+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hanley gone

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Plenty more fish in the sea..I'm sure Coyle will find a good replacement ..
    Alf - I think you mean, "Plenty more fishing..."

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Alf - I think you mean, "Plenty more fishing..."
    Tabac Aucks,I can see both the a Clarets and Rovers going down next season.lol

Surprisingly despite my negative posts recently I don't think we will drop even if we lose Duffy however we will only be prolonging the agony as we will the season after
    Selling your better players and replacing with everybody's cast offs usually ends one way.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Surprisingly despite my negative posts recently I don't think we will drop even if we lose Duffy however we will only be prolonging the agony as we will the season after
    Selling your better players and replacing with everybody's cast offs usually ends one way.
    What an odd statement "we will the season after" How can you be so confident we`ll stay up after losing two of the best centre halves in this division, but without knowing any facts on what will happen over the next two years proclaim we will go down the following season . Odd !

What really grates with me,is not losing Hanley but letting him go for such a bargain basement price - particularly with Newcastle awash with cash from player sales aka Townshend & Wiljnaldum not to mention parachute payments and 50,000 gates every week. Its not even as though Hanleys contract was running out...

Whoever is in charge of outgoing transfers needs sacking fast!!

Bob - I must admit I was expecting about 8 million with add-ons.
    I doubt very much that local staff would have had anything to do with accepting the actual figure received. I'm sure that holding out for another week or so would have seen the offers climb.

Needs I feel we should just about have enough about us to stay up that's not to say it will be by any great margin skin of teath springs to mind
    the following season we would become weaker
    Marshall out of contract
    byrne (who I believe will be influential this season)goes back to city
    Conway will become in usable as the last bit of pace he has disappears
    the left back role goes bare again
    on top of all that venkys continue to show zero ambition
    if the drop won't happen this season it will the following one
    success is everyone pulling together
    idiotic owners with no ambition
    a bare boardroom
    a patchwork cheap squad
    fed up decreasing fan base
    venkys could of gone for it as let's be honest that's our only chance of clearing the mess we are in
    sadly we are facing many years sliding down the league's still many millions in debt.

You paint a bleak picture,robin. I believe Venkys are putting about £2 million a year into the Academy,but if they think it will turn out 6-7 Championship standard players yearly as regular as clockwork I think they could be mistaken,yet again!

Given the direction they are taking,you would think they would have set up a network with someone like Gary Bowyer as "chief scout" to "add value"to the squad in wheeling and dealing players,but I guess that means actually spending money even if only £1-2 million total a year for a squad-full of players.

Again guys - 'bang on the money'. Bleak it may be seen as, but in my book - reality.

Its akin to treading into quicksand, struggle to get out - but sink further. Or, stay 'dormant' and hope for the best !

They may well be putting in 2m or whatever to whatever, but I personally have zilch sympathy for their dilemma.

When Newcastle came sniffing it was always a question of when Hanley would go, it was all about price. £6M is a fair price, in my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)