+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 836 of 922 FirstFirst ... 336736786826834835836837838846886 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,360 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    You're far too kind to them rA. They are surging further wrong towards the extreme right of the political spectrum, cheered on by the richest 1% of the populace whose bidding they are doing. Grant Shapps involving himself in an industrial dispute between rail workers and the operating companies. PRIVATE companies. He is telling them what they can and can't do. It's not his place to do that. He's overstepping the mark. The whole lot of them making sure their friends, families, donors, sponsors and local pub landlord got their hands on contracts worth tens of millions or, in the case of track and trace around £40Bn and in the majority of cases those winning the contracts had no experience whatsoever in PPE (never arrived or didn't meet the required standards) or T&T (which proved completely unsuccessful and had people doing no more than phoning people to ask T&T questions earning a couple of grand a day) or, in the case of the App cocked up by Cummings' girl friend's company, never worked at all yet the irish built one that did work and it cost €850K, They offered it to HMG and they refused it..... nowt in it for their friends? All of this, if not corrupt, is very close IMO.

Then there's the wish to ditch human rights because it's stopping them reaching their objectives. If that is true then they need to come up with a new set of objectives that don't breach Human Rights.

Shapps et al are out to weaken the Trades Unions even more, it seems, to add more power to employer's elbows.

The right to protest has already taken a good kicking.

I may well be up to reason nr 3000 why I will not be returning to the UK to live.

Rail workers out. Barristers out. Lowestoft docks out. General strike on the way?

Could it be that they have finally seem the light and only now understand that 12 years of Toraidh Austerity and damned awful mismanagement have all but ruined the country and that Scots indy looks ever likely which, IMO, will right royally screw the rest of the UK financially, can't be stopped and they do NOT wish to be the party in power when it happens. Don't be surprised if there's a snap election called within the next 9 months, one that the Toraidh genuinely hope to lose.
    AS for those ****ing barristers, bleeding heart lefty liberals all of them!!

I reckon MA that Truss and Rees- Mogg doubling down on the "idle UK worker" may well do the trick when it comes to the next election, but then with voters as dumb as some brits, they may even agree with that, not realising of course that its them Truss and Rees-Mogg are talking about - as like the human rights issue people a very keen on anything that seems to affect other people, but not so keen when it applies to them later on down the line! I go back to the Nazi's and the "good german" situation here, oh yes scrapping human rights for immigrants" is fine. oh you mean your scrapping mine too? Hang on a minute!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You’re probably right about not having mentioned them but please don’t keep trying to catch me out/prove me wrong, it gets tiresome. And remember that my original comment wasn’t party political, merely that the worker bees are doing their big to keep the wheels of government turning
    Only because you are very often wrong.. that must be very tiresome to be made to look foolish on so many occasions, but then as I keep telling you, best keep quiet and nobody would have noticed, but that genie is out of the bottle now.

an interesting observation about government being out to weaken the trade unions. IMO they are already on their knees with the growth of home working, the gig economy and the death of industry in Britain. The unions that are left (if I may be excused the expression, them all being left ) with any power are curiously a diverse group who are not your traditional union fodder from the early days of the movement - teachers (who allege themselves professionals) train drivers (who earn way in excess of the national average income already) and the civil service pen pushers aka UNISON. UNITE is a curious amalgam of sectors where a lot of self employment goes on too (construction, transport).

What we call unions today are a far cry from the unions in the early part of the 20th century or even the 1970's, fighting for employment rights, workplace conditions etc. Very much focussed on maximising members earnings rather than the working conditions IMHO and are possibly going for one last hurrah at holding the country to ransom for cash.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Only because you are very often wrong.. that must be very tiresome to be made to look foolish on so many occasions, but then as I keep telling you, best keep quiet and nobody would have noticed, but that genie is out of the bottle now.
    As regards the recent state of British beaches...whatever you do don’t mention the ‘TurdReich’ to AF.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well done, a whole first sentence without swearing, name calling or other accusation of some sort

I was nosing through old messages earlier and came across (its hard to avoid) a conversation from earlier this year in which a poster of some 15 years standing and many thousands of posts dared to make a non-football comment to which your reply was so full of insults he left the board shortly after.

