+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trident

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    They dont have anywhere else to put it. Westminister will win, 200bn will be spent and Krankie will raise her voice and act hard (because thats what she does) but it will mean f@ck all. Then you will see her drinking Pims at Wimbledon with the PM next summer
    Always wee Krankies fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Always wee Krankies fault.
    Nae blaming her, just guessing what is likely to happen

I wonder where the extra jobs are coming from. They're laying folk off at an alarming rate at Faslsne just now. The civilian staff are having to reapply for their own jobs & sitting through two interviews to see if they're worth keeping

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Nae blaming her, just guessing what is likely to happen
    It will be entirely up to Scotland what happens next, I believe....

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I wonder where the extra jobs are coming from. They're laying folk off at an alarming rate at Faslsne just now. The civilian staff are having to reapply for their own jobs & sitting through two interviews to see if they're worth keeping
    Phukin loads of jobs in England.

Take those 12K people and pay them off at £500K each, it would only cost only £6bn. Nuclear weapons are an absolute blight on the human race and have no place in the modern world. We should set a precedent by destroying every single one we have. In the event of a nuclear strike on the UK, we would be f*ked anyway and any retaliation would only further destroy human life and innocent human life at that. I personally don't see the point in using a weapon that can only be used in retaliation (UK perspective), to destroy 100,000's of innocent lives.

If that's the view of one of the leading governments in this world, then as humans, we are absolutely f*cked.

Nuclear sub's are based 32 miles from the largest city in Scotland.

If those 472 MP's are that desperate to keep Trident then they can keep them in the f*cking Thames.

Quote Originally Posted by AberdeenArnold View Post
    At a cost of 40 odd billion.

Over the lifetime of the subs. Perhaps 200 billion.

All so we can kill 100,000s of people at the click of a button.

Imagine how much good this money could and should have done.
    It's the sheer cost of the thing that gets me...think what could be done with that amount of money.
    Then the cycle will start again when the next renewal time comes

Quote Originally Posted by RealPompeyDon View Post
    According to a couple of mates who work in the Royal Naval Dockyard down here, it wouldn't cost a ridiculous amount to re-develop Milford Haven to accommodate them.
    They want it stuck in "Jockland" - forgetting the maritime advantages/disadvantages of having it placed at Clyde naval base...no way do they want this in England.

I say use it or lose it..going to spend all this dosh get some fun out of it.

Start with North Korea

Then Glasgow
    Last edited by The_Verninator; 19-07-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Verninator View Post
    They want it stuck in "Jockland" - forgetting the maritime advantages/disadvantages of having it placed at Clyde naval base...no way do they want this in England.
    Er, Milford Haven is in Wales.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast