+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 818 of 922 FirstFirst ... 318718768808816817818819820828868918 ... LastLast
Results 8,171 to 8,180 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Numerous quotes from senior Tories in the run up to the Brexit vote saying it's preposterous that a country can't leave an alliance without permission from the other members..... If that was the case for the UK/EU, surely, the same should be true for Scotland/UK?

The UN has resolutions to which Westminster is party on the matter so their main recourse will be breaking International Law again.

Scotland would keep ALL of the taxes generated and that includes a lot that is currently designated English tax because it goes through English ports, nor Scottish ones.
    Scotland is not a sovereign country it is a ‘constituent country’ of s sovereign country so the rules which applied to U.K. don’t apply to Scotland

Not sure about the UN stuff but the taxation is way more complex than that and ignores things like the Barnett Formula
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 21-06-2022 at 07:13 PM.

More good news as a result of Brexit!

The UK will be stuck with searing inflation for years because of Brexit, according to strategists at Wall Street’s top banks.

Citigroup Inc., Bank of America Corp. and Standard Bank all see the UK as a outlier in the developed world because of the economic damage wrought by the decision to cut ties with the European Union. Even as price pressures start to fade elsewhere, they say UK inflation will be higher-than-normal because of immigration controls and supply chain disruption. A report Wednesday showed price pressures hitting a fresh four-decade high.

Inflation is a big reason why investors are bearish on the pound, even with the currency trading near a two-year low to the dollar. The view among experts is that Brexit isn’t the cause of the cost-of-living crisis, but it will make solving the problem harder in the UK than anywhere else.

By the way Brexiteers, don't be shy I'd love to see your actual tangible Brexit benefits on here! I mean we do need balance after all, wouldn't want you to think you'd voted for a **** show even though you did!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    More good news as a result of Brexit!

The UK will be stuck with searing inflation for years because of Brexit, according to strategists at Wall Street’s top banks.

Citigroup Inc., Bank of America Corp. and Standard Bank all see the UK as a outlier in the developed world because of the economic damage wrought by the decision to cut ties with the European Union. Even as price pressures start to fade elsewhere, they say UK inflation will be higher-than-normal because of immigration controls and supply chain disruption. A report Wednesday showed price pressures hitting a fresh four-decade high.

Inflation is a big reason why investors are bearish on the pound, even with the currency trading near a two-year low to the dollar. The view among experts is that Brexit isn’t the cause of the cost-of-living crisis, but it will make solving the problem harder in the UK than anywhere else.

By the way Brexiteers, don't be shy I'd love to see your actual tangible Brexit benefits on here! I mean we do need balance after all, wouldn't want you to think you'd voted for a **** show even though you did!
    Lol...there’s only one left, Swale...and you’ve got him on ignore.

He won’t fight his cause without support from AF and GP anyway, and they’re just fence sitters...voted against it but won’t condemn it, preferring the insane Rees-Mogg philosophy of ‘give it half a century’ by which time my eldest, 12 years old, grandchild will be approaching retirement...if he’s lucky!

I reckon he will still be 10 years shy of retirement in 2072 rA - or possibly simply not working and have been replaced by automatons.

I cannot envisage any job that will still require a human to do it by then.
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 23-06-2022 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I reckon he will still be 10 years shy of retirement in 2072 rA - or possibly simply not working and have been replaced by automatons.

I cannot envisage any job that will still require a human to do it by then.
    Two dystopian thoughts in one post. Either having to work into your seventies or a world full of automated accountants and teachers.

Automated teachers teaching other future automated teachers.......... lets face it there wouldnt be any need to teach anybody anything if all roles were fulfilled by automotons. Parents could do the basics like behaviour, morals and automoton maintenance callout routines

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Parents could do the basics like behaviour, morals and automoton maintenance callout routines
    Wow...and to think you’ve called me naive. God help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...there’s only one left, Swale...and you’ve got him on ignore.

He won’t fight his cause without support from AF and GP anyway, and they’re just fence sitters...voted against it but won’t condemn it, preferring the insane Rees-Mogg philosopIhy of ‘give it half a century’ by which time my eldest, 12 years old, grandchild will be approaching retirement...if he’s lucky!
    No fence sitter me rA, I vorted remain as you know, and accept the result because I believe in democracy, and those who try to overturn it need to look East for their role models

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Only a blind man on a galloping horse would fail to see the deterioration in our relationship with our nearest neighbours and surely you wouldn’t have been called upon to help French and Belgian musicians visiting this country and DJ’s visiting Spain at all had it not been for the post Brexit complications. I’m sure you’ll correct me if I’m wrong, but I doubt your ‘cross-border issues’ existed prior to Brexit so whether it was mentioned or not is somewhat immaterial.
    The issues related to Brexit, but also the dreaded H&S, a diversity questionnaire which you will be surprised to know I dealt with in a respectful manner, public liability insurance and a number of other bits and bobs. The point I was trying to make, and you sort of made it in post 8169 so youre reallycontradicting yourself, is that Brexit hasalready been factored into most people's lives, its just 'something else to deal with', and from my perspective, there's been no change in inter-nation relations at a person to person level. You in 8169 and me believe relations are good, TTR believes they (with the French) are bad, but we seem to agree they remain stable

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The issues related to Brexit, but also the dreaded H&S, a diversity questionnaire which you will be surprised to know I dealt with in a respectful manner, public liability insurance and a number of other bits and bobs. The point I was trying to make, and you sort of made it in post 8169 so youre reallycontradicting yourself, is that Brexit hasalready been factored into most people's lives, its just 'something else to deal with', and from my perspective, there's been no change in inter-nation relations at a person to person level. You in 8169 and me believe relations are good, TTR believes they (with the French) are bad, but we seem to agree they remain stable
    ‘You in 8169 and me believe relations are good’. My reference was to the ‘nineties and the noughties’, AF...that has nothing to do with post Brexit sentiments.

Page 818 of 922 FirstFirst ... 318718768808816817818819820828868918 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)