+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 161 of 922 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

All this negativity. Brexit was voted in by it's people and is here to stay. We should embrace it and all push forward together to push this Country forward into a new era of prosperity!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    All this negativity. Brexit was voted in by it's people and is here to stay. We should embrace it and all push forward together to push this Country forward into a new era of prosperity!
    What do you mean by 'it's people'? There's no such thing as 'Brexit's people' and it was voted in by just over one third of the British people - or those aged over eigh**** at least - in what seems increasingly like some ill conceived protest vote. Like you, of course I'd welcome a 'new era of prosperity' but all I see is a prolonged era of austerity.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    What do you mean by 'it's people'? There's no such thing as 'Brexit's people' and it was voted in by just over one third of the British people - or those aged over eigh**** at least - in what seems increasingly like some ill conceived protest vote. Like you, of course I'd welcome a 'new era of prosperity' but all I see is a prolonged era of austerity.
    When leavers say it was voted in by it's people they mean 37% of those who voted and many of those voted for something in protest at being overlooked by our ruling elites, whilst missing the point that it won't change anything for them!

Still I guess lemmings rush over a cliff not knowing what the outcome will be so like Lemmings the brexiteers all must be very optimistic!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I was pointing out an inconsistency, and its interesting that you only focussed on the personal/immigration side of the inconsistency.
    I was ignoring the inaccuracies about blocking trade its not a reflection about what actually happens - there are a whole different set of trade tariffs and rules depending upon which agreement you are in- so there is for instance a pacific trade deal, a USA - Mexico/South American agreement, and of course there are the general WTO trade agreements - the Eu does not act inconsistently, I can only assume as others have that you are using the recent issues with the canadian - EU deal as an example, but as always these matters are more complicated than gets reported in the media, never mind that some of that media put their own slant on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    So, individual countries can't stop Britain dealing with other countries, we just have to negotiate our own poorer deal. By that definition, if we leave without a deal, then countries like Germany will be able to deal with us, but get a poorer dealer without the collective strength of the eu.
    Your assuming that the trade Germany does with us is worth more than the trade it does with say the USA? Yes there will be economic disadvantages to german firms who trade with the Uk, however as things stand it seems that germany and the other Eu states are prepared to put up with some economic pain in order to protect the EU's position, they perceive that the benefits from keeping the EU and the principles by which a country gains access to the single market are greater than the disadvantages.

Of course this is all posturing, at the moment, but economically we do need that access in one form or another and we need it more than the EU members need access to a tariff free Uk market, after all they to have the rest of the world to trade with!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Still I guess lemmings rush over a cliff not knowing what the outcome will be so like Lemmings the brexiteers all must be very optimistic!
    Ah... you still believe all these strange myths then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/201...about-lemmings

lets hope when the lemmings rush to jump swale your crushed in the stampede . sorry you lost the democracy vote .

swale i have avoided saying what i and many others feel on here mainly as you are a fellow ram and i accept your views as a democratic society must. let me state my views very easy and simplistic given choice of vote by government vote went wrong way in your opinion . moan and groan about a load of unfair views decisions etc keep on moaning until your blue in face. my view if it had gone other way this post would have been dead or not started you need to do one of two simple things move on as there is no going back without more trouble than this country has ever had . except that this post is dead and buried and admin should close it incase people get fed up with your views being shoved down our throats the lemming comment did me ? and three perhaps rats was right you were the problem and dont listen . either way its irrelevant i can still support derby from afar without getting my opinion laughed at so bye to friends i have made i will still travel up a few times a season when i can fit it in sorry swale your ego got too much

It doesn't matter what they feel Southern. The EU is unwinding as we speak.

Ours won't be the last exit
    The banks are in trouble
    Immigration has turned Europe on its head

Sit back and watch it burn.
    How free trade ever got sucked into political Union, escapes me.

You can still have free trade with none of the **** the EU promotes for a super state.

Quote Originally Posted by southernram22 View Post
    swale i have avoided saying what i and many others feel on here mainly as you are a fellow ram and i accept your views as a democratic society must. let me state my views very easy and simplistic given choice of vote by government vote went wrong way in your opinion . moan and groan about a load of unfair views decisions etc keep on moaning until your blue in face. my view if it had gone other way this post would have been dead or not started you need to do one of two simple things move on as there is no going back without more trouble than this country has ever had . except that this post is dead and buried and admin should close it incase people get fed up with your views being shoved down our throats the lemming comment did me ? and three perhaps rats was right you were the problem and dont listen . either way its irrelevant i can still support derby from afar without getting my opinion laughed at so bye to friends i have made i will still travel up a few times a season when i can fit it in sorry swale your ego got too much
    I'll be genuinely sorry if you leave southern but this is getting ridiculous. First ramspride and now you...why? It's a forum, where discussion takes place. Discussion involves disagreement. Swale hasn't shown any great disrespect towards you so why blame him? People have different perspectives that's all. In my opinion, and I think Swales', being led into a poor decision by just 37% of the country is both bad and undemocratic. That's our view...you don't share it...so the debate continues. Like I say, I genuinely hope you stay on board, but to blame things on nothing more than a disagreement with Swale seems a bit unnecessary. If you want offensive read the post above...'sit back and watch Europe burn' says Tricky...now that really is offensive.

Page 161 of 922 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261661 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)