+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 647 of 922 FirstFirst ... 147547597637645646647648649657697747 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

You couldn't make this up, though this Government does a good job of trying!
    Do or do not. There is no try young Padawan.

God bless Gina Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    God bless Gina Miller
    As Farage said only the clever who didn't vote Brexit how true by the way where is he now

God bless Gina Miller
    Indeed, she did try and save you and your ilk from yourselves, but like lemmings you were convinced leaping over the metaphorical cliff was in your best interests!

I'm happy in the knowledge that you won't notice a positive change in your life and circumstances and I won't notice a negative one in mine and if the situation in the Uk does become dire, I shall (as your "hero" Farage said) simply move elsewhere if Brexit turns out ****e! Leaving you to contemplate your shiity little life as a victim, with only the occasional trip to Thailand (wonder what the attraction is?) as a break from it.

Trebles all round suckers!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Indeed, she did try and save you and your ilk from yourselves, but like lemmings you were convinced leaping over the metaphorical cliff was in your best interests!

I'm happy in the knowledge that you won't notice a positive change in your life and circumstances and I won't notice a negative one in mine and if the situation in the Uk does become dire, I shall (as your "hero" Farage said) simply move elsewhere if Brexit turns out ****e! Leaving you to contemplate your shiity little life as a victim, with only the occasional trip to Thailand (wonder what the attraction is?) as a break from it.

Trebles all round suckers!
    She succeded. She made it legal that parliament is King.
    She never saw that one bblow up in her face and neither did the other squealers

She succeded. She made it legal that parliament is King.
    She never saw that one bblow up in her face and neither did the other squealers
    Erm that was the whole point of her action! Mm some people should just keep quiet!

Why do nations sometimes lurch into spectacular acts of self-destruction? A strange fervour that seized the Xhosa people of South Africa in the 1850s may shed some light on Brexit

In South Africa in April 1856, a Xhosa girl named Nongqawuse went out to scare birds away from the crops. She returned to her family with a strange tale. She had met three spirits who had an urgent message to pass on to her people: all their cattle should be slaughtered and their crops destroyed. If these instructions were followed, the ancestors of the Xhosa would rise from the dead, drive the white settlers from their lands and replace the slaughtered cattle with new herds.
    As the blood of the slaughtered beasts flowed and the crops burned, large enclosures were prepared for the arrival of the magnificent new herds promised by the spirits and great skin sacks made to hold their abundant milk.

A date for the promised wonders to occur had been set by the spirit voices: 18 February 1857, when the rising of a red sun would herald the miraculous transformation. As the day dawned, crowds gathered in eager anticipation of the glorious return of their ancestors.

Their failure to appear was met with confusion and dismay. It rapidly became clear that the Xhosa had rendered themselves utterly destitute, and the people were soon reduced to digging roots and eating what they could salvage from the rotting carcasses of their slaughtered herds.

In 2016 the Brexiters, channelling ancestral voices of their own, urged us to make a leap of faith in defiance of a mountain of expert evidence as to its likely impacts. Many people were inclined to believe their assurances that a brave new world awaited us after we’d well and truly burned our EU boats. Others seemed to feel – perhaps like the Xhosa – that their lives had become so insecure and impoverished that they had little to lose by taking a leap into the dark.

Like the Xhosa’s spirit guides, the Brexiters have refused all suggestion that a less drastic version of their magical transformation might be possible. Those pointing out that tens of thousands of jobs have already been destroyed and that much worse is to come are dismissed as faint-hearted advocates of “Project Fear”.

While the people of the UK are not yet obliged to survive on weeds and rotting carcasses, there are many signs that an economic catastrophe is looming. The miraculous mountains of cash – advertised on Brexit buses and in countless interviews – are no more likely to materialise than the herds of fat cattle promised to the Xhosa.

My guess is that Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson will be remembered in rather the same way as Mhlakaza and Nongqawuse are remembered by the Xhosa people of today – as false prophets who induced mass delusion and an act of spectacular national self-immolation.

So another lie from Johnson "Te time is past when we can do a deal" Somehow think a deal, though it will be a poor one economically disaster for the Uk, wil be magicked up from nowhere within a month and the clown in No 10 will claim its "world beating"!

Any truth in the rumour that the huge lorry park just outside Dover is to named "Farage Garage"

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Any truth in the rumour that the huge lorry park just outside Dover is to named "Farage Garage"
    Indeed there is MA.
    All seems a bit like DCFC, to be just going from bad to worse. I honestly can’t remember being so despondent about the nation’s future since the early eighties.

Page 647 of 922 FirstFirst ... 147547597637645646647648649657697747 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)