+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 800 of 922 FirstFirst ... 300700750790798799800801802810850900 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,000 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm not in the mood to trade insults Swale but your partisan point of view is blinding you to the facts and your statement is yet again incorrect, and my only concern is that those who believe the biased exaggerated cobblers you spout will at last open their eyes. My only interest is in exposing the truth or lack of it in your statements, so as I've already said - evidence please!
    Perhaps your interest should extend beyond ‘exposing the truth...’ of Swale’s statements.
    After all, if it’s ‘biased exaggerated cobblers’ you’re worried about, there were far more influential people than Swale uttering them five or six years ago with infinitely greater consequences.
    Just a thought.

Just another thought then. I've had a look at SCM which still seems to remain a UK based company.

My guess is that, in keeping with every FCA regulated business in the UK that traded with the EU, it set up a subsidiary in Dublin to deal with the loss of passporting rights following Brexit.

Every regulated financial services business had to do this post Brexit as the "ground moved". Most common places to set up the company permitted to trade in the EU include Ireland, Luxembourg, Cyprus and Holland which have "friendly regulators".

The creation of such subsidiaries allowed the continuation of trading in the EU post Brexit and were/are a simple rejigging of corporate structures to accomodate regulatory requirements and the loss of passporting. A simple corporate structural change to accomodate the changing regulatory climate, and one done by everyone in the financial services sector.

Or maybe a sinister move in the eyes of the conspiracy theorists....who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Just another thought then. I've had a look at SCM which still seems to remain a UK based company.

My guess is that, in keeping with every FCA regulated business in the UK that traded with the EU, it set up a subsidiary in Dublin to deal with the loss of passporting rights following Brexit.

Every regulated financial services business had to do this post Brexit as the "ground moved". Most common places to set up the company permitted to trade in the EU include Ireland, Luxembourg, Cyprus and Holland which have "friendly regulators".

The creation of such subsidiaries allowed the continuation of trading in the EU post Brexit and were/are a simple rejigging of corporate structures to accomodate regulatory requirements and the loss of passporting. A simple corporate structural change to accomodate the changing regulatory climate, and one done by everyone in the financial services sector.

Or maybe a sinister move in the eyes of the conspiracy theorists....who knows.
    GP So in your learned view the statement ‘Jacob Rees Mogg moved his business/investments to Ireland because of Brexit’ is factually wrong

rA I do take your point about there being more important issues to get my knickers in a twist about
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 11-02-2022 at 08:37 PM.

I do take your point about there being more important issues to get my knickers in a twist about
    That was my one and only point.

GP So in your learned view the statement ‘Jacob Rees Mogg moved his business/investments to Ireland because of Brexit’ is factually wrong

rA I do take your point about there being more important issues to get my knickers in a twist about
    Well they do have stuff all over the place. Must be Brexit

https://www.politicshome.com/news/ar...d-brexit-fears

On the face of it, all that has happened is a realignment in order to facilitate the new post brexit trading environment: a realignment that every FCA regulated entity had to do to continue trading with EU following the loss of passporting.

In that sense some of business and business assets and liabilities would have transferred to Dublin in order to satisfy the regulatory requirements there. But I very much doubt it's a wholesale flight from the UK as inferred by Swale, rG and others in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That was my one and only point.
    Good. I accept yours, do you accept mine? especially after endorsement from an independant poster you respect the business word of?

Good. I accept yours, do you accept mine? especially after endorsement from an independant poster you respect the business word of?
    Not in the same way as Dyson moved to Singapore, imo, but he did set up a new investment fund in Ireland and neither inspire any confidence in Brexit.
    That isn’t really my point though. Technically Swale may not have chosen his words very wisely, but your ‘stalking’ of him is just tiresome and achieves nothing.
    For someone who prides himself on having such ‘forensic’ inclinations wouldn’t your time be better spent investigating the facts surrounding what we were told (lied to) about Brexit...something that actually matters?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    wouldn’t your time be better spent investigating the facts surrounding what we were told (lied to) about Brexit...something that actually matters?
    Talking of lies: Lost all your employment rights yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Talking of lies: Lost all your employment rights yet?
    Blimey...Adi! Welcome back. Believe it or not...I’ve missed you.
    Never subscribed to that one though.

Page 800 of 922 FirstFirst ... 300700750790798799800801802810850900 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)