+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7,000 expected for first home game!

For the first 15 mins it looked like we were going to get thrashed but we gradually got into the game. One grumble here for me is when you have been under that sort of pressure you must try and keep the ball and slow game down by passing it to each other for say 5 to 10 passes , not get possession and try play a quick ball forward straight to their keeper thus handing possession back.
    Overall a good game to watch and a draw was the right result.
    Turton was my man of the match. Dagnall runs his socks off and as SD says Daggers would chase a bag of crisps.
    We did look a little tired towards the end.

I was really impressed and left the game feeling as satisfied with a Saturday afternoon viewing as I hadn't seen for a long while. Okay no goals AND they completely dominated for the first 18 minutes but after that it worked out even stevens. the most surprising (and gratifying) thing was that the defence played really well (although I felt a slight shiver when I saw Ray warming up 10 minutes from the end!) There was also some evidence of skill AND CONFIDENCE (!!!) with the ball. Lets hope Hartlepool doesn't provide us with a big bump!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123