+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work in Aberdeen

Work in Aberdeen

I am just been told I am to take unpaid leave from tomorrow for 2 months, this after 2 wage cuts in last year and prices doubling due to inflation (devaluation) in Baku

I think its time to come home.

I believe there is no work in aberdeen either though

Can anyone advise any agents that could help. I have been in construction, and with new roads and hotels, even a new football stadium, there maybe a chance.

Failing that I would be happy to push tolleys again at fine fair, anything to feed the kids

Construction you could be alright. Oil and gas is the area thats f@cked mate

I am registered with oilandgasjobsearch.com and the have a sister site constructionjobsearch.com who started sending me emails as the o&g industry is so dry and there seems to be a good few up here

Its nae good in Aberdeen to an extent work wise. I had to f@ck off to Angola as there were no jobs in oil and gas and when the do appear they close within hours due to the shear volume of applicants. But for you i wouldnt be scared of coming back. There is work just not alot in certain sectors

Quote Originally Posted by peter_ssb View Post
    I am just been told I am to take unpaid leave from tomorrow for 2 months, this after 2 wage cuts in last year and prices doubling due to inflation (devaluation) in Baku

I think its time to come home.

I believe there is no work in aberdeen either though

Can anyone advise any agents that could help. I have been in construction, and with new roads and hotels, even a new football stadium, there maybe a chance.

Failing that I would be happy to push tolleys again at fine fair, anything to feed the kids

Balfour Beattie were advertising for folk a few weeks back for the airport extension.

There's absolutely hee haw in oil and gas.

Seems to be quite a few jobs in London area - HS2, construction works at the airports etc.

Smile

I'm sure when you do come home with the attitude you have you will find a job for sure.

Especially after seeing Fine Fare that tells me your of vintage age ..raised a smile with fine fare oh the good old days

Edit to say
    I'd have mentioned Grandfare. next to the ABC picture hoos Buc being an ABC minor
    Last edited by Buc; 28-07-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    I'm sure when you do come home with the attitude you have you will find a job for sure.

Especially after seeing Fine Fare that tells me your of vintage age ..raised a smile with fine fare oh the good old days

Edit to say
    I'd have mentioned Grandfare. next to the ABC picture hoos Buc being an ABC minor
    How do you like again

Quote Originally Posted by peter_ssb View Post
    How do you like again
    Sorry to hear about your job in Baku Peter, however closer to home it looks like the Hinkley nuclear power station is to get the green light today.

There is talk of them needing 5.500 jobs in the construction, also it will last 10 years, worth a look at, and it is in cider country. Good luck.

I'd be staying put, min.

From Saxavord to Land's End, the place is fuucked.

The AWPR still appears to be hiring though.

One of my loons is awa tae Australia in a few weeks.
    Disnae look like there's ony way back for the oil industry in Aberdeen.

On the other hand, the mention of Grandfare always reminds me of little Ailsa Thomson at the cold meat counter.
    That lassie had a special way with the corned beef.

If its construction work you're looking for

Edinburgh is closer to Aberdeen than Baku and there are literally Billions of Pounds worth of building projects their over the next wee while

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Disnae look like there's ony way back for the oil industry in Aberdeen.
    I was speaking to a BP big wig last trip and he would argue with you

The world is now at a point where there is more oil burning than being produced. Just expect operators to take the cheap option, ie bin half their workforce and make 1 person do 2 folks job.

Take my place. Its BPs second most profitable asset world wide but the mechanical team(my dept) are solid working, too much work per head, but thats the way its going to be from now on. Suits me, day flies in when you busy as f@ck bit thats whats going to happen everywhere.

Also the yanks are cutting back on fracking which will help world oil prices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast