+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope Stubbs 'really' wasn't interested in a cup run last night…..

I hope Stubbs 'really' wasn't interested in a cup run last night…..

as he sent out a very poor side of supposed Championship level players…..

Yes I was there…yes I watched the extra time…..very dour display all round…

Also hope he took note of who not to play in future games…..

Honestly I think stubb is a genius think about it as an advertisement for the loans he wants to loan out he shows what potential they have and they snap them up.

It could also be a test for Yates to see if he could play with the home fans watching

And Stubbs has been hearing how bad halford is in defence so he wanted to see it with his own eyes

So if you look at it this way I don't think winning was a priority

Interestingly as a parked up before the game i had dee dar on. After a spunk fest about the Sheffield clubs A interview with Stubbs came on .He said and i quote "i will put the best available side out and respect he cups.That means all the fit players will start" so in that cast Danny ward,Antony Forde,Lee Camp and 2 or 3 others were not fit then or was it BS. Iam not that bothered we lost and half the team were playing 50% probably same as Ipswich,Barnsley and few other champ side that crashed to lg1/2 opposition .Think its more of a distraction this trophy now more important to Morcambe .They could get a decent tie as a championship tie for us is essentially a league game and nothing different . Read nothing in to this iam sure it will be alot better at Villa .

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Interestingly as a parked up before the game i had dee dar on. After a spunk fest about the Sheffield clubs A interview with Stubbs came on .He said and i quote "i will put the best available side out and respect he cups.That means all the fit players will start" so in that cast Danny ward,Antony Forde,Lee Camp and 2 or 3 others were not fit then or was it BS. Iam not that bothered we lost and half the team were playing 50% probably same as Ipswich,Barnsley and few other champ side that crashed to lg1/2 opposition .Think its more of a distraction this trophy now more important to Morcambe .They could get a decent tie as a championship tie for us is essentially a league game and nothing different . Read nothing in to this iam sure it will be alot better at Villa .
    Yeah mate it was BS they always say that find me a manager who say no I'm sticking my worst team out because I couldn't give a fk about this crapy add on cup

A brilliant tactical masterstroke to be fair

With Villa scouts there, he has helped to lull them into thinking our defensive abilities really are a total shambles, and therefore Villa can field their juniors on Saturday - probably equivalent to L2 standard, and still put 5 plus goals past us. But of course, we know better.....

*cough*

C'mon on Millers, just treat Saturday as a cup tie......

then again.....

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Yes pal he did spout that so wtf happened?

If he's going to tell lies and field a below poor side then he needs to reflect on his actions....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Yes pal he did spout that so wtf happened?

If he's going to tell lies and field a below poor side then he needs to reflect on his actions....
    So if he put his strongest side out, if it had been a League game that would have been the starting XI? I don't care what other teams do, I went Tuesday to see us win

Didn't look like many Championship teams were bothered about this cup TBH, looks like the apathy about it has spread from the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Didn't look like many Championship teams were bothered about this cup TBH, looks like the apathy about it has spread from the Premier League.
    It's on it's death bed the League Cup and I expect they will be making the call on time of death very soon. Players can't be bothered, fans can't be bothered and it looks like sponsors can't even be bothered. Put it out of it's misery please FL.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's on it's death bed the League Cup and I expect they will be making the call on time of death very soon. Players can't be bothered, fans can't be bothered and it looks like sponsors can't even be bothered. Put it out of it's misery please FL.
    Why bother with league cup when we have FA cup same teams in it they moan that that leagues needs to be trimmed down because there are too many games no that's not the problem. Making stupid add on cups is the problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast