+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Open

Some golf being played by Stenson and Mickleson

that 63 might be the finest round of golf I've ever seen in the circumstances

Absolutley fantastic viewing today. Stenson wins.

Mickleson hits a 65 (-17)but Stenson a 63 (-20)Superb golf from both and excellent to watch. Im nae even a golf fan

Micklesons round it the best ever score not to win a major

Also Stenson holing that last putt sums up how great a round it was

I was scoring at the Ladies Scottish Open today, out this morning with Maria Verchenova, a Russian who does a bit of modelling as well as play golf. Absolutely stunning is putting it mildly.

Good thing with the ladies events is you get a wee kiss after the handshakes on the 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    I was scoring at the Ladies Scottish Open today, out this morning with Maria Verchenova, a Russian who does a bit of modelling as well as play golf. Absolutely stunning is putting it mildly.

Good thing with the ladies events is you get a wee kiss after the handshakes on the 18th.

Must be embarrasing walking away with a full blown chubby on the go

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Absolutley fantastic viewing today. Stenson wins.

Mickleson hits a 65 (-17)but Stenson a 63 (-20)Superb golf from both and excellent to watch. Im nae even a golf fan

Micklesons round it the best ever score not to win a major
    I was speaking to someone last week that was down for the last day at Troon. He took his young lad (3 or 4 year old) down with him.
    They were heading in the direction of the course just around the time that Mickleson was walking towards the 1st tee.
    He pointed out Mickleson to his son and the young lad gave him a wave, Mickleson then spoke to his caddy and the caddy approached the boy and gave him some tees and a ball.

I know it's not much in the grand scheme of things but it's good to see Mickleson taking the time to acknowledge a wee lad, even more so when he's on his way to play in the last group in a major championship.

Win or lose, he always comes across as a gent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Must be embarrasing walking away with a full blown chubby on the go
    Fortunately I spotted Laura Davies around the same time so that situation was quickly defused.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post

I'd love to drive a couple of balls into the rough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12