+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it just me?

Is it just me?

..... or does anyone else not get this lets stick with Cook rubbish.
    I get the fact that we cant keep changing managers and we have to give them time. He's had 50 games and I can only think of a handful of games when I thought we might be getting somewhere only to be disappointed the very next game.
    To me this season is only a continuation of last season... and don't get me started on Smith. In Cookie I don't trust.
    I do hope I'm wrong. Someone say something to encourage me.

OK I shall start. If we dump Cook, who do we get in? Whoever it might be will then want to change the squad again, another season of "bedding in". Off the field we have the beginnings of an extremely well run club, on the field this season (After 3 games!) it has been disappointing to say the least. Many times I have said that it is, in my opinion, pointless looking at league tables until November and, yes, of course I wanted to see more points on the board and more goals in the 'For' column but so far it hasn't happened. I personally think we have a very strong squad for this division and I believe that Cook is the person to set us off on our upward climb but let us not judge the season on 3 games, as frustrating as the results have been. I shall come back in October and say I was wrong if results continue as they are, but I sincerely hope and believe that I won't have to!

I hope we stick with Cook until at least November & if things haven't improved by then maybe look elsewhere , Tuesday night in the pub I was playing darts in there were at least 12 people who on hearing we were 2 down decided Cook had no idea & they could do a better job, I for one know the majority of these 'managers' have hardly if at tall been to fratton park, Also heard prior to the score that Cook had been seen in said pub on another night driving home after 4 pints?
    Rumour from a 'fan' at work is that he has 4 games to turn it around or Warnock would get the call, I hope not.
    Rumours, great eh?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)