+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 655 of 922 FirstFirst ... 155555605645653654655656657665705755 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,550 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Hand Cock claimed the MHRA was able to approve the vaccine quickly "because of Brexit". A senior MHRA person has come and and said it was "because they were working under existing EU Laws" and had nothing to do with Brexit at all.

The government appears to be a bunch of pathological liars.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Absolutely no ‘assumption’...just observation, personal choice and common sense.

Either way...moving on and back to our relationship with Europe, I completely agree with you and am alarmed at the almost childlike Government desire to be able to shout, ‘we were first!’
    Be delighted if this is not yet another false dawn caused by UK politicians falling over themselves to take the credit for a vaccine which, I think, has been created in German labs and now awaits delivery from Belgium.
    The rest of Europe seems to be showing more restraint, perhaps wisely so...let’s see if it kills the Brits first?
    I’m as keen as anyone for life to return to normal but, selfishly, am almost grateful I’m only in tier 5 of the list of recipients.
    So rA stands for risk averse! Always thought it did, though I expect you either have grey hair or none at all given the stress you must get from worrying all the time! Generally in life its the stuff your unaware of and don't worry about that gets you in the end!

You can rest easy rA, the government have had no part in approval of this vaccine and its not been unduly rushed, rather the process has been accelerated, by testing the data from the start, rather than as usually happens doing tests and verification at the end of the development process once all the data has been received. And as you say its not been developed completely within the UK anyway.

A similar process is going on elsewhere, but its just our government desperate for some credit is making a song and dance about it!

I'm not sure people of our generation should be that worried about it anyway, any long term effects won't bother us!

I wouldn't have any qualms in taking it, though doubt that it will be offered before May or June for the likes of us.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    So rA stands for risk averse! Always thought it did, though I expect you either have grey hair or none at all given the stress you must get from worrying all the time! Generally in life its the stuff your unaware of and don't worry about that gets you in the end!

You can rest easy rA, the government have had no part in approval of this vaccine and its not been unduly rushed, rather the process has been accelerated, by testing the data from the start, rather than as usually happens doing tests and verification at the end of the development process once all the data has been received. And as you say its not been developed completely within the UK anyway.

A similar process is going on elsewhere, but its just our government desperate for some credit is making a song and dance about it!

I'm not sure people of our generation should be that worried about it anyway, any long term effects won't bother us!

I wouldn't have any qualms in taking it, though doubt that it will be offered before May or June for the likes of us.
    Thought you didn’t like ‘assumptions’, Swale. Full head of non-grey hair actually.

‘Risk averse’? Coming from the chap who described himself earlier as having only been to the shops during the pandemic that’s quite funny.

I’m 100% with MA...as far as I’m concerned this Government is made up of a ‘bunch of pathological liars’. I trust virtually nothing they say but being cautious as far as Covid is concerned makes sense to me, and yes I do despair over the juvenile and, imo, premature back slapping the likes of Hancock, Johnson and the, imo, idiotic Williamson have been indulging in.

I guess now that the approval is announced, as with the EFL, we will have no end of hand wringing until it appears "on the shelves" so to speak and gets put into people. Will it really happen, what if it doesnt, maybe the sky will fall in before it gets out there...........

Thought you didn’t like ‘assumptions’, Swale. Full head of non-grey hair actually.

‘Risk averse’? Coming from the chap who described himself earlier as having only been to the shops during the pandemic that’s quite funny.

I’m 100% with MA...as far as I’m concerned this Government is made up of a ‘bunch of pathological liars’. I trust virtually nothing they say but being cautious as far as Covid is concerned makes sense to me, and yes I do despair over the juvenile and, imo, premature back slapping the likes of Hancock, Johnson and the, imo, idiotic Williamson have been indulging in.
    Except I haven't only been to the shops as you'd know if you read my posts properly...sigh! I've been to london 4 times, been on trains, been to other towns and cities, on the tube, eaten out 4 times, the only thing Covid has done to change my routine is - not attending football matches, not going to the cinema, not going to music and comedy gigs, not had a holiday - and thats only because the 3 trips planned all had to be cancelled due to lockdowns.

There is a difference between being able to assess a risk and being risk averse.

Your are completely risk averse and its not based on an assumption is based on the constant worrying you do about everything and your overly cautious approach that is written large in your posts!

To be fair tho rA the rules aren't based on evidence and straightforwardness are they? Since the last lockdown ended I've just ignored whatever *******s the government has said, it changes from day to day...

