+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 819 of 922 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819820821829869919 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,190 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No fence sitter me rA, I vorted remain as you know, and accept the result because I believe in democracy, and those who try to overturn it need to look East for their role models
    Who’s trying to overturn democracy? Unfortunately, like every political system, it’s flawed and I’d suggest you don’t have to ‘look East’ at all, you have to look no further than Westminster since the last election, where the politics of selfishness and stupidity has been handed a huge majority via populism masquerading as democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘You in 8169 and me believe relations are good’. My reference was to the ‘nineties and the noughties’, AF...that has nothing to do with post Brexit sentiments.
    well you need to get out more then, the world hasn't changed apart from those who listen to the media too much. The lovers are still lovin', the haters are still hatin' and from my viewpoint in roughly the same proportions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    well you need to get out more then, the world hasn't changed apart from those who listen to the media too much. The lovers are still lovin', the haters are still hatin' and from my viewpoint in roughly the same proportions
    Lol...and you need to read things in context more.
    It just happens that I’ve spent more time in other countries since those fondly remembered trips to France.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I reckon he will still be 10 years shy of retirement in 2072 rA - or possibly simply not working and have been replaced by automatons.

I cannot envisage any job that will still require a human to do it by then.
    Mm I remember those predictions when I was in my 20's. Automation will remove all the dull boring jobs, increase productivity and enable us all to have shorter 3 day working weeks. That turned out well didn't it?

Of course what happened was that the fruits of automation went into bigger profits for those already rich!!

It will be a while before a machine can do thousands of tasks, lets just say plumber, electrician, surgeon for example. AI will have to become very sophisticated before humans can be dispensed with.

Still maybe its time to start paying that universal income now, a few % tax on the richest should do it nicely with nobody noticing.

Seems like the voters of Devon and Wakefield might have rumbled the Brexit (amongst others) lies at last, Swale.

What do you think the last few by-election results tells us about democracy, Andy? It tells me that, despite having won an enormous majority at the last General Election people are sick and tired of having a dishonest incompetent as leader.
    Wonder if he’ll do the decent, honourable and, dare I say it, ‘democratic’ thing...or stay in hiding in Rwanda.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 24-06-2022 at 01:10 PM.

How many of those who voted this shower in at the last election realised they had voted to make the rich richer and the rest irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Seems like the voters of Devon and Wakefield might have rumbled the Brexit (amongst others) lies at last, Swale.

What do you think the last few by-election results tells us about democracy, Andy? It tells me that, despite having won an enormous majority at the last General Election people are sick and tired of having a dishonest incompetent as leader.
    Wonder if he’ll do the decent, honourable and, dare I say it, ‘democratic’ thing...or stay in hiding in Rwanda.
    Interesting results. 2 standing MPs discharged for alleged ***ual misconduct, so already Tories on a hiding to nothing regardless of the Johnson effect. Then they are bye elections where party in power always loses a lot of support.

Wakefield only had a Tory following a collapsed red wall pro Brexit vote last time round. So that reversal was entirely predictable with a return to traditional voting patterns which would likely be replicated across a lot of the old red wall wherever the bye election. Don't think any real Johnson impact here.

The one on Devon is more surprising, if only for the magnitude of protest - although that part of the world does tend to be more pro Liberal traditionally. Swing was amazing though, even allowing for tactical voting. This one should send a message and be of concern to the 1922 that they either need to change leader or quickly bury more dead under the current one. I suspect they will do the latter for a year and then clean start (with who?) aiming at next general election.

These results don't really tell us anything we didnt already know

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Interesting results. 2 standing MPs discharged for alleged ***ual misconduct, so already Tories on a hiding to nothing regardless of the Johnson effect. Then they are bye elections where party in power always loses a lot of support.

Wakefield only had a Tory following a collapsed red wall pro Brexit vote last time round. So that reversal was entirely predictable with a return to traditional voting patterns which would likely be replicated across a lot of the old red wall wherever the bye election. Don't think any real Johnson impact here.

The one on Devon is more surprising, if only for the magnitude of protest - although that part of the world does tend to be more pro Liberal traditionally. Swing was amazing though, even allowing for tactical voting. This one should send a message and be of concern to the 1922 that they either need to change leader or quickly bury more dead under the current one. I suspect they will do the latter for a year and then clean start (with who?) aiming at next general election.

These results don't really tell us anything we didnt already know
    Not quite in agreement with that appraisal, GP.

Yes the Wakefield result was more predictable and the swing in Devon was ‘amazing’ but, imo, regardless of the highly dubious actions of the two sitting Tory MP’s, had these by-elections been held up to about 14 months ago I suspect the Tories would have held both seats.

What the results tell us, and I agree we already knew, is that the public have seen through the Johnson con...surely Devon last night and North Shropshire months ago must make everyone realise that. Prepare yourself for PM Hunt...only one consonant different really.

Ah, welcome PM Lunt, do you own a parrot?

Hopefully they will keep Johnson for another year. I mean he will **** the country a bit more than he already has, but he will also **** the Tory party's electoral chances!!

Anyway its rather good to see the chickens coming home to roost and Rees-Mogg now reduced to asking the public what "freedoms" they would like to be reclaimed now we are a sad little insignificant nation with a crap trade deal with our biggest trading partner!!

Page 819 of 922 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819820821829869919 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)