+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gretna tournament this weekend

A stroll in the park for Queens against the village people but South Shields who beat Ayr United in the other game
    should be a far harder test tomorrow - their new chairman Geoff Thomson has already invested one million pounds
    in his home town club with more to come including a 3G pitch and the building of 3 new stands. He has even
    attracted players such as ex - Sunderland / Boro's Argentinian star Julio Arca to sign up so the wages must be
    pretty good.

I understand from the Connelly era that we might have dabbled wi' players frae that League. However we are a Championship club noo and must respect oor ain ambitions. Please understand that our current level is higher than we used to be under Harkness.

[QUOTE=middleagedirtbag;38192341]" What the hell will we have got from this? I believe no trialists either? These sort of games might help with match fitness but certainly not anything else. Dalbeattie Star, Carlisle Reserves, Gretna Green, South Shields and Penrith will ensure that this team will NOT be up and running for Championship level football. We are short in positions all over the pitch and by not having possible new signings trying to impress in games like this really worries me. It's no wonder that season ticket sales are at their worst level in many years. I'm not looking forward at all to this season if things stay the way there are. "

Don't bother coming then.Save yourself the pain![/QUOTE Hi truthhurts. I see your ugly head has.been reared again. Do us a favour and disappear again forever]

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    What the hell will we have got from this? I believe no trialists either? These sort of games might help with match fitness but certainly not anything else. Dalbeattie Star, Carlisle Reserves, Gretna Green, South Shields and Penrith will ensure that this team will NOT be up and running for Championship level football. We are short in positions all over the pitch and by not having possible new signings trying to impress in games like this really worries me. It's no wonder that season ticket sales are at their worst level in many years. I'm not looking forward at all to this season if things stay the way there are.
    Good to hear an optimistic view prior to the season even starting. Support like this certainly poisons the atmosphere at the home games and I for one would rather they went elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    What the hell will we have got from this? I believe no trialists either? These sort of games might help with match fitness but certainly not anything else. Dalbeattie Star, Carlisle Reserves, Gretna Green, South Shields and Penrith will ensure that this team will NOT be up and running for Championship level football. We are short in positions all over the pitch and by not having possible new signings trying to impress in games like this really worries me. It's no wonder that season ticket sales are at their worst level in many years. I'm not looking forward at all to this season if things stay the way there are.
    You have obviously taken advantage of loop hole in the New Message Board format to sneak back and I hope you are willing to make a positive contribution. However if you choose to take the dark side you will be removed from the board. What is your source that season ticket levels are the worst for years ?

Line up v South Shields today -

Thomson, Brannan, Evans, Jacobs, Brownlie, Hooper, Trialist, Millar, Smith, Dykes, Moxon

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    You have obviously taken advantage of loop hole in the New Message Board format to sneak back and I hope you are willing to make a positive contribution. However if you choose to take the dark side you will be removed from the board. What is your source that season ticket levels are the worst for years ?
    Goad, I micht as weel chinge my name tae Liehurts if a cannae tell it the way it is. Every yin a ken is talkin aboot the poor ticket sales fur this season. But dinnae fret am gittin' mine soon!

Theres brief reports from both this weekends games as well as some pictures from the closed door game with Carlisle midweek on the website now

TH does have a point. Playing a better level of competition would highlight potential weak areas.
    Annan game should be a good test though. IMO the cup game last season, although we won showed the first warning signs of the season ahead.

i dont like how skelton said that we wont be giving scot brown a contract for the sake of pikard a moxon yes moxon has looked good but im not a fan of pikard and surely we should be getting players who can play at this level this season not in acouple of seasons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)