+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New kit

In all seriousness mick, I agree with what you're saying but does all that mean we have to like the shirt the team plays in, it's not something to get hung up on but it is worth a comment...what would you think if we suddenly played in red, it'd still be just a f? Ckin kit...not our kit of course but still a kit, I do like the new shirt, it's just not a Wednesday shirt, is that worth talking about,I think so, at least as just an opinion, I wouldn't slag anyone off too much over it.

I think the new shirt is fine and it will be easier to see the players numbers. It was very difficult with the old shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Good God...I hope this isn't it, I could maybe just about accept the away strip, even if it does look like United's BUT, if that pinstripe not even Wednesday blue shirt is the home kit then it's a MASSIVE no from me...don't usually get too hung up on shirts but come on, we have an identity & that's not it, worse shirt for a very long time in my opinion...I thought United's home shirt last season was bad with the invisible pin stripe but if this is ours we've topped that...who the fk designs this stuff, certainly not a Wednesday fan.

Attachment 599
    :-D Sobered up.....Don't like the home shirt...but not to the point where I'd protest. ..like some so called wednesday fans...some of whom would rather we got tw@tted week in week out, off the likes of Hartlepool. .so long as we've got aaaaa club back...Jesus..frightening bunch...We nearly went out of business. .and now we're playing the best football we've seen in years...and we have a chairman thats ploughed millions in....Who do some think we are...We've won one major trophy in.....won't go there. ..and we're so up ourselves, that we want to dictate sh!t to an ambitious man that has brought us entertaining winning football...Westwood, FF, Bannan, Hooper, Fletcher and Wallace...As opposed to Adamson, Burton, Jeffers, Bestherwick, Potter, and O'Connor....If we get promoted, the shirt will become legendary. .and some not all, of the doom mongers will quickly forget their dislikes........The season ticket deal was very reasonable. ..and he gave us every opportunity to get one...The POTD pricing is a different issue. ...No family should be priced out of watching their team. ...and not everyone can get a season ticket. ....Pick and choose the games I'm afraid....Hopefully, if and when we reach the promised land...Pricing can fall back in line.....My main concern at the moment. .is getting the 3 or 4 players we need, over the line.....I'm sure DC is working around the clock, to make it happen.

To be fair to Chansiri, he's opted to delve into the heritage of the club by reinventing the 1962-1963 Wednesday jersey. How many other foreign owners can you name who have done this?

I'm not a football shirt wearer so it's not a big deal to me but I can understand the disappointment of some fans - although you wouldn't have known anyone was disappointed if you'd seen the queue at the club shop today!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10 View Post
    To be fair to Chansiri, he's opted to delve into the heritage of the club by reinventing the 1962-1963 Wednesday jersey. How many other foreign owners can you name who have done this?

I'm not a football shirt wearer so it's not a big deal to me but I can understand the disappointment of some fans - although you wouldn't have known anyone was disappointed if you'd seen the queue at the club shop today!

Chansiri is a legend already in my eyes, things like the new shirt are worth a mention but it takes nothing away from the chairman....like mick said, if we get promotion wearing that shirt then it'll be remembered very fondly by almost everyone, me included.

'To be fair' what he's done is confirm what we already know, he's tone deaf to the mood of the fans - evidenced by ticketing prices and now this bizarre and unfathomable kit design choice.

Reading between the lines, Chansiri like the Tan chap at Cardiff has a kit preference and sod tradition, Chansiri's preferred shirt being all blue. He'll see those tiny white pin stripes as more than enough of a compromise to you bunch of moaners.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post

'To be fair' what he's done is confirm what we already know, he's tone deaf to the mood of the fans - evidenced by ticketing prices and now this bizarre and unfathomable kit design choice.

Yes because we are in no mood to be having quality players playing quality football under a quality manager...maybe he should be selling any talent that comes through & aim to get to & keep us in the pub league for six years while he pretends to know how to appoint a manager that can operate under his smothering leadership....that'll get us reyt in t'mood that will, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post

Reading between the lines, Chansiri like the Tan chap at Cardiff has a kit preference and sod tradition, Chansiri's preferred shirt being all blue. He'll see those tiny white pin stripes as more than enough of a compromise to you bunch of moaners.
    How does reinventing the 1962-1963 Wednesday jersey stick two finger up to tradition? Add to that the reverting back to a traditional crest from the 1950s and you couldn't be more wrong.

How does reinventing the 1962-1963 Wednesday jersey stick two finger up to tradition? Add to that the reverting back to a traditional crest from the 1950s and you couldn't be more wrong.

add the fact that ticket prices have been frozen and with the new occassional £10 off for members (it could work out cheaper for the regular attending member) he's got it all wrong

for what it worth, i think the shirts ok. if we were going to have change i would have liked hoops or the 60's one with white sleeves but thats splitting hairs as the new one is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Yes because we are in no mood to be having quality players playing quality football under a quality manager...maybe he should be selling any talent that comes through & aim to get to & keep us in the pub league for six years while he pretends to know how to appoint a manager that can operate under his smothering leadership....that'll get us reyt in t'mood that will, can't wait.
    The product on the pitch isn't the discussion topic aussie, just look at the Hull and Cardiff fans and their frustrations with their respective owners concurrently with successful sides. Call it what it is - Chansiri has wiped his backside on the tradition of the club.

It makes me laugh that you honestly think that Chansiri wanted to homage a kit from the early 60s - it's absurd. Let me tell you what likely happened, Chansiri wanted you in an all blue shirt, probably due to some strange Oriental superstitious reason. He gets counsel from some club apparatchik about how to do this without upsetting the natives too much. It's so transparent Stevie Wonder can see it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)