+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 723 of 922 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733773823 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    See Johnson’s ‘oven ready’ Brexit deal seems to have been particularly half baked as far as Northern Ireland is concerned, not to mention the ramifications relating to any future US trade deal. Who’d a thought?
    Yes who'd have thought?
    An left sided President and a left sided EU want to cause trouble in Ireland.
    Im shocked, I truly am.

trump was happy with it, but Biden needs to make his mind up. (If he has one that still works)

In 1982 he was firmly pro UK. But narratives for political gain change I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yes who'd have thought?
    An left sided President and a left sided EU want to cause trouble in Ireland.
    Im shocked, I truly am.

trump was happy with it, but Biden needs to make his mind up. (If he has one that still works)

In 1982 he was firmly pro UK. But narratives for political gain change I suppose.
    ‘Trump was happy with it’...oh well that’s alright then. So long as that half witted and totally discredited fool was in favour of it what more is there to say?

‘Trump was happy with it’...oh well that’s alright then. So long as that half witted and totally discredited fool was in favour of it what more is there to say?
    There you go again RA. Trump might not be on your Xmas list, but he was more than happy to deal with the UK.
    Biden has jumped on a bandwagon, making his himself look even more ridiculous in his change from 40 years ago.

There you go again RA. Trump might not be on your Xmas list, but he was more than happy to deal with the UK.
    Biden has jumped on a bandwagon, making his himself look even more ridiculous in his change from 40 years ago.
    Hmmm...you reckon Biden looks ‘ridiculous’ in comparison to Trump? Oh well, takes all sorts.

Hmmm...you reckon Biden looks ‘ridiculous’ in comparison to Trump? Oh well, takes all sorts.
    Did I say anything of the sort?
    Trump is Trump. But he was more than honourable with the UK, much as you don;t like that.

As for Biden, oh my how he's changed his stance. I sense some puppetry strings at play here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C9hxsRO7pI

Did I say anything of the sort?
    Yes you did TTR. Here's a quote from post #7223 which you wrote............

I'm not quite sure how someone can say something and then deny it just 2 posts later.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

I'm not quite sure how someone can say something and then deny it just 2 posts later.
    Thanks MA...you know who’s last three posts on different threads have just left me wondering ‘what is the point? I’ve got so many better things to do’...so thanks for the triple fronted outbreak of common sense.

Tricky...your YouTube video...what is the point? So almost four decades (forty years!) a young Joe Biden was broadly supportive of the UK over the Falklands conflict and now he’s critical over the Irish/Brexit situation. Quelle surprise!

The issue is totally different. At the time of the Falklands our current ‘leader’ hadn’t even left school...many of the current decision makers were probably still at primary school. Other than demonstrating Biden’s longevity, what point are you trying to make?

The Northern Ireland Brexit situation is down to the agreement which Frost the negotiator and Johnson agreed last December, since then they have done nothing to implement it - typical Johnson agree and sign something without intending to do anything!

The EU has suggested a number of ways in which the Protocol can be operated, regrettably the UK Government is so ideologically bent on being a so called "Sovereign nation" they aren't interested in practicalities.

One only has to look at the following to see how dumb and/or duplicitous these people are!
    Lord Frost, the UK minister leading on issues around the new relationship with the EU, has said the post-Brexit arrangements for Northern Ireland had proven unsustainable as a result of the impact of the customs and regulatory border between Northern Ireland and Great Britain.

But it was a deal that Frost negotiated and a majority of MPs backed last year. Here is what some of the most vocal critics of the protocol are saying today - and what they said then.

Boris Johnson, prime minister
    What he said then: “It ensures for those living and working alongside the border that there will be no visible or practical changes to their lives: they can carry on as before.”

What he says now: “If it looks as though the EU is going to be very dogmatic about it and we continue to [be in an] absurd situation so you can’t bring in rose bushes with British soil into Northern Ireland, you can’t bring British sausages into Northern Ireland, then frankly I’m going to, we’ll have to take further steps.”

Iain Duncan Smith, former Tory leader
    What he said then: “If there is anything about this arrangement [the withdrawal agreement bill] that we have not now debated, thrashed to death, I would love to know what it is.”

What he says now: “The reality is that the protocol is simply not working. These are not teething problems. We have already seen companies that normally ship to Northern Ireland now saying publicly that they will not bother to do so any more if it is too difficult. We are also seeing diversion: some supermarkets and others are talking about depots in southern Ireland rather than in mainland GB.”

Ranil Jayawardena, trade minister
    What he said then: “We will be an independent United Kingdom – and this is a fundamental point – because, unlike the last withdrawal agreement, this deal will mean that Northern Ireland will remain in the UK’s customs territory, so it will not be for foreign powers to decide the future of any part of our country. This new deal that Boris has achieved – against all the odds – will bring an end to the uncertainty and division.”

What he says now: “It is wrong that anyone should be threatening the British sausage. We will stand up for the British sausage and no one will ever be able to destroy it.”

Andrew Bridgen, Conservative MP
    What he said then: “If you had offered me what we’ve got here back in 2016 I wouldn’t have snapped your hand off, I’d have had your arms and your legs as well.”

What he says now: “It’s just clear the EU wants to annex Northern Ireland away from us, which is what they always wanted… Ultimately I think we’re being stitched up by the European Union and it’s had a very bad effect on the DUP - quite rightly.”

Bernard Jenkin, Conservative MP
    What he said then: “NOW we can stop banging on about Europe!” and “the withdrawal agreement represents a compromise Brexit, which we now all must live with, and all can do so because it is a good compromise.”

What he says now: “If the EU insists on an unreasonable interpretation of the withdrawal agreement, the UK must stand ready to repudiate it. I hope it is not necessary, but if it is the only way to achieve UK prosperity and the kind of sovereign independence which is the democratic right of any nation recognised under the UN charter, then so be it. And most other nations would respect us for that.”

So either Johnosn and the Tories didn't read/understand the agreement they signed up to, or they did and had no intention of abiding by it. thought they could ignore it!

I mean fancy being held to account to operate within an international agreement a Government has signed up to?

Meanwhile the bonehead Brexiteer amongst the population completely fail to understands the details of this and believe the bull**** spouted by the Tories!
    Last edited by swaledale; 11-06-2021 at 11:26 AM.

As I wrote on a political thread on FB earlier, Johnson signs a deal today and breaks it tomorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Woah, I didn't make Biden in any comparison to Trump. I was quoting his stance on the UK in 1982 to its current stance. Talk about chalk and cheese.

Page 723 of 922 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733773823 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)