I follow my own instinct on these matters and as I avoid others most of the time (apart from shopping) have no impact on others.
    Your words Swale...read Andy’s ‘sticky’ and stop constantly looking for a scrap. You say you avoid assumptions but make them, wrongly, time after time about me...you’ve made three in the last two days, all hopelessly incorrect.

I ‘follow my instincts’ too...in fact they’re apparently not so dissimilar from yours. It seems I may actually be a lot less ‘risk averse’ than you, certainly been out a great deal more than you, and had a holiday too...who cares, it’s not a competition...it’s about getting through the current crisis as safely as possible and being fit and ready to go again next Spring/Summer...hopefully.

Stay safe and stop looking for battles where they really don’t exist...there’re enough real ones actually worth fighting.

Your words Swale...read Andy’s ‘sticky’ and stop constantly looking for a scrap. You say you avoid assumptions but make them, wrongly, time after time about me...you’ve made three in the last two days, all hopelessly incorrect.

I ‘follow my instincts’ too...in fact they’re apparently not so dissimilar from yours. It seems I may actually be a lot less ‘risk averse’ than you, certainly been out a great deal more than you, and had a holiday too...who cares, it’s not a competition...it’s about getting through the current crisis as safely as possible and being fit and ready to go again next Spring/Summer...hopefully.

Stay safe and stop looking for battles where they really don’t exist...there’re enough real ones actually worth fighting.
    All I can say is that it must be someone else writing your posts then! Because in them your often worrying, being concerned, advocating safety first, not doing something if there's a risk etc etc. What else is one supposed to read from that?

Yeah well I would have gone on holiday had the regulations not prevented me and not sure how you work out you've gone out more than me but hey ho.

I'm not looking for battles just stating whats obvious from what and how you post!

All I can say is that it must be someone else writing your posts then! Because in them your often worrying, being concerned, advocating safety first, not doing something if there's a risk etc etc. What else is one supposed to read from that?

Yeah well I would have gone on holiday had the regulations not prevented me and not sure how you work out you've gone out more than me but hey ho.

I'm not looking for battles just stating whats obvious from what and how you post!
    Honestly...I give up...you’ve accused me of worrying, being concerned, advocating safety first, having grey hair, being bald, being risk averse etc and virtually all of that is just in your head...just your assumptions.
    Am I ‘worried’? Not especially but about some private things which you know nothing about...to an extent, yes...aren’t we all?
    Am I ‘concerned’? About Derby’s chances of avoiding relegation...about how long the pandemic is going to disrupt all our lives for? Yes...of course...again aren’t we all?
    Do I ‘advocate safety first’? Can’t think of an example but as far as Covid is concerned...is that so daft?
    Am I bald or have grey hair? Not that it matters but ‘no’ on both counts.

You’re not sure ‘how I work out you’ve gone out more than me but hey ho.’ Because you’ve written, ‘I follow my own instincts on these matters and as I avoid others most of the time (apart from shopping) have no impact on others.’

As I’ve said, this is not a competition...but it is you who, in your own words, ‘avoid others most of the time’ while I have eaten out in a number of pubs, have flown to Southern Europe, have eaten out there half a dozen times and visited a number of bars - all in the open air - since the pandemic began.

Do I ‘follow my own instincts’. Like you...yes...and my current instinct is that arguing with you in your current frame of mind is utterly pointless for me and equally boring for others, so you have the last word if you like...I won’t be responding further upon what’s ‘obvious’ from what we’ve both posted.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 04-12-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Time to give it a rest lads. Mista looks like he's gone. According to Andy, others are making their concerns known.

For the sake of the forum, let's get back to starting threads with a view to getting diverse reactions. Let's stop having a go at others for no other reason than we possibly think it's funny. If you don't agree with what someone has said, say so and explain why. That might garner further explanation from the thread starter and so you get a discussion. No need for name calling or winding people up.

There have been a few occasions of late where I have thought "if this little spat was going on in the pub, someone would be getting a bloody nose or worse". Whatever happened to civililty and adult conversation? We did have it once upon a time. Let's get back to that........... or is the aim to make the Ram Inn as deserted as the Boro and Red Dog boards?

I'm not saying we have to agree with everything, it'd be boring if we did, but there are adult ways of putting one's opinions without riling others. Be polite and the nastiness will go away.

I hope Mista reconsiders. Let's have less playground 'mines bigger than yours' garbage. Too much petty point scoring, god if the Rams garnered as many points we'd be quids in!

Page 655 of 922 FirstFirst ... 155555605645653654655656657665705755 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)