+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Assistant Manager.

New Assistant Manager.

Looks like Stephen Robinson may be leaving Firpark:
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/05...phen-robinson/
    If he goes (with thanks as I think he has done a good job) might we see Scott Leitch stepping up? Or maybe Craggs? Or somebody new?
    If it's a financial decision, due to limited finances, I reckon Scott will take up his old position with Las and Hammy taking up more coaching duties alongside Craggs.
    Thoughts ?

If it was to be Scott Leitch he would have to be replaced as we require an Academy Director in order to receive funding. But, who knows?

I'd be reluctant to see Leitch move - he's been given a hard time on here before, not unfairly in cases, but we finally seem to have something resembling a professional youth system again and we shouldn't be tinkering with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    I'd be reluctant to see Leitch move - he's been given a hard time on here before, not unfairly in cases, but we finally seem to have something resembling a professional youth system again and we shouldn't be tinkering with that.
    We've given Leitch enough opportunities over the years for him to show us the two fingered salute time and again. Let us see if his youth development bear fruit before we consider him for anything else. His track record as assistant at Aberdeen was nothing short of a disaster and his name was often cited as much of the problems behind the scenes at Pittodrie. Now that may or may not be true but that view is widely raised on their supporters forums so why take the chance..

Leitch was appointed in 2013 - obviously these things take time but since then we've got money for Erwin, Hall and Robbie Leitch, won the the youth cup for the first time ever and Cadden is now an established first team player.

It's acorns rather than oak trees but after producing zilch, zero, nada for year upon year, it seems we may finally have turned it round again.

HD - have we received money for Robbie Leitch? Have not seen it reported anywhere - how much did we get?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Leitch was appointed in 2013 - obviously these things take time but since then we've got money for Erwin, Hall and Robbie Leitch, won the the youth cup for the first time ever and Cadden is now an established first team player.

It's acorns rather than oak trees but after producing zilch, zero, nada for year upon year, it seems we may finally have turned it round again.
    way too early to give Leitch credit for those players all had been on our book for a few years before Leitch came along

I would move up Crags to assistant and move Lasley to Crags position.Honestly think Lasley will manage the club soon enough so make sense.

Or Lasley in player/assistant manager could work.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex View Post
    way too early to give Leitch credit for those players all had been on our book for a few years before Leitch came along
    They would have been middling ****agers when he came along and getting that age group from decent talents to proper pros is arguably the hardest part of the process. I'm not suggesting we build him a statue but suggesting he doesn't deserve any credit is daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Gowboy View Post
    HD - have we received money for Robbie Leitch? Have not seen it reported anywhere - how much did we get?
    Apologies, just assuming we'll get the standard development fee - he's young enough the cross-border loophole won't apply, at least as far as I know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)