Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do Burnley need this summer?

What do Burnley need this summer?

I watched you guys the entire season before last - ye were unlucky to go down but seemed very threadbare once injuries came into play.

Dean Marney and David Jones were the midfield partnership before Marney got injured and was lost for the rest of the season. I don't have access to Championship matches in North America so I didn't get a chance to see the club play at all this past season. From the stats it would appear that this was the preferred starting midfield four, and I right about that?

Arfield, Barton, Jones, and Boyd.

With Barton gone is it likely that the club will go all out for a premier league quality central midfielder to replace him?

Looks like Matthew Lowton was brought in for Trippier and Andre Gray came in to replace Ings. Am I right here?

Welcome on board Hurley!

Your analysis is pretty much spot on. Sean Dyche is keen to reinforce our midfield options. I expect 3 additions imminently.

TEC that you expecting again. Need to be more careful!
    When is the due date?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley Burnley View Post
    I watched you guys the entire season before last - ye were unlucky to go down but seemed very threadbare once injuries came into play.

Dean Marney and David Jones were the midfield partnership before Marney got injured and was lost for the rest of the season. I don't have access to Championship matches in North America so I didn't get a chance to see the club play at all this past season. From the stats it would appear that this was the preferred starting midfield four, and I right about that?

Arfield, Barton, Jones, and Boyd.

With Barton gone is it likely that the club will go all out for a premier league quality central midfielder to replace him?

Looks like Matthew Lowton was brought in for Trippier and Andre Gray came in to replace Ings. Am I right here?
    Hi HB we also lost Sam Vokes for much of the season in the PL. hopefully Ashley will be able to play a full part and some of our last years signings can step up to the plate as Danny did when Charlie left.

We seem to be after a new keeper, someone to cover for Keanes possible departure, a replacement for Barton, an old head like Charlie Adam, I would like a new striker to give us some variation and to cover for Gray if he struggles which I think he might.

If we have a regular bench including Arfield, Jones and Barnes I will be confident of staying up. All better equipped for coming on and doing a good job rather than starting games in the Premier League.

Any other situation and I don't think we will stay up .

Derby are putting a valuation of 10 million on Hendrick and Brighton want 8 million for Stephens. Crazy money!

Now we are talking negotiations, forget the thug and offer Brighton 6 million for Stephens. Now!

Now we are getting to the exciting bit of the negotiations. Clubs putting a valuation on both players so willing to sell. Hope we ditch the thug and offer 6 million for Stephens, see where that gets us.

Attempt to edit thwarted due to 5 min time out.

Meant to ask if Brighton stick to their 8 million valuation, should we pay so much for a player in last year of contract. We are well short of their valuation so hope this doesn't drag on 2- 3 weeks otherwise it could hamper player recruitment .

I think this was the kind of scenario we were expecting, clubs over valuing and Burnley continuing their previous policy of paying as little as possible. Time to change with the times ?

good afternoon clarets ,its getting a tad frustating.like dyche says we have to be patient .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast