+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 Prediction League

2016-17 Prediction League

As I'd indicated at the end of last season, with other things going on in life and after 10 years I am hanging up my Excel spreadsheet and won't be doing the weekly PL this season. I've really enjoyed the past 10 years but I feel the weekly format has run it's course as it has become increasingly hard to motivate people,except for a hard core dozen or so, to come on here week in, week out for a full season.

Any of the regulars are welcome to take over and I can let you have the spreadsheet I use but unless you are an Excel ninja it will be difficult to follow how it works. Someone may also come up with an easier scoring system that can be done manually but at the end of the day that's not the problem, it's getting players to show up regularly,

Thanks

CAM

Oh dear, that is sad news CAMiller.
    I've really enjoyed doing the prediction league over the years and I'll miss it.
    You've done a great job of keeping the league tables up to date (and usually in record time) and I thank you sincerely my friend.
    It's a great shame that the numbers have diminished but I think that it's mainly down to the mess that these ''MAD'' sites have become in the last couple of years. I've participated in other prediction leagues and I can honestly say that the format of MillersMAD's p.l. is the best

O.M.G. half of my post has disappeared!

See what I mean about this site ? It's really gone downhill and is becoming frustrating and irritating to use.
    I know of past users who've just given up and don't bother posting anymore, that is sad.

Thanks Nez - I've really enjoyed doing it and 'meeting' people like you on here over the years who maybe one day I'll get to share a pint with. As you say many good posters have seemed to drift away.

Sorry about the posting problems. I haven't really had any issues on here since the upgrade although I only use the site from my laptop with an ad blocker activated. I did try it on my phone once but gave up pretty quickly.

I'd love it if you would re-consider CAMiller and carry on the good work because it would be a tragedy if our prediction league died, as some others have. And another thing, our prediction league just happens to be the best in the entire football league (trust me I've checked every club's messageboard and there isn't one that even comes close to ours)
    Alternatively, if you are really sure that you've had enough, then if someone with knowledge of spreadsheets could take the job on then it would be fantastic.
    Please, please, please, is there anyone out there ? COME ON fellow MILLERS, we can't let our prediction league die.

Thanks Nez - from the number of responses to this either people can't find this board or as I said the interest has waned

I have been doing some thinking to try and shake things up and if I was to do it a few changes would possibly be:-

1. Do away with the goal scorer pick (as most people always go for a 'banker' and it also means I have to look into every match report to see who scored)

2. Disallow the repetitive predictions where posters pick just one score and/or increase the rewards for getting a score correct (maybe 2pts per goal)

3. Include a weekly bonus for coming 2nd and 3rd.

All this is moot of course if there was only me and you playing

I can't believe that no-one's replied to this thread CAMiller, I'm really disheartened by it all and the lack of interest is unbelievable after all the years the prediction league has been running. Surely there are other posters out there that have enjoyed participating on a regular basis as much as I have.
    As far as changing the format goes then I would leave it as it is because as I've stated elsewhere in this thread, ''I believe it's the best p.l. in the entire football league'', and I'm not just saying that because it's ours, I'm saying it because it's a fact!
    Personally, the only thing that I'd change is the goalscorer, which I would get rid of altogether. It's o.k. most of the time but there are some weeks when you don't post till approaching kick-off time and you're having to find a goalscorer so you just look at what the other posters have picked and go for one of theirs.
    Anyway, I hope this prediction league can continue to give enjoyment to all those who've ever taken part in it over the years, and let's hope that they all come back to enjoy it again, and again, and again, and again.

LONG LIVE OUR PREDICTION LEAGUE

Hi CAM, respect your decision to pack it all in. Really enjoyed it last season. Why not put another post up on Dukes board to see if anyone wants to takeover running it. Be a shame to lose it altogether. Make it easier by doing away with the goalscorer.

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy the PL and enjoy the banter it creates.....from the film Shane starring Alan Ladd I can picture you now riding up the lane with a posse of us faithfuls running after you shouting 'Come back CAM come back....don't leave us' 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy the PL and enjoy the banter it creates.....from the film Shane starring Alan Ladd I can picture you now riding up the lane with a posse of us faithfuls running after you shouting 'Come back CAM come back....don't leave us' ������������
    '' Do not forsake me oh my darling ''

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast