+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 798 of 922 FirstFirst ... 298698748788796797798799800808848898 ... LastLast
Results 7,971 to 7,980 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I recall that spat, it began when you relied on a subsequently discredited report which quoted an unsubstantiated amount for the shortage of lorry drivers and which you embellished by describing erroneously that already incorrect number as being ‘entirely’ due to Brexit. My ‘mistake’ on that occasion was giving into pressure from you to apologise for a perceived sleight, and it taught me that I find it easier to say sorry than you do to accept that apology in good faith. All water under the bridge after so long though
    Nice try...complete and utter tripe though, but as I say...a ‘storm in a teacup’ that gets us nowhere.
    You were mistaken then...and you are wholly wrong in your Swale spat...so, as David Davis recently nearly said...for God’s sake admit it man!

To be honest rA I have no interest in what weasel words faber has to say, he plays a not so clever version of the Johnson playbook, make a statement that is clearly wrong, then try and bamboozle and confuse people in the hope they will forget what the issue was.

The fact is on these two occasions as on others he is wrong and he knows it. However lets move on, plenty more Brexit news to keep this thread going for another 4 years or so I suspect. None of it will be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    To be honest rA I have no interest in what weasel words faber has to say
    yes we few here have noticed that you have no interest, demonstrated by the many occasions you have demanded responses from me recently, I'm not going to list the posts in which you did so, but there are about 20 in the past few weeks. Similarly your claim to have put Tricky on Ignore. Which suggests your word can't be trusted. Which sort of puts you in the same quartile as Boris. Not a good look!

With Boris's "team" starting to walk, how long can he last?

yes we few here have noticed that you have no interest, demonstrated by the many occasions you have demanded responses from me recently, I'm not going to list the posts in which you did so, but there are about 20 in the past few weeks. Similarly your claim to have put Tricky on Ignore. Which suggests your word can't be trusted. Which sort of puts you in the same quartile as Boris. Not a good look!
    Ah well you see, Thicky is on ignore and has been for months - occasionally I open up a post just to read what juvenile drivel he has posted and sometimes his posts are quoted by another poster and are visible. I have actually responded much less to his inane ramblings in fact I'd say I read less than 25% of his posts but sometimes when I do see a post of his, what he posts is so obviously stupid, I can't resist a response, but given I realise he is incapable of rational reasoned debate I should resist.

So you can apologise for incorrectly calling me a liar. I won't hold my breath expecting some integrity!

What that your post does reveal (though it's not a surprise to me) is that your rather fond of making an assumption without thinking things through and as a result make yourself look stupid.

That I would suggest is not a good look either, but then your probably past the point where you have any credibility. Its a sad fact that the ignorant person does not know how ignorant they are, precisely because they are ignorant. Sums you up perfectly I'd say.

Toodle pip Straw man.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    With Boris's "team" starting to walk, how long can he last?
    the thing is MA, political parties and the members of parliament who constitute them are elected by the general public not the media or other politicians, and Boris' popularity (although well in negative territory at present) is very 'elastic' with the plebs - time and a few well received speeches might well pull back any deficit. The 'team' members as individuals are largely irrelevant (I've already forgotten their names) but the power brokers will be assessing if the Tories not so secret weapon will fire on his own trenches come election time

the thing is MA, political parties and the members of parliament who constitute them are elected by the general public not the media or other politicians, and Boris' popularity (although well in negative territory at present) is very 'elastic' with the plebs - time and a few well received speeches might well pull back any deficit. The 'team' members as individuals are largely irrelevant (I've already forgotten their names) but the power brokers will be assessing if the Tories not so secret weapon will fire on his own trenches come election time
    Where I come from that explanation falls into the realm of trying to teach your granny to suck eggs. His staff are walking, 5 at the last count including one woman who'd been his guide for 14 years. Tory MPs are slowly but surely withdrawing their support for him both verbally in public and in letters to the 1922 committee. Do I really have to type an essay covering all 587 bases or should I be able to rely on the intelligence most on here have?

Where I come from that explanation falls into the realm of trying to teach your granny to suck eggs. His staff are walking, 5 at the last count including one woman who'd been his guide for 14 years. Tory MPs are slowly but surely withdrawing their support for him both verbally in public and in letters to the 1922 committee. Do I really have to type an essay covering all 587 bases or should I be able to rely on the intelligence most on here have?
    For some you would be unwise to rely upon intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    For some you would be unwise to rely upon intelligence!
    I did say most not all, Swale.

"press" reports today that as many as 45 letters of no confidence in BoJo have now been sent to the 1922 Committee. Just 9 more required to trigger a vote.

I did say most not all, Swale.

"press" reports today that as many as 45 letters of no confidence in BoJo have now been sent to the 1922 Committee. Just 9 more required to trigger a vote.
    I think the danger may be, MA...that if he survives such a vote there can’t be another one for twelve months. Think that’s the rule and who knows with these lickspittle MP’s looking after their own interests?

Page 798 of 922 FirstFirst ... 298698748788796797798799800808848898 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)