+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 786 of 922 FirstFirst ... 286686736776784785786787788796836886 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,860 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I see that a couple of days ago Statista revealed that, according to their research, 50% of people now feel that Brexit has been a bad thing while 37% continue to believe it was the right thing to do.

Given the extent to which this Government likes to clamber onto the bandwagon of populism the next few months could be very interesting.
    Yep, they asked less than 2000 people. Nice try though

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yep, they asked less than 2000 people. Nice try though
    Fair point. I didn’t know that and I don’t know what a typical poll sample actually is.

Having said that... ‘YouGov’s’ most recent poll suggested that 53% believed Brexit was going badly (21% ‘fairly badly’ and 32% ‘very badly’) while a mere 18% remained positive about it (14% ‘quite positive’ and 4% ‘very positive’).

Again I don’t know what the sample size was and I’m not sure whether you’re one of the 14% or the 4%...still you’ll be unsurprised to know that I’m one of the 32%. Funny how things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Fair point. I didn’t know that and I don’t know what a typical poll sample actually is.

Having said that... ‘YouGov’s’ most recent poll suggested that 53% believed Brexit was going badly (21% ‘fairly badly’ and 32% ‘very badly’) while a mere 18% remained positive about it (14% ‘quite positive’ and 4% ‘very positive’).

Again I don’t know what the sample size was and I’m not sure whether you’re one of the 14% or the 4%...still you’ll be unsurprised to know that I’m one of the 32%. Funny how things can change.
    It's going exactly how I expected it.
    Ups and downs. Not piss poor like some want to portray. You have 50 years of EU intertwining to undo and it isn't going to happen over night.
    Then you have to factor in COVID and the EU behaving like children with demands/bullying/lies.
    Remainers keep putting the comparisons before these factors and ignoring how they have effected the continent as well.
    Is everything rosey in the EU as well? NO it isn't.
    Has the country gone the way of the Dodo as predicted by many? No it hasn't.

Johnson is on dodgy grounds at the moment for many reasons. The failure to deal with the EU and the French in particular. Add that in to the ECHR fuelling a rubber boat invasion and he's looking at a sacrificail altar.

Ask most Brexiteers if they want to rejoin, and you'll struggle to find one that will.
    But you won't find that in some poxy poll of a few thousand selected few.
    YOUGOV?
    Have you tried it?
    I can honestly say it is full of Guardian reading luvvies. You only have to read the comments sections. It's actually quite funny.

Tend to agree Tricky, its going about as I had expected - more downs than ups but we're playing this game for 90 minutes, and being a goal down after 5 minutes doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Things will flatten out over time I'm sure - what the landscape will look like in 10 years time is what we really need to be concerned about. We may well flatten down into a worse financial position, but personally I've always expected that. Its the price to pay to get out of the USE and the horrors of tax and currency harmonisation, totally integrated foreign and defence policies.

The bitchfighting currently going on across the channel over fishing and refugees is entirely predictible - after all noone wants the refugees and brexit has simply give the French carte Blanche to encourage them over the water. But hopefully that will resolve itself sensibly even though we no longer share the same Junkerian leadership.

Its such a shame that the EU trade integration and economic cooperation plans dreamed of 60 odd years ago got driven so far off course by those with a vision of grosseres Europa, Or is is lebensraum?

Then you get Cummings saying BoJo didn't understand until the deed had been done what "leaving the Customs Union" actually meant. He was gobsmacked was BJ. Ashen faced. Doesn't do detail our Boris, does he? Proper J Arthur.

It's going exactly how I expected it.
    Ups and downs. Not piss poor like some want to portray. You have 50 years of EU intertwining to undo and it isn't going to happen over night.
    Then you have to factor in COVID and the EU behaving like children with demands/bullying/lies.
    Remainers keep putting the comparisons before these factors and ignoring how they have effected the continent as well.
    Is everything rosey in the EU as well? NO it isn't.
    Has the country gone the way of the Dodo as predicted by many? No it hasn't.

Johnson is on dodgy grounds at the moment for many reasons. The failure to deal with the EU and the French in particular. Add that in to the ECHR fuelling a rubber boat invasion and he's looking at a sacrificail altar.

Ask most Brexiteers if they want to rejoin, and you'll struggle to find one that will.
    But you won't find that in some poxy poll of a few thousand selected few.
    YOUGOV?
    Have you tried it?
    I can honestly say it is full of Guardian reading luvvies. You only have to read the comments sections. It's actually quite funny.
    ‘Ups and downs’. Well you’re certainly half right.

Of course you have to ‘factor in Covid’. It could be suggested it’s been very useful in terms of disguising the many failings of Brexit.

‘Is everything rosy in the EU as well?’ Of course it isn’t. Who has said otherwise and what has that got to do with it?

‘Ask most Brexiteers if they want to rejoin, and you’ll struggle to find one that will.’ That was really the point of my initial two posts. There used to be a majority of active voters in favour of Brexit...albeit a tiny one. That, according to the two polls, appears to have reversed...so something’s going on.

As far as you’re concerned one poll is insufficiently small and the other is, again according to you, made up of ‘Guardian reading luvvies’. I wouldn’t pretend to know all that, but you do seem to be being a little selective when the findings are maybe not as you would like them to be.

YOUGOV?
    Have you tried it?
    Yougov is interesting because its first question tends to lead you down a path of folk who's beliefs are the same as your own.

I often run through yougov polls twice, once with an honest answer to the first question, once with the opposite answer. The subsequent answers for each choice are vastly different, and yes, mainly along conservative/tattooed neck vs liberal/white socks and sandals lines. As such I don't especially see the value in it, its just circle-jerking for folk who don't/can't use facebook

What about the Gammons! Surely they have to be stereotyped into here somewhere. Probably do have tattooed nexks and white socks........?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Yougov is interesting because its first question tends to lead you down a path of folk who's beliefs are the same as your own.

I often run through yougov polls twice, once with an honest answer to the first question, once with the opposite answer. The subsequent answers for each choice are vastly different, and yes, mainly along conservative/tattooed neck vs liberal/white socks and sandals lines. As such I don't especially see the value in it, its just circle-jerking for folk who don't/can't use facebook
    Andy, may I suggest you read the comments in the daily topics areas. Then perhaps you'll see what I mean.
    My point is more about, yes the left/Liberal intellectuals love sites like this.
    So it gets swamped with the bias of their opinion. Remain/hate the Tories/refugees welcome here/ Gay rights trump everything/ multicultualism is wonderful etc.
    That's fine except it gets posted in papers, as YOUGOV makes "startling" prediction lol

A prime example for me, was the Scots survey on there showing Independence was as high as 69% for leave.
    Well it would be if enough SNP junkies, take the time to take part.

RA- ‘Is everything rosy in the EU as well?’ Of course it isn’t. Who has said otherwise and what has that got to do with it?

It's got everything to do with it. Germany for example is predicted to perform woefully and is underperforming against Meditteranean countries at the moment. Will it continue? I certainly doubt that.
    So had we remained, how would you be blaming UK struggles?

( duh, I forgot the Tories)
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 18-11-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    What about the Gammons! Surely they have to be stereotyped into here somewhere. Probably do have tattooed nexks and white socks........?
    I’ll leave that to our resident racist

Page 786 of 922 FirstFirst ... 286686736776784785786787788796836886 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)