+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 838 of 921 FirstFirst ... 338738788828836837838839840848888 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,380 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

.... and the news is..... ?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    .... and the news is..... ?
    The governments own body, the ONS has confirmed this, thats the news. oddly nobody on the Brexit side has mentioned this, in fact it seems its about trumpeting Brexit freedoms now, like removing the working time directive, reintroducing imperial measures, weakening environmental rules and other such "benefits" of Brexit, which were never mentioned in 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The governments own body, the ONS has confirmed this, thats the news. oddly nobody on the Brexit side has mentioned this, in fact it seems its about trumpeting Brexit freedoms now, like removing the working time directive, reintroducing imperial measures, weakening environmental rules and other such "benefits" of Brexit, which were never mentioned in 2016!
    Typical Swale, pound for pound the biggest Anti Brexit voice, guaranteed to write swathes* of comment at any opportunity, give him an inch and he’ll take 8 furlongs

* a swathe is about 5 feet

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    But it's not news though is it? These numbers have been bandied about for quite a while now. That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Typical Swale, pound for pound the biggest Anti Brexit voice, guaranteed to write swathes* of comment at any opportunity, give him an inch and he’ll take 8 furlongs

So he will take 1056 swathes then, approximately. Curious though as I thought swathe was a (misused) verb whereas swath was the noun. A swath width will obviously vary with the crop being swathed, so for example oilseed rape being a tall plant will leave a longer swath whereas second cut hay will be much shorter. Anyway, who uses a scythe nowadays? More often a cutter akin to a header on a combine mounted on a spindly tractor

here ends agriculture1.01
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 22-09-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Or...he continues to informatively draw attention to the mistake known as Brexit and the error of our ways. Now I know I’ll be called a ‘rear gunner’ again or something similarly infantile...but what exactly is wrong with him doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Or...he continues to informatively draw attention to the mistake known as Brexit and the error of our ways. Now I know I’ll be called a ‘rear gunner’ again or something similarly infantile...but what exactly is wrong with him doing that?
    Jesus wept, nip out and get yourself a sense of humour. Even GP saw the humour and he’s an accountant

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Being serious though, nothing wrong with him or anyone doing so, likewise nothing wrong with responses along the lines of ‘it happened, suck it up and move on’

On a related subject, and you brought it up, my U.K. to Greece cross border experience was: delay in U.K. 35 mins due to the impact of Islamic terrorism, maybe 5 minutes of that due to an audit going on. 0 mins due to Brexit. Delay in Greece 0, in fact they didn’t even look at our passports. Delays within Greece (another scare story in the papers last week suggested all sorts of restrictions for brits) - 0

Jesus wept, nip out and get yourself a sense of humour. Even GP saw the humour and he’s an accountant
    Ah...and how we all laughed!
    Interesting though that my lighthearted Theresa Coffey comment of a couple of weeks ago brought forth only recrimination and disdain from our moderator’s ‘humour police’.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    But it's not news though is it? These numbers have been bandied about for quite a while now. That was my point.
    Your point is pointless, the ONS ahve just published or had when I posted, so yes the numbers ahve been around a while, but the oNS confirming them is news. But hey why worry eh?

Page 838 of 921 FirstFirst ... 338738788828836837838839840848888 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)