+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well on way to 8,000+ average gate!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I think it is unfair and objectionable that he is receiving abuse.
    Abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Are you serious Gazan? I find your defence of an obvious Troll and their clearly ridiculous ideas both amusing and mildly objectionable myself.
    Ok lets be optimistic but a little more realistic please.
    What's ridiculous about it? There are well over 8000 seats in the ground so we have the room and there are way over 8000 people in Crewe so logistically it's possible.
    Be positive and spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra The Great View Post
    What's ridiculous about it? There are well over 8000 seats in the ground so we have the room and there are way over 8000 people in Crewe so logistically it's possible.
    Be positive and spread the word.
    Yes there are over 8000 seats within the ground and more than 8000 residents in the town but they have a lot of sense . Why would they spend good money on a product that is not performing anything like it should. People make decisions with there heads not there hearts and people of Crewe appear to have spoken . I have not renewed my season ticket after nearly 20 years of having one ( I will pick which games I pay for on the day ) the club have not been in touch to ask me why only a bland letter asking me to renew. Its not good enough. Same old preseason so far. I hate to say i think we will be relegated again but there will be more local games if this happens .Not sure what happens to the academy if this happens.

I strongly suspect ATG may have posted under a variety of past names, particularly on the old Mad board, and regularly conflicted with Proggs there and elsewhere? Nothing wrong with that of course, but I do have a strange sense of deja vue here .....

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Are you serious Gazan? I find your defence of an obvious Troll and their clearly ridiculous ideas both amusing and mildly objectionable myself.
    Ok lets be optimistic but a little more realistic please.
    I agree. Tried to inject some realism early on, but failed. It would be nice for the Alexandra Stadium to be packed out, but this will not happen unless we are in the Championship.

I have recently suffered from serious long term memory loss (amnesia). How exactly can we not be playing in front of these crowds. Can someone please tell me what the beep is goin on?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulNevitt1981 View Post
    I have recently suffered from serious long term memory loss (amnesia). How exactly can we not be playing in front of these crowds. Can someone please tell me what the beep is goin on?
    We haven't been playing to those sort of crowds because not enough people have been interested enough to attend.
    It's that town-wide mindset that has to be altered so that no matter how the team are doing people WANT to go The Alex on a matchday and be part of that scene.
    Perhaps we need to think outside the box a bit (not the one behind The Royal) and maybe have tidy looking red and white clad young women/sales girls in the town centre on a Saturday morning showing a bit of leg ofcourse and motivating people to make their way up to the football ground.
    The Alex need to become '***y' and portray a hip,uber-cool image so that people want to be a part of this movement.Image is everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12