at the Élysée, it went very badly.
    “‘Let’s both support Blair, but what I really want is the internal market commissioner ourselves,’ Brown opened.

“Sarkozy was struck dumb. ‘I wanted that for France,’ he said.

“‘No, no, it’s got to be a Brit,’ Brown responded.

“Sarkozy decided from that point on, ‘f*** the Brits’. They want everything. They want Blair for top job. They want the internal market commissioner, and they won’t have it.”
    French support for Mr Blair dwindled, and German chancellor Angela Merkel also declined to back him.

Shortly after Mr Sarkozy and Ms Merkel had met at the Élysée Palace in October 2009, Mr Sarkozy’s most senior foreign affairs advisor, Jean-David Levitte, made it clear support for Mr Blair had disappeared.

He said: “The UK is not in the eurozone, nor in the Schengen and it has a number of opt outs. These are not advantageous in this search for a candidate.”

Don't you just love politicians ****ting on everyone for themselves?

I see that a couple of days ago Statista revealed that, according to their research, 50% of people now feel that Brexit has been a bad thing while 37% continue to believe it was the right thing to do.

Given the extent to which this Government likes to clamber onto the bandwagon of populism the next few months could be very interesting.

Page 785 of 921 FirstFirst ... 285685735775783784785786787795835885 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)