+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 784 of 922 FirstFirst ... 284684734774782783784785786794834884 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,840 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I intend to use that extensively tomorrow. But what does it mean?
    An old saying believed to have originated in the English west country. Meaning that the person being referred to is as incapable of understanding your point as is a piece of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    An old saying believed to have originated in the English west country. Meaning that the person being referred to is as incapable of understanding your point as is a piece of meat.
    As you regularly prove...and while you’re thinking about that, just ask yourself which one of the two of us resorts to name calling and abuse?

I intend to use that extensively tomorrow. But what does it mean?
    Does it perhaps relate to Swale's gammon?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    As you regularly prove...and while you’re thinking about that, just ask yourself which one of the two of us resorts to name calling and abuse?
    As do you sunshine. You're very clever and subtle with it. Yet get a bit braver when Fail has had a go.
    You would never agree with me on anything, even with a cast iron alibi. But you do it to GP and Andy as well. So I'm confident in the fact my own bias, isn't a one sided event. No matter how you view it.

As do you sunshine. You're very clever and subtle with it. Yet get a bit braver when Fail has had a go.
    You would never agree with me on anything, even with a cast iron alibi. But you do it to GP and Andy as well. So I'm confident in the fact my own bias, isn't a one sided event. No matter how you view it.
    Braver? What are you on? How can you be brave on an anonymous forum?
    You’re right...I can’t imagine agreeing with you about anything remotely political and that is something I am enormously comfortable about.
    No idea what Swale has to do with it...I don’t need him and he doesn’t need me. We agree on many aspects of politics and sometimes disagree about other things. Likewise I sometimes agree and sometimes disagree with GP and Andy. So what?

I'll be a bit more concilatory and suggest that if Remainers were given the opportunity of attempting to reverse the Brexit decision in arbitration, CAP wouldn't be exhibit A - regardless of the France issue, its a monolithic failure in many ways, as the few farmers I still know would confirm (as they leaned out of the drivers side window of their Bentley SUVs I must add)

Edit I was too much of a doer to ever see the dumping of CAP generated surpluses on the third world but I suffered the frustration, after busting a ******* to get the barley harvest in (double frustrated as I was allergic/hypersensitive to the bloody stuff), of watching it fester in a silo for 11 months due to CAP-driven overproduction and then burying it
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 11-10-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Braver? What are you on? How can you be brave on an anonymous forum?
    You’re right...I can’t imagine agreeing with you about anything remotely political and that is something I am enormously comfortable about.
    No idea what Swale has to do with it...I don’t need him and he doesn’t need me. We agree on many aspects of politics and sometimes disagree about other things. Likewise I sometimes agree and sometimes disagree with GP and Andy. So what?
    Brave in the way, whenever proven wrong you go quiet. You have on many occasions disagreed on one of my quotes, only to have one or two others on here, confirm the authenticity of it.
    ZIP/ZILCH/NADA. Then Swale opens his insulting mouth with full blown insults, and you back him up like an annoying little brother, who doesn't quite know how to swear yet. It's actually quite funny.

As proven over the last few posts, you've had a perfectly good response to a puzzlement from yourself. Only to continue in denial.
    So no, you will never agree with me, i don't think you're capable. I hope you never get jury duty.

Brave in the way, whenever proven wrong you go quiet. You have on many occasions disagreed on one of my quotes, only to have one or two others on here, confirm the authenticity of it.
    ZIP/ZILCH/NADA. Then Swale opens his insulting mouth with full blown insults, and you back him up like an annoying little brother, who doesn't quite know how to swear yet. It's actually quite funny.

As proven over the last few posts, you've had a perfectly good response to a puzzlement from yourself. Only to continue in denial.
    So no, you will never agree with me, i don't think you're capable. I hope you never get jury duty.
    Sorry Tricky...you’ve just reminded me of Mark Twain’s advice about arguing with an idiot. Life’s too short and your responses have become so nonsensical and unfounded that there’s no point in continuing so I’ll just withdraw and ‘go quiet’.

....... and, breathe.

I'll be a bit more concilatory and suggest that if Remainers were given the opportunity of attempting to reverse the Brexit decision in arbitration, CAP wouldn't be exhibit A - regardless of the France issue, its a monolithic failure in many ways, as the few farmers I still know would confirm (as they leaned out of the drivers side window of their Bentley SUVs I must add)

Edit I was too much of a doer to ever see the dumping of CAP generated surpluses on the third world but I suffered the frustration, after busting a ******* to get the barley harvest in (double frustrated as I was allergic/hypersensitive to the bloody stuff), of watching it fester in a silo for 11 months due to CAP-driven overproduction and then burying it
    Blimey that farmer must have been very rich to bury some barley! Funny when I was involved we'd store barley for 10 months or so then sell it when it was in short supply, but then I probably lived in the real world rather than one based on anecdotes from acquaintances!

Page 784 of 922 FirstFirst ... 284684734774782783784785786794834884 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)