With more accessible social media like facebook its difficult to keep a php board like this going, and you've done more than anyone (in fact more than everyone else combined IMO) to kill this one. Do you not realise that you've created an echo chamber where MA, ramAnag and yourself can now vent to your heart's content with only the occasional poster daring to pop their heads over the parapet to offer a contrary view.

So well done Swale you've killed the board

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

What we call unions today are a far cry from the unions in the early part of the 20th century or even the 1970's, fighting for employment rights, workplace conditions etc. Very much focussed on maximising members earnings rather than the working conditions IMHO and are possibly going for one last hurrah at holding the country to ransom for cash.
    Please explain how those currently facing a very significant cut in their living standards are ‘holding the country to ransom’ by asking for an appropriate wage increase.

Perhaps your opinion would have been more suited to the nine****th century however if you want examples of ‘holding the country to ransom’ I’d suggest some of the privatised companies might be considered more culpable...but you blame the teachers (who aren’t striking...yet) and the barristers, the rail workers and the Felixstowe dockers if it makes you feel better.

Unions today are a far cry from the early 20th Century and the 1970’s but certain attitudes amongst the financial ‘elite’ will rapidly see a return to increased unionisation imo. The cat is out of the proverbial bag GP...people will not continue to work for low wages with poor levels of job security while being simultaneously ever more aware of how much the fat cats are creaming off the top. The times they are a changing and not before time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Well done, a whole first sentence without swearing, name calling or other accusation of some sort

I was nosing through old messages earlier and came across (its hard to avoid) a conversation from earlier this year in which a poster of some 15 years standing and many thousands of posts dared to make a non-football comment to which your reply was so full of insults he left the board shortly after.

With more accessible social media like facebook its difficult to keep a php board like this going, and you've done more than anyone (in fact more than everyone else combined IMO) to kill this one. Do you not realise that you've created an echo chamber where MA, ramAnag and yourself can now vent to your heart's content with only the occasional poster daring to pop their heads over the parapet to offer a contrary view.

So well done Swale you've killed the board
    God you really do write some rubbish. You’ve come off second best so it’s throw a tantrum time. How on earth are the failings of this board the fault of Swale, MA and myself and who doesn’t ‘dare’ put a contrary point of view. It’s a forum...what’s going to happen?

It’s only about four weeks since you were boasting about new members and I can’t see the likes of Ramshank or Sithappens being put off in the way you suggest.

Speaking personally I reckon Swale takes more sh1t off you GP and TTR than anyone else on here and I’m probably next in line.

If you really believe what you’ve written Andy I think it’s time you handed over to MA.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Please explain how those currently facing a very significant cut in their living standards are ‘holding the country to ransom’ by asking for an appropriate wage increase.

Perhaps your opinion would have been more suited to the nine****th century however if you want examples of ‘holding the country to ransom’ I’d suggest some of the privatised companies might be considered more culpable...but you blame the teachers (who aren’t striking...yet) and the barristers, the rail workers and the Felixstowe dockers if it makes you feel better.

Unions today are a far cry from the early 20th Century and the 1970’s but certain attitudes amongst the financial ‘elite’ will rapidly see a return to increased unionisation imo. The cat is out of the proverbial bag GP...people will not continue to work for low wages with poor levels of job security while being simultaneously ever more aware of how much the fat cats are creaming off the top. The times they are a changing and not before time.
    I beg to differ. As for the ransom, everyone is suffering from inflation and energy prices, especially us pensioners on fixed income. However only a few groups have the power to try to force their salaries upwards, and they are unionised or "fat cats". The silent majority - the self employed, those non unionised groups etc are stuck in the middle and ****ed: that's thee and me mate. When the glorious day of retribution comes, the fat cats and the powerful union leaders will be up against the wall...........especially the barristers. Ive put them on DCFCA's list

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    it’s time you handed over to MA.
    Not gonna happen rA. Not long ago you were loudest of the baying mob looking to 'cancel' DCFCA. I went my own way on that and he's returned a calmer fellah. That's one poster saved

And yet again you misread a post, You've done that with almost every post I've written in the past few days. Where do I blame you or MA? Nowhere. I think you need to check out who posts are addressed to, your name is ramAnag not Swaledale
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 22-08-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ive put them on DCFCA's list
    Don't rile him please

Page 836 of 922 FirstFirst ... 336736786826834835836837838846886 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)