+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 829 of 922 FirstFirst ... 329729779819827828829830831839879 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,290 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

It's the question in my mind. If you don't have the courage in your own convictions to try to make a difference, then your opinion is only so much hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    And there’s the rub. Respecting a democratic decision is only as GOOD as the decision itself and respecting a democratic decision even if you don’t agree with it is not necessarily a good thing at all.
    I suspect, and I don’t mean this as an insult but just as a comment on your mindset, this is why Swale sometimes suggests you’d have been a ‘good German’ in the thirties.
    Don't you start on those cheap comparisons - to quote yourself, 'you're better than that'
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 17-08-2022 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It's the question in my mind. If you don't have the courage in your own convictions to try to make a difference, then your opinion is only so much hot air.
    That’s not true is it? When did becoming a ‘freedom fighter’ become the only way to ‘make a difference’?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Don't you start on those cheap comparisons - to quote yourself, 'you're better than that'
    I really don’t understand that post. It’s not enough, let alone a ‘GOOD’ thing, to just accept something because that’s what the majority think.

When I become passionate about something I will fight for it. You stick to social media to show your defiance if you want.....

This is maybe why it's easier for you to express outrage? Talk is cheap, as cheap as doing nothing and accepting the situation.

I went on enough student marches in my day to appreciate their futility.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I really don’t understand that post. It’s not enough, let alone a ‘GOOD’ thing, to just accept something because that’s what the majority think.
    As I said last week, reference to Hitler / Naziism is one of the go to refuges of those who struggle to make their points by legitimate means. I’m surprised you condone it

When I become passionate about something I will fight for it. You stick to social media to show your defiance if you want.....

This is maybe why it's easier for you to express outrage? Talk is cheap, as cheap as doing nothing and accepting the situation.

Never heard of ‘the pen is mightier than the sword’ then?
    Let’s not get into ‘when I become passionate about something I will fight for it’ and ‘you stick to social media...if you want’ please.
    I mean what are you going to do? Come to that...what do you expect me to do about Brexit other than argue the case?
    Talk isn’t cheap at all...who are you all of a sudden...the Clint Eastwood of the forum.

I too went on plenty of student marches. Some were in support of Anti-Apartheid and freeing Nelson Mandela...wouldn’t call those ‘futile’.

Ah so all protest is futile? Mm tell that to the shipyard workers of Gdansk or the the East German students!

I suspect many an old fart thought the same about the suffragette movement, oh and didn't Nelson Mandela actually get free and become president?

Extinction rebellion and indeed Insulate Britain have if nothing else, ensured the issues have penetrated the minds of many who weren't are before!

Talk is indeed cheap, and I for one know that whats said on this Forum is generally pointless, whats posted by me is for my amusement - mostly how easy it is to get under AF's skin and to watch his amazing contortions as he tres (and fails) to avoid showing his true colours!!

If you believe your student marches made a difference the please continue to think so. I'm confident mine didn't.

And no I'm not a Rambo as nothing has enflamed me sufficient to go down that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    As I said last week, reference to Hitler / Naziism is one of the go to refuges of those who struggle to make their points by legitimate means. I’m surprised you condone it
    Oh behave. You’re obsessed. The ‘good German’ reference is concerned with those Germans who helped legitimise what was going on back in the thirties and forties by saying and doing nothing. There is a parallel there with you when you make out that those who challenge the authority of the Referendum result are somehow challenging democracy and even being ‘subversive’.
    The truth is you’ve spent six years criticising those who challenge the wisdom of Brexit while at the same time hiding from the need to offer personal approval or condemnation behind the smokescreen of defending democracy.

Page 829 of 922 FirstFirst ... 329729779819827828829830831839879 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)