+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 857 of 922 FirstFirst ... 357757807847855856857858859867907 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,570 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Brexit is going brilliantly, isn't it? Everyone's favourite vampire Jacob Rees-Mogg has confirmed it's going "swimmingly", Tim Martin has announced he's closing 40 Wetherspoons pubs, and Rishi Sunak insists we are already seeing "significant benefits" which just happen to look exactly like Project Fear said they would.

For example, "cheaper food prices after Brexit" quickly became a 16.7% increase and "unleash Britain's potential" quickly became £100 billion a year lost from the economy! Brexit is going so well, the UK is expected to be the only major economy to shrink in 2023 according to the IMF

UK pension up 10% in April, Dutch State Pension up 10% this month, Company pension up 11% this month. First increase in the company pension in 15 years, even longer than I've been drawing it. Necessary increases as far as I'm concerned. Wage increases last year were around 2.5% over here. Likely to be more over the next 12 months. Regional buses and trains on strike today. Monday to Friday next week as well. Starting to feel like the Dutch are moving towards the French modus operandus when it comes to issues. Last weekend, XR and other groups blocked the A12, a motorway that runs through the Hague in a sit down protest at the lack of progress on climate change solutions. 768 arrests were made. All now released but the cases will be in court over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Tim Martin has announced he's closing 40 Wetherspoons pubs...
    Every cloud...

C'mon own up, which one of you is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpeo6lkvA3Y

Tony Connelly
    @tconnellyRTE
    ·
    Feb 6
    NEW: The EU will accept the principle that GB goods shipped to NI and staying there should be treated differently to goods moving south into the single market and as such will agree to a green and red lane model at ports, as proposed by the UK, a senior EU official tells
    @rtenews

Errrrm, wasn't this porposed in 2017 and the EU said it couldn't work?
    Maybe I'm just being suspicious of political dummy spitting?

IN a word no! Please Thicky don't try to understand the intricate details of treaty negotiations, there are many nuances and details that you clearly don't understand. Like this offer was always there subject to the UK having the ability through technology to track goods. The UK failed to install such technology despite saying it would. Plus of course, the UK Government threatened to pass legislation overriding the NI protocol, which led to the Eu refusing to negotiate nder duress. Now the UK appears to be actually trying to reach agreement, rather than bluster and threaten and throw insults, which is never a good way to get the other party to agree a proposal!!

You really do need to ignore the anti EU propaganda put out by the UK government in an attempt to hide its short comings!! Mind you the Tories have been blaming the EU for things which were never the EU's fault for years, so no change there.

NOTE - For the avoidance of doubt, your still on ignore, but I do so value your well researched and carefully considered comments on Brexit that I just have to choose the "view post" option on the Brexit thread. I should no better, because it never ever worth doing that but there you are.
    Last edited by swaledale; 07-02-2023 at 09:46 PM.

IN a word no! Please Thicky don't try to understand the intricate details of treaty negotiations, there are many nuances and details that you clearly don't understand. Like this offer was always there subject to the UK having the ability through technology to track goods. The UK failed to install such technology despite saying it would. Plus of course, the UK Government threatened to pass legislation overriding the NI protocol, which led to the Eu refusing to negotiate nder duress. Now the UK appears to be actually trying to reach agreement, rather than bluster and threaten and throw insults, which is never a good way to get the other party to agree a proposal!!

You really do need to ignore the anti EU propaganda put out by the UK government in an attempt to hide its short comings!! Mind you the Tories have been blaming the EU for things which were never the EU's fault for years, so no change there.

NOTE - For the avoidance of doubt, your still on ignore, but I do so value your well researched and carefully considered comments on Brexit that I just have to choose the "view post" option on the Brexit thread. I should no better, because it never ever worth doing that but there you are.
    So I'm not on ignore then?

Priceless.

NB, It's "know" BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So I'm not on ignore then?

Priceless.

NB, It's "know" BTW
    And with this response you make yourself look even dimmer than your usual posts!! Whats priceless is that despite being on this Forum for years spouting gibberish, and despite me explaining in terms even a simpleton would understand, you don't seem to grasp how "ignore" works!! It enables me to pick and choose when I wish to view your posts and the utter nonsense contained therein!

Many thanks for spotting the typo, wonderous so you have an inkling as to how to spell so its just your powers of comprehension that are lacking then?
    Toodle pip old chap,

Anyway, clearly not worth doing that and hoepfully no poster will quote your utter ****e in one of their posts, so toodle pip old boy.

And with this response you make yourself look even dimmer than your usual posts!! Whats priceless is that despite being on this Forum for years spouting gibberish, and despite me explaining in terms even a simpleton would understand, you don't seem to grasp how "ignore" works!! It enables me to pick and choose when I wish to view your posts and the utter nonsense contained therein!

Many thanks for spotting the typo, wonderous so you have an inkling as to how to spell so its just your powers of comprehension that are lacking then?
    Toodle pip old chap,

Anyway, clearly not worth doing that and hoepfully no poster will quote your utter ****e in one of their posts, so toodle pip old boy.
    Keep digging it makes you look more stupid. I really think you need to go away and contemplate the word "ignore"

comedy gold

Sorry Swale but you must have a different version of "ignore" to me - are you using laptop or mobile version? If I put someone on ignore on phone browser, none of their posts appear to "pick and choose which I read" from.

I would need to deliberately take the person off ignore to read their post unless I were to see a post requoted by someone else, in which case I would only see those quoted posts to choose from.

So in practice you may as well not have TTR on ignore as you won't see all his posts to pick or choose between - or by ignore do you just mean ignoring him when you want to, as opposed to using the ignore button.

Or maybe it's an iPhone Vs android difference?

Page 857 of 922 FirstFirst ... 357757807847855856857858859867907 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)