+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dobbie back at qos!!

Having seen the pictures on the official site,the dobmeister certainly appears to have lost a few pounds. Looking lean and mean.Maybe have to change the song to "Steve Dobbie Dobbie,we don't care if your underweight"etc.��

Re.the above post.Apologies to monkey tennis on pie and Bovril.Just seen your post.Seems that we are of the same opinion.

My word just wakened up did I dream it. Stephen Dobbie is a Queens player again! 😀⚽️👋👋
    Take a bow the BOD

My son in Toronto knew about this before me! - brilliant news which must inspire people to go along to Palmerston.

Fantastic news! Cannot wait to see the Dobmeister playing for us again. Welcome back!

Since leaving Queens, Stephen Dobbie has turned out for no fewer than six other clubs most of whom (if not all of whom) it would be generally accepted play at a higher level than Queens. I have set out his playing record with Queens and thereafter. (There are minor discrepancies between one information source and another so please don't come back at me that I've missed a substitute appearance or whatever here or there). I have included all games played for the various clubs:

Queens: 87 starts 10 sub appearances 97 total 54 goals
    Swansea: 34/33/67 14 goals
    Blackpool: 37/22/59 16 goals
    Fleetwood: 19/10/29 4 goals
    Crystal Palace: 10/7/17 3 goals
    Brighton: 5/10/15 2 goals
    Bolton: 3/22/25 4 goals

On a goals per game ratio Queens certainly had the best of him. I can't recall the return of a player generate such excitement and such expectation. For all our sakes, including Stephen's, I sincerely hope that we have the return of the warrior and not the return of the wounded soldier.

Gee's a break Cresswell

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Gee's a break Cresswell
    Arrol1919, let me make one thing clear. I was an admirer of Stephen Dobbie when he was last at Palmerston and his record was impressive with 54 goals from 97 appearances. However, he is a professional footballer who decided to move on; and I have absolutely no problem with that. I would have done exactly the same had I been in his boots. In my opinion, his playing career south of the border was not an unqualified success: but nor was it a failure. However, I would think that it was substantially more financially rewarding than staying at Palmerston. He made 212 appearances for his various clubs but 104 of these were as a substitute. He scored 43 goals in these appearances - not all that an impressive goals to games ratio. He has now returned to Queens for reasons of his choosing, and his return has met with an euphoric response on this site. Like it or not, I am not all that interested in how well Dobbie played when he was here seven years ago. I am interested only in how well he can play now: but how do we assess that? Frankly, we can't. During his seven years away I caught only occasional glimpses of Dobbie on television which is not a satisfactory measure of how well he is or was performing. I hope and expect that the experience he has gained will stand him in good stead in the Scottish Championship but it cannot be ignored that he is now almost 34 years old and in the twilight of his playing career. I sincerely hope this move turns out well for both Queen of the South and Stephen Dobbie but you must pardon me if I contain my over-the-top euphoria until he has proved himself. Time will tell whether or not it was a good move by Queens.

Thanks for the stats but just for the record the Dobmeister's Queens career is 89 starts 15 on the bench and 55 goals
    Last edited by Ftivano1; 04-08-2016 at 03:51 PM. Reason: missed word

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)