+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 616 of 922 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618626666716 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post

Thats where your so wrong in your assumption! Brexit for me has been very positive, I'd wager more positive than it will be for you! Indeed its provided a very welcome pre retirement bonus which now means I have retirement options I wouldn't have had if it hadn't happened - its an ill wind that blows nobody any good! (I get flack for saying this, but the reason I do is because the common response of most Brexit supporters is that I was against it because I benefited more from staying in the EU which hasn't been the case!).

So enjoy your "victory" it won't bother me one jot! I do feel a tad sympathetic to the majority of the population who did not vote for it, many of whom will most likely suffer the ill effects but hey theres nothing I can do about that.

So I'm not envious or bitter that its happened, in fact I'm just amazed that nobody who supported it including yourself is able to express coherently exactly how it will benefit you or the country. You have to admit thats pretty odd? To support a concept or policy yet being unable to give a reason why!

Then to express the view that Farage would make a good Prime Minister ( this being a guy who behaves childishly in the EU parliament whilst supposedly representing the country!) and praise him for helping to achieve Brexit, as if the guy had a) done it for free and b) done something that will improve the lives of the average person just demonstrates how blind people can be to the facts when it doesn't suit their blinkered view.

If you only knew what its cost already (and we are not even truly out of the EU yet) the hundreds of thousands of jobs lost, the millions of pounds of lost economic activity you may perhaps just wonder if it was worth it.

Still no doubt the fisherfolk will be pleased (thats 0.5% of the UK's GDP) or may be not when they find out they have gained nothing as the government sells them down the river to keep access to the EU for financial services - mind you that will only save around 75% of jobs, economic activity and tax revenue as the financial institutions have already moved hundreds of thousands of jobs into the EU - jobs and tax revenue that will be lost forever to the UK.

Not sure why I bother posting this, it doesn't affect you so you won't be bothered, again a narrow blinkered view that has no concept of how a country functions.

Ah bless be happy.
    Last edited by swaledale; 17-02-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Agree with your take on Brexit, Swale...always have done...but I’m not sure how it ‘won’t bother you one jot’.

I think we all know you’ve made a lot of money out of the Brexit preparations...you might have mentioned that once or twice...but if you’re right, and I suspect you are...then it is going to have an unavoidable impact on you whatever you do.

At the moment the £ appears stronger than it was before the election, although still a great deal weaker than it was before the Referendum.

I doubt that there is likely to be any significant strengthening in the foreseeable future, in fact I’d guess it’s likely to decline further as we get nearer to the real Brexit deadline day and greater uncertainty kicks in.

The obvious impact of that, should you choose to move abroad as you have also mentioned, will be that the pound in your pocket converts to less Euros or Dollars and reduces your buying power, while if you stay here the likely weaker economy is going to have less available for public spending and lead to even less spending on health and more long term care.

Either way...the future isn’t as bright - imo - as it would be without Brexit, but if you have a way of reducing its impact to not ‘one jot’ I’d love to hear it.

I had always assumed that, being an obvious man of principles, Swale would give his ill gotten Brexit gains to charity, or would have distributed it by way of alms amongst the poor and needy of the East Midlands. That's just the sort of chap that I'd always imagined him to be. After all, keeping it all to feather his own nest makes him no better than opportunists such as Dominic Cummings, Boris Johnson et al who he clearly loathes.

The expressions "double standards" and "dont do as I do, do as I say" spring to mind.

As for retiring to a place where the pound buys less, there are many places where the pound today has risen over its June 2016 value where Swale could be comfortably off and comparatively more wealthy. Angola, Ghana and the Guinea Republic to name but 3. A win-win because then when he gives away his ill gotten gains they will go further in helping the Angolans etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agree with your take on Brexit, Swale...always have done...but I’m not sure how it ‘won’t bother you one jot’.

I think we all know you’ve made a lot of money out of the Brexit preparations...you might have mentioned that once or twice...but if you’re right, and I suspect you are...then it is going to have an unavoidable impact on you whatever you do.

At the moment the £ appears stronger than it was before the election, although still a great deal weaker than it was before the Referendum.

I doubt that there is likely to be any significant strengthening in the foreseeable future, in fact I’d guess it’s likely to decline further as we get nearer to the real Brexit deadline day and greater uncertainty kicks in.

The obvious impact of that, should you choose to move abroad as you have also mentioned, will be that the pound in your pocket converts to less Euros or Dollars and reduces your buying power, while if you stay here the likely weaker economy is going to have less available for public spending and lead to even less spending on health and more long term care.

Either way...the future isn’t as bright - imo - as it would be without Brexit, but if you have a way of reducing its impact to not ‘one jot’ I’d love to hear it.

I'm not going to be looking for a job, I don't need to buy a house, my investments aren't predicated on what happens to the UK with Brexit, I'm hedged against currency fluctuations to be honest coronovirus and it's impact on the world economy seems a much greater threat to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I had always assumed that, being an obvious man of principles, Swale would give his ill gotten Brexit gains to charity, or would have distributed it by way of alms amongst the poor and needy of the East Midlands. That's just the sort of chap that I'd always imagined him to be. After all, keeping it all to feather his own nest makes him no better than opportunists such as Dominic Cummings, Boris Johnson et al who he clearly loathes.

The expressions "double standards" and "dont do as I do, do as I say" spring to mind.

As for retiring to a place where the pound buys less, there are many places where the pound today has risen over its June 2016 value where Swale could be comfortably off and comparatively more wealthy. Angola, Ghana and the Guinea Republic to name but 3. A win-win because then when he gives away his ill gotten gains they will go further in helping the Angolans etc.....
    No I pay my taxes without a quibble, no moans, not sure how earning a living from what others have decided is "ill gotten gains"

I didn't vote for Brexit but its sent some unexpected business my way, though may be I should feel guilty being paid to help firms reorganise/relocate so that they can still access the single eu market whatever BJ and his bunch of tossers eventually achieve.

I don't feel guiltyby the way, this is non of my making, I'm just making hay whilst the sun shines and then decide where to retire when I can see the outcomes of our blessed BJ's "plan".

I'm happy to leave the Uk or whats left of it as the happy paradise that apparently Brexit will make it!

Quote Originally Posted by trickytreesreds View Post
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Where do you want to go Swale, presume you'll be signing up to Rams TV?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Where do you want to go Swale, presume you'll be signing up to Rams TV?
    Somewhere nice and warm where life is less frenetic and the rules and where officious ****s who like wearing uniforms and enforcing stupid rules aren't in abundance! I already do being exiled from Derbyshire, though a couple of hours flight back for the odd game isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Somewhere nice and warm where life is less frenetic and the rules and where officious ****s who like wearing uniforms and enforcing stupid rules aren't in abundance! I already do being exiled from Derbyshire, though a couple of hours flight back for the odd game isn't an issue.
    Fair enough, good plan!

Page 616 of 922 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618626666716 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)