+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: position predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcrompton1896 View Post
    I suppose their hope is that the academy keeps turning a profit with good players to sell on ad infinitum.

If they are so obsessed with making money out of football it begs the question why they sacked Gary Bowyer ,who in spite of mediocre
    results on the field,had a rare talent in buying ans selling players for smaller figures.
    It seems that most / many are battling with this very conundrum

Well, no. Thats not strictly true. The fans who pay where all voicing concerns and didn't rate him. Didn't rate his signings, didn't rate Hanley. Didn't think he should be captain. Didn't rate Duffy, didn't rate very much. So the owners may have made the mistake of listening. Now all those players are rated and many are confused why he was sacked. We haven't moved on at all since then. One thing hasn't changed. Fans are still saying everything looks bleak.

The fact of the matter the slide is inevitable whoever is in charge
    Bowyer,Lambert,Coyle or the tea lady it makes very little difference
    show no ambition and face the consequences
    bowyer was a nice guy it showed on the pitch I don't long for his return however I thought Lambert could of pushed us on
    I was wrong and will admit that but the big problem is at the top and until that's rectified we will continue to slide.

That's right Robin, and what was meant by my post Champs.
    Even now, still nothing coming out of Pune. Maybe they're bored with it all now.

Fact is,with zero pence to spend your options are severely limited whilst selling off all the best players.

In the circumstances Coyle probably needs to beef up his scouting network as I reckon 21st will be difficult enough to achieve anyway. In one respect,its an exciting season,can we escape the relegation dogfight,and that,before a ball is kicked?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Mid table mediocrity for the Rovers
    Massive relegation battle for the Clarets
    Burnley will definitely go down, lost their most influential player (Barton) and signed no one of note !!!!!!

Apparently Burnley already reduced to getting players in on loan in spite of pots of cash. Generally they are refusing to pay the going rate,so Venkys only doing the same really with massive debts.

Challenging times for Coyle. If he is able to bring the youngsters on and improve their play that will be a massive bonus. Strangely enough something Bowyer steadfastly refused to do,more so even than Lambert. I remain hopeful Coyle can motivate us up to 21st place.

Again, not strictly true. While Bowyer was in charge there wasn't an ambundance of young players vying for the first team. The odd one that was ready, got a chance. Lenihan was about it. Timing was the reason. Not a reluctance to play them. Hardly any are vying right now. So 12 months ago, they where 12 months younger. And had less of an impact than they are having now. Which is minimal. So id ask, which names can you come up with now, to back up that statement? Which Bowyer steadfastly refused to play?
    Last edited by champs95; 05-08-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by needle View Post
    Burnley will definitely go down, lost their most influential player (Barton) and signed no one of note !!!!!!
    Believe it or not we have just signed someone,Flanagan from the Bindippers ..At least it's a signing.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    That's right Robin, and what was meant by my post Champs.
    Even now, still nothing coming out of Pune. Maybe they're bored with it all now.
    Despair - I have long given up all hope of expecting to understand Venky's actions and motives, but I would really like to see a clear, unambiguous breakdown of what money has been spent on the Club by them over the years, and where any proceeds from transfers have gone. This is surely possible, as the accounts must be open to public scrutiny.
    Lots of posters on the LET site continue to talk about asset-stripping, but is it really true? If that was really the Raos' intention, wouldn't they have bailed out two or three years ago? I find it very difficult to believe that they have made a profit out of their investment, despite lucrative player-sales, but I might well be wrong. I'd just like to see some figures to clarify things one way or another.
    Do any of you know if any individual or some independent agency has attempted that kind of analysis? I would have thought it is almost impossible to make money out of owning a football club, but - again - I am guessing, so I would really like to see some informed opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)